An Absinthian Ballad (Mini-Update 29.07.18)

Maybe because I’m a guy but the only person that does not come off creepy to me so far is our beloved brother Ben Who is like adorable. But the reason he’s adorable because it’s genuine Brotherly concert none of that incest nonsense that’s so popular in this medium.

6 Likes

…that is the best thing I’ve heard all day.

1 Like

Err… even when the protagonist sacrificedherself in the first season, I would not call it a happy ending have cold sweats uuhh I do not understand how is THAT anime is like a otome game. I mean, the characters!! I am not even sure if they are in love with her. What I see is that they are interested in her blood. Lot of brutality. I think it is because of the colour of the anime but it seems so otherworldly(too surreal, if I remember correctly, they can teleport! They can hear things at the other side of the manor, really fast, faster than superman) and lifeless. But that is only my opinion, if you are a fan of this anime, good for you, you see love in place I cannot see and appreciate it, the story and all that. ^^ it is just that I do not understand the charm really.

Lol, personally I want the fans to experiment what is like to have a yandere as someone who loves you because I really want to see if they will still like them. I may be sadist here because I am sure that it will not turn out well with most but meh. Their popularity may lie to their obsession with the person they like because they are totally loyal and will do anything REALLY anything for that person which just show how much they love that person. And people like to know that the person they love will fully love them. Well, they can also find it sweet how dedicated they are because I doubt anybody was that hard-working for them. If they really have someone like this then, that person has the potential of becoming a yandere or is actually a yandere. Or they simply are like these people with a sister complex or brocon on and on… I admit that yandere can be sweet but they are taking things to the extreme.

Lol, wait, I think their first meeting was when the protagonist was 14 and he was what? In his twenties? That says a lot, the guy is totally lying or is into little girl. Moreover, someone who looks perfect mean that he is hiding something, definitively.

I’ve spent a lot of time drawing up notes the past couple of days, and I’ve made a few changes and adjustments.

• There is a new RO, Valentin Auer. I’ve added his description to my first post. He will be introduced in the next couple of scenes.
  • At the moment, there are approximately twenty endings planned, four good ones, and sixteen bad ones. Expect the number of bad endings to rise.
  • I have also changed certain details in the story, so I will have to update the writing to reflect those changes.

Some things planned for this weekend.

• Edmund’s scene will definitely be finished.
  • Hopefully Valentin will be introduced.
  • Editing some of the actual writing for mistakes, new details, and for better flow.

The prologue is still planned to be finished by the end of this month, hopefully :pensive:.

@Snowflower :upside_down_face::upside_down_face::upside_down_face: He could be a vampire lol. Or a guy with a fantastic skincare regime. He’s mortal, at this time anyway lol.

@Umbreonpanda He’s more or less a family friend. He did a few favours for Burkhard way back when the latter just got his title, and often stops by their estate for work.

@Rogar This isn’t how he was originally planned lol. But I’m glad I went with this one because it seems people really like him ^^ My first plan for him was a lot creepier, but I decided against it since that would make the whole game come off as really gloomy and hopeless.

@xXOtakuKonekoXx Then you’ll love some of the planned bad endings. Makes the doll outcome look downright pleasant in comparison.

@LikeGames I think most fans of yanderes agree that they would be awful in real life. But behind the safety of the fourth wall, I think it’s fine. It’s no different than playing absolute assholes in games, since most people who do that are probably lovely people. What people like in fiction isn’t necessarily what they like in reality. For me, the devotion and loyalty parts of their character are what make them so appealing. Of course, in real life, I’d prefer my SO to not be like a yandere. Also, I’ve seen a lot of people say, at least in the context of otome games, that part of what draws people into yanderes are their deep-seated issues, and working through them. So it’s not necessarily that they like the yandere character, so much as they find the backstory, the psyche interesting.

Lol Lothar claims love at first sight but he could be either in love with her or in love with something about her. Also don’t read too much into his compliments. It’s just flowery propriety.

20 Likes

Here you go, making me all excited again.

But seriously, Valentin coming from a peasant background is not going to make our dear father very pleased, is it? I mean, even Oskar, who pretty much holds no land or wealth, is still nobility. Are we going to be able to court him properly or will we have to do so in hiding?

Or does our father - and the court - do not care at all?

Yeah, I’m renegade Shepard all the way but I can’t hurt a fly in real life :joy:

Reality and fiction are separated by a very clear line. So much so that most of what I enjoy in fiction I could never tolerate in real life.

