The Followers (Revived!) - Help testing chapter 3 (Updated 20/10/16)

Thank you @faewkless that dit it perfectly

One grammar error i found “Your connection with Roc has grown strong over the years and with some concentration you should be able to communicate through them. Just as you’re about to though the man looks up at her.” roc=male=her should be him and them should be him

1 Like

@portugas_d_ace
I’m glad you like it so far, I’ll do my best to keep up the standards although I’m aware the dialog probably could be improved and there’s a few parts that could benifit from a rewrite but ill do what I can.

@Assassin3006
Thanks for catching that one. It’s getting beyond my control to catch all the little bits.

I’m glad you think it flows better but don’t be scared to point parts that don’t work of feel badly written.

Her eyes slam open suddenly and she snaps out of the trance. You watch as her lips move, as if trying to speak but unsure of the words. He mumbles for a while but you only catch short words:
I didn’t know my seer could gender swap.

4 Likes

It’s a well known skill of those that talk to god. All the prophets through history became famous for it.

I’ll probably change that in this story though just to keep the flow.

1 Like

I honestly believe that this (nature at least) is a lot like the native brazilian tribes. They had a lot of god, whatsoever, each could represent something. The moon, as an exemple, is considered a god in at least some tribes. There’s even a story about a plan! Super cool. (It’s a water flower that -only- opens at night, so is related to the moon :0)

It had a lot of tribes and we mostly don’t know a lot of things about it (Some we know nothing but the name :x ). Yet, is pretty coolio.

Anyway, im happy about the game development! I’m going to play the updated chapters now ;0; /

1 Like

I love this I truly love this cant wait for more

Thanks so much for your comment. I am still working on this project and I know I’ve been quiet on the forums but I’ve been keeping am eye each day and reading all the new topics in secret.

My plan is to have chapter 3 completed by the end of January although I’ve been rather lax over the Xmas period.

Hope no one thinks I’ve abandoned this :confused:

4 Likes

lol well we all need some down time know and then lol but don’t worry were all here well I am at least lol am with you all the way on this :smile:

Yay good to see this is still running i was getting nervous my favorite wip was in trouble! If i might say something i was thinking that roc wanting to build a statue to (insert god here) seems a little out of character, what we see of him is he always is doing something that is practical and has use and his statue seems ostentatious and impractical not something i would associate with him now some thing like a grandwork shop or library would seem like something he would design. Thats my 2 cents on the matter

I can see where your coming from. With the structures it was based on the 7 wonders of the world (library of Alexander, Temple of zeus, colossus of Rhodes, hanging gardens, great pyramid). Roc was the only one with the skills in metalworking and structural knowledge to create a colossus.

I was considering him building a great lighthouse but that only works if your town is based by the ocean :(.

I’ll go back and give more reasoning behind the construction of a colossus though, make it into more of a feat of engineering and metalworking.

Maybe you could make the colossus practical then. Make it an oven and you got yourself a smoke signal maker and a last resort intimidation technique (a smoke and fire spitting giant can be intimidating from far) or add gems in the eyes that will have a certain shine during the day (or night if you represent the moon) and use it as a signal beam or something like that. A sort of land lighthouse to help peoples find the village (and probable pilgrimage place later)

Hi i was playing as animal spirit and i choose become one with nature and it said paws? I thought i was a bird lol.

I have a suggestion adding the aztecs would totally fit in this time period. They offer people to their god more specifically the heart of the one being sacrifice and they have 2 gods.

Im here author always watching from tge shadows always looking forward fpr the next update. - Ace lurker

1 Like

There is an opportunity for your followers to offer human sacrifice to you, and even build pyramid like temples to you. As an animal spirit you have a single appearance but you can become and influnce any part of nature with its powers.

Or are you talking about a specific part where there is a grammatical error? If you could tell me a bit more about the line of text it’s in i’ll try to fix it.

Soo i can change my apperance?

Your appearance varies depending on your followers beliefs and as part of the story however you have no direct control over how you appear. Thats based on how people see you and how the story plays out

What he’s trying to say is that your choices have consequence!
Badump bump!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I live the story so far it is very captivating

Cool! I wished I lived the story! What’s it like being a god?

1 Like

I tried being a god, wouldn’t recommend it. Too much responsibility, and people keep writing fan fictions about you and fighting over who’s was better

4 Likes

This Story was so crazy amazing for me. I loved it so much. The concept was so fun. “Gods” were small spirits that gain power from believers. I love it. The oracle was my favorite character so far. The first companion. He/she/they/it is like my personal baby who I protect above everyone else. Ugh. My heart was screaming romance please, but I thought it would be so unrealistic. Anyway, I love the ambiguity of the spirit’s gender, it gives so much fluidity. Them again, being a “god” mand all, gender won’t matter I guess. Anyway, I am so praying that you have not lost hope for this project of yours and that you find it in your heart to continue it. Good luck!

1 Like