The Freakhouse: A Touch Of Lilium

@Lycoris
To add some more stuff, I’m more of a private beta tester; it’s easier to point out errors and share opinions in a more close-knit group- so that’s why I prefer participating in private beta testing more than the public one, since it allows one to get more in-depth.
As I’ve mentioned before, I’ve beta tested for a variety of games, such as rpg games like Maplestory from Nexon and some COG games that are now published online- so I’m pretty familiar with bugs and story continuity, and as a result I take beta testing seriously :slight_smile:
Hope this will help expand my “job application”:sunglasses:

1 Like

I love maplestory been a player since 2010 or 2009
I can’t remember it’s one of those two

@Moferiah, even if you can’t help me with the grammar, it’s very helpul to have another set of eyes spotting the occasional typo! :smile: Also, as I said in the post, opinions and thoughts are also very valuable! Theories, criticism, ideas… all of it it welcomed!

Like @Zsero, @Seven7h, @Zolataya say, if you don’t try you will never know! It’s more, it feels like you’re not interested in testing :disappointed_relieved:

@namijoan eh… how close-knit does that mean? As in, very few? :sweat_smile: Because I have about 10-20 places, so it won’t be a small group…? Still, thanks for answering! :wink: Maybe I sound annoying or too fussy, but after these two months I know what I’m looking for :smile: And I want people who are going to be dedicated or at least try to do things properly instead of half-hearted things :relaxed:

2 Likes

Oh, no, I definitely interested! It’s just my main concern is how much I am able to contribute.

Aside from aforementioned problems with grammar there are certain factors in real life that might affect how much time I have. It’s not certain that they will, but I’m afraid of taking someone else’s spot when thats a possibilty, considering that there are so many people who want to beta test too. :sweat:

1 Like

Well… it’s not like I have a strict number set for testers: if I want to have 16 beta testers instead of 15, then I sure as hell am going to have 16; after all I’m the one setting things up :smile: So you shouldn’t have to worry about that; and I understand that some people are very busy with their lives, so that’s why I leave about two weeks for a single reply (and if you need more time, you can email me and I’ll let you off the hook).

3 Likes

If you’ve still got spots for any more Beta Testers I’d love to help and provide some feedback :smiley:

2 Likes

I have a question. It’s about the animals they have in the circus. While you didn’t describe any physical freakishness I do find their behaviour a bit freaky. The tiger seems too tame and we’ll the monkey is probably a real hit at parties. So question is are the animals freaks as well?

1 Like

Duh, of course the animals are special too! :grin: They are Vex’s beasts :wink:

The tiger behaves like a big cat for now because the show hasn’t started, and is pretty much ignoring a ram who’s sulking there: of course that’s unusual :smirk: And the monkey is a very special creature, you better keep an eye on it :wink:

2 Likes

I knew something was up with the monkey… can’t trust monkeys. Also now I’m concerned for my tamer Mc x]

2 Likes

Haha, wait 'til you have to get ready for the show :smirk: Because those are strictly speaking, Vex’s animals: you gotta find your own… and it’s not cool :wink:

3 Likes

I see at least one mauling in my future. Also how am I supposed to catch more animals if I didn’t even get a starter? (Pokémon reference cause I can)

3 Likes

Ah, I wonder how:smiling_imp:

1 Like

I have a feeling it’s going to involve the Mc functioning as bait. And why can I see dagger being the one to say “trust me. What could possibly go wrong?” Right before we join the club of missing at least one limb…

2 Likes

Haha, how mean :grin: Dagger didn’t loose his arm baiting an animal :wink:

And really, animal taming isn’t very fun, at least for Vex, for… story reasons :smirk:

2 Likes

There’s a lot of dangerous acts:

Vex’s animal taming.
Ember’s fire act.
Dagger’s knife throwing.

Seriously, somebody is going to die xD

2 Likes

Dagger is my bro so far so the “what could possibly go wrong” would surely be him making an effort at whatever plan he helped me execute to assure my tamer has animals to use in the show.

And it may not be how he lost his arm but who’s to say that having my own animals won’t cost me an arm and a leg :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Nah, it would just kill you :wink: I know what I’m talking about.

@Nathan_Faxon heck, you would finish earlier if you listed what’s not dangerous :wink: I should have just named Lyssa and Furor’s Circus something else :smile:

2 Likes

Lyssa and Furor’s house of a thousand corpses? :smirk:

2 Likes

I suppose I can take your word for it. This once.

1000 ways to die in a circus.
There ya go.

1 Like

Well I suppose I can add my experience and understanding of playtesting and feedback to my favour. I have playtested and helped co-students and alumni with their prototypes and professional projects, after all it’s a very important facet in our studies (game design, development, art, and interaction). Granted those playtests were focused mostly on design and user experience, which may not be the most important part of a choice your own adventure game in this format. Nevertheless I major in Game Art so giving and receiving feedback is something ordinary for me, in your case it may be parts of your story or characters instead of rendering or narrative visual design, which could be subjugated to my criticism. I also like reading, ritual sacrifice, and dogs.

1 Like