He’s the glasses/serious type who (in otome) is sweet and caring in his own way? Think Jumin from Mystic Messenger or Kent from Amnesia (he’s the only good thing that came out from that game and Ukyo when he’s off his crazy pills)

@LikeGames I generally don’t like otome anime adaptations because of the “route of the week” structure they have, it’s like one episode and BOOM! I LOVE YOU BLAND HEROINE WITH THE PERSONALITY OF A PEN! So naturally I really disliked the DL anime but I’m not a big fan of the game either. I have mixed feelings with the game, character designs are pretty good because I like weird/ uncommon designs, and that unlike most games it’s not curing my issues with the power of love but…Only 2/8 characters ACTUALLY LOVE the heroine and not use her as a blood bank and it doesn’t feel like she developed Stockholm syndrome. Not to mention all the abuse she suffers from the other 6 dudes. And in the 2nd game where 4 new guys are introduced It’s still the 2 from the first game that still feel genuine. So yeah, for me only Subaru and Shuu exist the rest is shite :expressionless:

5 Likes

Again maybe because I don’t play otome hell maybe because I hardly play dating Sims at all. But this adaptation doesn’t seem like it has a stereotypical tropes and I personally loved the world that it takes listen so far. Awesome quite curious about the Lord everything seems flushed out but none of it’s carelessly dumped in your face.

I have to agree. I am not into reverse harem in anime because every male in the show will be attracted to the heroine, which is kind of annoying. ^^;

I really don’t mind playing some otome games though since most of the games lock you on specific character route.

Anyway, I look forward to new more scenes and Valentin looks interesting. So far Lothar is high on my list right now. More CoGs in the romance genre alongside WC so I am excited!

4 Likes

I agree with @resuri08! I can’t wait to meet Valentin.

How much older is Valentin than Alexandra?

1 Like

@Anathema He might have allegedly humble origins, but he is a Brigadier-General, and well-liked by the King. Some people might be disdainful of him because of it, but nobody can say it outright, and even if they did, it’s not gonna stop Valentin.

@cookiemonsta

Valentin Auer

sweet and caring

I’ll say this right now, but these do not belong together unless “is not” is between them lol.

I think Code: Realize has a pretty good adaptation, but I don’t really know if it’s accurate to the game. I just know they’re adapting Lupin’s route. Ikemen Sengoku also had a really great anime, but that’s because they made it without the MC and did it as a slice-of-life.

@lokidemon007 Valentin is 24 when you can start courtship, so 6 years between him and Alexandra

I’ve been mapping out the game and the endings, and I’ve come to realize just how awful some of the stuff is, so if you’re not interested in reading some of the terrible things that happen, I’ll have some warnings below. If not, feel free to ignore, or read it, if you’re curious.

Some minor?? spoilers for people who might not want to play / read darker stuff.

Play either Edmund or Oskar or Valentin. They have easier good ends planned, and most of their bad ends aren’t too bad. Valentin is a bit darker than the first two, but it can easily be avoided if you play your cards mostly right. Edmund and Oskar are just softies, and their bad ends are more angst than dark.

Avoid Lothar and ???, they’re complete messes and have tons of easy bad ends. ??? is especially awful since there’s no ‘good’ end with him, and I think he’s the only one that has endings where you can die (which are probably the good endings, now that I think about it). I think together the two of them make up ten of the sixteen bad endings. So yeah, avoid them if you’re not wanting to read awful things.

9 Likes

I’mI’m very interested so I am trying to avoid spoilers

1 Like

Wow, he became brigadier general quick!

It is tempting to read but I’ll just wait for the finish product. XD

…music to my ears, dear.

That bit in the minor(?) spoilers cut has me SO excited! …I think the BtD games, and TDDUP have ruined me. I now live for awful endings, and it feels so good to play ones that you have to go out of your way to get. I’m so excited… I’m so excited! It’s Rire and Cain all over again! It’s Strade all over again!
Hhhhhhhhhhhh!!! :two_hearts: (๑ :heart::heart: ๑)

I’m excited for Valentin. If my love for darker characters, and darker stories hasn’t already given it away… I like my stories and characters dark, and packed with so much edge you could make a clean cut through diamond with it. (๑•̀ㅂ•́)و :star2:

Yup! Exactly! The only good reserve harem anime is Ouran High School Host Club…AND IT’S A PARODY OF THAT GENRE!

@locria oh man…

2 Likes

Wait does that mean there will be a 5th RO or it is who I think it is? Frederick

2 Likes

Yeea…that’s what I assumed. I think Lothar will be the last one I’ll try to pursue. It’s gonna be a challenge…oh well that’s what the Restart button and homemade walkthroughs are for. xD

And while I also suspect ??? could be Frederick I kind of hope not. I would kind of it if he was a potential friend/ally of the MC with no romantic involvement

So am I the only one who feel like a cult is going to show up in at least one of the routes (or just restricted to a bad end)?^^

Also @locria, will “all” types of MC’s be able to get all good endings? It might be more difficult for some, but they “just” have to play to their strengths and choose the “correct” choices?

And lastly (for the thread), I haven’t tried all types of MC, but does she always hates social gatherings? Or is it more because she’s 16 and awkward? :stuck_out_tongue: Because being an anti-social/loathing-the-social-scene-of-the-court wallflower, fitted perfectly with the MC I created, but I don’t know if that is just a general trait for the MC. :slight_smile: