The Followers (Revived!) - Help testing chapter 3 (Updated 20/10/16)

Now you are Dimme, messenger to the Dark One, leader of the demons who carries the sun across the sky.

Your followers believer that:

Human sacrifice will bring strength to you all

My second playthrough. My regenerative tribal hordes will wage war across the lands… eventually. XD

Although I’ve noticed it’s very easy to become ‘who carries the sun across the sky’. I’ll need to find out what happens if you don’t try to help Aire.

1 Like

Very cool, Will be anticipating this game’s completion. I wish you the best of luck.

This is a joke, but:

I see two ways of this story ending:
You become Great Cthulhu.
You keep Great Cthulhu from awakening.

XD

3 Likes

So I’ve become a nature spirit, ancestor spirit, demon, and nothingness.

I wonder how one becomes a shadow.

Ok the game has been tweeked slightly to make players more likely to get different spirits other than just the nature one. Hopefully that makes the game slightly more balanced. The shadows are also easier to become.

With regards to the Sun and Moon guide Im not sure what to do,
I want the choice to be based on Aire/Rocs impression of you based on if you try to save them or not but it seems people are finding that a little restrictive…

Surprisingly, I got the Shadows That Watch, and I’ve been interested. However, it seems to have switched places with Nothingness in terms of rarity… :expressionless:

I’ve found it annoying that it keeps assigning me the Sun and making me a messenger. Also, the images seem to be loading improperly. The beliefs and the appearance section on the stats page should be fixed and added to, but I guess you’re already doing that.

Finally, will you be adding more types of spirits, or do you think its enough? Because I’d like you focus more on those you have now and adding some chapters.

Anyhow, thanks for this marvel of a game!

Cheers! :smile:

It seems to get moon you have to leave the person to die when given the chance between saving them or not.
And now I’m

Shade, messenger to the Darkness, leader of the shadows who carries the moon across the sky!

And apparently animal sacrifice is all the rage.
But hey.
Better than human sacrifices (that is a waste of manpower)

Also @Maxmansung will we meet other gods and goddesses and such?
Can we marry(or something) a god or goddess or whatever and unite our people?

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll be trying that method. Anyhow, any idea as to how to become Nothingness again? Because I’ve been finding it to be difficult. I’ll keep trying though.

I’ve made the shadows more common (ive put as much writing into those as I had every other kind and it seemed a shame almost no-one would get it) however its still rarer than all the others according to RandomTest. (15% compared to the 21-23% of the others)

Yea you always get sun when you save the child. Same as you always get the same colour when you rescue/kill the human although I am tempted to add 2 more options to the sun/moon outcome as it seems people don’t always want that outcome and always want to save the child

@faewkless
Eventually you will encounter other gods, other religions influence how you interact with them.

@Faerwynd You become nothingness by Having high belief but low humanity (e.g. killing the human but doing it to stop suffering)

1 Like

I think I got the ancestor spirits.
Time to see what this one is like.

EDIT:Okay out of all of the god-froms the ones that interest me the most are shadows and invisible forces.

1 Like

Wow really? I didn’t think anyone would want to play it through more than once (maybe twice until they realised that the general structure of the story isn’t changing too much) If you have any advice or criticisms I would love to hear them.

On a related note: There are now 4 options to get with regards to the sun/moon issues people were having. I dont know if that will make it slightly less annoying but hopefully it will help.

1 Like

Now you are Nihil, messenger to the Darkness, leader of the shadows, bringer or rain and creator of storms. Typo there. Also found quite few other typos in the dream sequence, and the “Darkness” when you’re the Shadow thing is kinda hammy and makes me sound cultish. I’d prefer being called the Watcher, according to my alignment. I’ve also found that I’m always called the messenger of X no matter what, or is it just me?

And please, fix the images. Anyhow, good work.

PS: What are the new weather titles determined by anyways?

PSS: What are your favorite spirits you’ve made so far?

Edit: Now you are Ereor, messenger to the Great One, leader of the animal spirits, bringer or rain and creator of storms. i think you might’ve accidentally replaced the title of Sun with Storms…

My favorite spirit is the demons, especially when you choose to look grand in the dream.

I also have a special place for the nothing, its difficult to write for but i’m really excited of the possibility of someone creating an agnostic or atheist cult of people by the end of the game :smile:

4 Likes

I loved playing as Nothingness! Although I’m still struggling with becoming a spirit of Nothing… :sweat_smile:

I’ll be trying out the Demon thing now. You have to be evil all the way, right?

And the last four option for weather titles will be Storm, Sun, Moon and… Er, can somebody tell me?

EDIT: Just did a quick speedthrough as a greater demon. It’s Stars, apparently. So do nothing → Because they did nothing for me is a bit strange. But what if I want to be Nothingness, or Shadows, and want the stars title for rp-ing? Oh well. Maybe you could add some more neutral options…

Actually I have questions.
What differences will there be between people who believe in nature vs invisible forces etc.
or is it purely cosmetic?
If we stray from what gave us our form shadow,spirit,etc.
Will our form change as well as our religion.
Also there is an error.

As you focus on his mind you can see his pain, like a small ball of needles within. With careful movements you begin to isolate this feeling, removing it from the rest of his mind. It takes a lot of concentration but eventually you manage to completely separate $[prophet_name} from the pain.

I was playing as a shadow and numbing pain.

1 Like

Thank you so much, I’ve sorted out that bug and I know there’s many more. Please don’t be afraid to point out mistakes, even if its just a section that you feel could be reworded better. I’m not someone that thinks their writing is perfect and I’m always happy to hear where I can improve.

I have been toying with a way to allow people to change later on but at the same time I don’t want people to simply pick their favorite every time. I like the idea of a 2nd stat check later on.

The form is important and there is soon to be a creation story that is based on a few factors. Those factors will be Spirit form, Environment and on if you promote body or mind. what I might to is throw another stat check in there and then allow people the option to keep their old form or take on the new one.

1 Like

Sweet! Will we be able to pick a different form related to your first one, or will it be another base one? Anyhow, I’m excited for another chapter update.

Do you have others in mind then? My plan was to stick with the original 5 as it might get complicated but I’m always open to suggestions if people feel something they want hasn’t been represented even slightly

Behind you shines the moon, the source of your power, that you carry acorss the sky each night.

Humanoid shadows don’t have appearances.

Dark Stalker, messenger to the Darkness, leader of the shadows and creator of the stars at night.

Your followers believer that:

Human sacrifice will bring strength to you all

1 Like

Going from nature spirit to a full on sky god, an animal god or somesuch.

The Shadows That Watch becoming a Death god, or a God of the Night. That, or we could go with being something akin to the circle of invisible hooded guys who watch over the world.

Demon spirits could become a Reaper, or a fire god, or a being of sin, or even a Wrathful Punisher.

Ancestral spirits could become an Angelic figure or some such.

A being of Nothingness could be a Supreme God, or a figure representing Existence.

These are only the first things that come to mind, but I frankly don’t like those, so I’d go with whatever you pick.