The Followers (Revived!) - Help testing chapter 3 (Updated 20/10/16)

Have you played to the point of the dream with your follower with the different spirits? You might find some of those suggestions already exist in some form there when you go through your 2nd change :smile:

No clue about the Ancestral Spirits, but yes, I’ve played around with each of the spirits. You mind giving me a refresher?

1 Like

I can PM you all the secondary forms you take on if you want. Won’t put them in here though

2 Likes

Can i become the god of destruction? I want to be the most feared god!

Can u pm me and on another note I can’t seem to get ancestral spirits path again help on how to get it

As I’ve mentioned before I am in love with this WIP and am amazed at how much better its gotten even in just the last month or so since the original draft was posted.

The new intro is spectacular and breathes a lot of life into what was a slower start and the scenes towards the end are well written, enough so that I was a little shocked when my prophet decided that human sacrifice would please me. I mean sure, I’d been playing a power hungry demon spirit up to that point but jeeze Emmerson thats the kind of thing you talk to your God about first.

Whatever you have done to tweak the variables seems to have worked because I’m finding it much easier to get other spirit types now than I was before.

1 Like

@WhiteLynx

How the hell did you took the form of your follower ?

Demons are apperently 8bit

You’re half the size of a human, without features but a shape can be seen in the swirling snow that makes up your form. A head with sharp black holes for eyes, like voids, two arms that reach to the floor, two short legs, half the size of a humans. Even the snow that spins within you appears sharp and dangerous, glinting with a black sheen.

The overall effect gives the impression of both a mischievous sprite and a deadly imp.
SPRITE ?

Lol, sprite as in the old english spirits.

Do you feel that description doesn’t work? I can try to word it better if it’s bringing on memories of the SNES

In her dream when i was trying to convince her to meet other people

Gosh, I’ve been tryin’ for hours now and I just can’t seem to get the nothing. I was kind of wondering, why is it that we get to choose what gender our first worshipper is? At first I thought that maybe we would become the same gender as they are but now I’m not so sure.

They gender choice was to allow people a chance to have the prophet/seer etc of their religion be a man or woman. Didn’t want people to feel under represented. The sex of the spirit/force ive not felt is nessasary so far as its not human.

Pepole have spoken about relationships with followers in the future and I’ve not yet decided if that’s appropriate but if it were you could probably determine your sex prior to appearing to them.

@Maxmansung

Well unless you are mixing olde english into this in greater quantity then you shouldnt but these little things here its a bit confusing. Just my eight bits.

@WhiteLynx

can you try to repeat it and report how you do that ? i want to see it.

The problem is I’m trying to represent as many cultures as possible. I can use a better word than sprite but there will be images from as many areas as possible where I can (Druidic, Greek, Egyptian, Chinese, Native American, Inuit etc)

I’ll take out sprite though, I’m not writing this in olde english and if I can remove confusion wherever possible I will.

It could be both.

http://zeldawiki.org/images/9/9e/FairyTAoL.png

2 Likes

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed? I seem to keep on getting the ‘Nothing’ spirit quite often and not the other ones ever since the last ‘tweak’.

Really fun played a couple of times. All ways landing on Ancestor spirt though.

@yanphi
@Chaos-Grunt
The spirits aren’t random, theyre based on the choices you make. If you make similar choices you become a similar spirit.

I am going to put in a recheck in chapter 3 to see if you continue with these similar views though

Let me just say that so far I love this game. Am very excited played through over a dozen times and just can’t get enough. Side note have managed to get everything but nothingness looking forward to that. Does body and mind affect your appearance in any way or effect your ability to help people cough cough children maybe