An Absinthian Ballad (Mini-Update 29.07.18)

WHAT IS GOING ON IN THE NEW UPDATE I’M CONFUSED AF O.O

IS THIS WHO I THINK IT IS? BAD TOUCH BAD TOUCH STRANGER DANGER D:

Did anyone else got the achievement? Is it that easy or just a taste until the demo is complete?

1 Like

I think it’s just an extra scene to be implemented. Since it’s not fully finished it kind of comes out of nowhere.

And stranger danger indeed. D:

I think the only way to currently avoid either bad end 16 or 17 is to say nothing to Creepy McCreepster. But I would think it’ll change (how easy it is to get end 16/17) with the complete demo, since the scene is under construction. :slight_smile:

If it is ???, I’m so glad you can avoid getting on his “route” when you choose one of the 4 RO’s. Also am I the only one who gets major vampire vibes from him? :slight_smile:

I’m getting that necromancer creep vibes from Dragon Age 2

1 Like

Noticed a bug; fighting back against Oskar triggers an error message, apparently due to the fact that there is no longer a reputation value.

Uugh…yeah definitely. Especially when you get the ending in which you agree, and he dresses you up in an old dress, clearly targeted you because you reminded him of someone else and says that the “hair and eyes” doesn’t fit completely. Like he’ll find a way to make sure they do. shudder I think that cat reaction image you posted ealier fitted my reaction pretty spot on during the entire new scene.

1 Like

@Talyrion Fixed that, thanks!

@Umbreonpanda :upside_down_face::upside_down_face::upside_down_face:

@Ventura Interesting theory you have there :upside_down_face:.

I forgot a transition scene right before Bad Touch Man, so it seems a bit abrupt. I’ll add that on when I’m actually done my readings lol.

But it really is that easy to get those bad ends :grinning:. Pleasant, right? And lolol, this isn’t the last of ???
a.k.a. Bad Touch Man.

A note about Bad Touch Man, don't read if you don't want minor spoilers

I messed up the coding so it won’t do it now, but if you choose hazel eyes, he’ll mention only your hair is wrong. He’s kind of using Alexandra as a replacement at this point, which is why he’s so ‘tender’ (???) to her. These were his tamer endings. Make do with that what you will :stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

So of notable NPC’s potentially relevant for the MC, we now have:

• Benedikt
  • Friedrich
  • Edmund
  • Oskar
  • Lothar
  • Valentin
  • and Bad Touch Man

MC, I’m not saying your selection of potential party members is shoddy, but it kind of is. xD

2 Likes

@locria I absolutely love your game! And now I’m also super curious to learn more about Bosiljka and ??? after that bad ending. I’m hoping by ??? saying “…I won’t let you go again." my girl Bosiljka managed to escape him. :persevere: A̶n̶d̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶M̶C̶’̶s̶ ̶l̶u̶c̶k̶.̶.̶.̶I̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶y̶ ̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶h̶a̶z̶e̶l̶ ̶e̶y̶e̶s̶,̶ ̶l̶o̶l̶.̶

Some errors I caught

Error 1

You flinch as you hear

Error 2

I’m sure they will like you

Error 3

So you take advantage of his

Error 4

My guess here is that the word was supposed to be either object or badge? But not both?

That extra scene from the mysterious character is scary. It’ll motivate to really aim for someone instead of being wishy-washy. :joy:
I’m honestly glad that you decided to cut down on the bad endings and you said that you were planning on adding a save system, right? That would be a good idea for people buying this game blind. I know I would be upset if I had to start all over to get to a good ending a certain amount of times. I would eventually wait for a walkthrough.

This story seems really interesting so far. I have no idea which RO I will be interested in the most yet, although…

Summary

since some RO’s endings resulting in the MC being turned into a doll, I think I will stick with Oskar my first time through the game.

I haven’t played any Otomme games, so I think I’m going to be super cautious about my choices now. :flushed:

I have a simple request can one of the love interests e eventually grow facial hair if they don’t already have it. Sick of these beardless men grumble grumble grumble.

2 Likes

I don’t know why but I imagine Valentin with a magnificent beard. And Oskar with light stubble.

3 Likes

For me everyone’s shaved clean…The perfect gentlemen (?)

3 Likes

That’s how I imagine Lothar. Clean shaven face with a straight nose and high arched brows.

Oskar I just picture him as kind of a brat lol (but a charming one).

1 Like

This is a weird fusion between 17 and 18 century culture Elise facial hair was. Which means they range from being incredibly clean shaven to have in the most ridiculous facial hair known to man!!

3 Likes

Is there a vampire in this story?

I can’t load my game. Can you fix that ?

Thanks you :blush:

I have to admit I’m not very familiar with 17th and 18th-century fashion - or any fashion tbh, but people didn’t all dressed the same, right? There had to be some variety, especially within the different social classes.

I also imagine Edmund with long hair caught in a loose ponytail. Is that something men in those centuries would ever wear or is it a big no-no?

1 Like

Welp here comes the fancast!

Jacob Oftebro as Edmund (no shave)

Evan Peters as Oskar

Matthew Daddario as Lothar (can’t find a good one where he is shaved)

No Valentin cause I have no idea how to imagine him but his name makes me think of him as a redhead lol

6 Likes

The future of cultures is the difference between the Victorian England which is like the 1840s and 60s and then going farther back if you’re going to do. The holy Roman empire then the late 1790s. Fashion wise is a huge branch time. So other words people are dressing like a weird fusion between the 1950s and 2017. During the late 1790s most men did not work too much facial hair of upper class. Was there a Polish German or Hungarian maybe some Russians. Oh my was in full beard of some style mustache. Why the Victorian era you had every flavor of ridiculous beard mustache,fashionable. Minimally look at Civil War generals.