The Followers (Revived!) - Help testing chapter 3 (Updated 20/10/16)

Phew! Thats a relief. Thought a whole bunch of stuff I’d put in was just being missed. I’ll try to make sure it’s not skewed to only Aire surviving most of the time. Should be the same chance for each of them when I checked it on randomcheck

So in what way did Roc sacrifice himself? My version was Aire got bitten by a venomous snake, I tried to save her and she had a convulsion and her mother implied she died, but then there was some unseen event where Roc sacrificed himself and Aire lives?

I tried saving Roc but was more concerned with Aire getting her way as a demon god :smiley:

The first war already happens in chapter 3 and is between a nomadic tribe without gods and your own people. It’s really your tribes first proper interaction with another culture. Chapter 4 will have the spread of God’s and cultures as time passes and then the conflicts will spread to being between you and their gods as well as between the people

Same here. He died without me knowing and aire survived after they said she died.

Ah okay, so I’m not crazy then. Yeah Roc just up and died a lot.

R.I.P
ROC

(time unknown) - (time unknown)

You will be missed.

2 Likes

I’ll take a look at the code when I’m next on my comp. No one should be dying without reason so either I’ve coded it wrong or my writing is poor. Either way I’ll try to fix it

When he died on me he just melted from the inside out after seeming to improve.

I honestly have no idea i would stop him from puting his hand in the fire and the the next chapter he had sacrificed himself apparently and when aire was bit by the snake she lives it makes no since to me at all

Sounds like some awful coding on my part. I’ll sort it out ASAP and post an updated version. Please keep pointing out things like this, it’s the only way I can catch the hundreds of different paths that are building up.

I’m currently working my way through the last half of chapter 3 but it’s pretty complex and taking a lot longer than I hoped. If anyone is good at grammar and doesn’t mind having the story spoilt and seeing a version even messier than this I could do with a few beta testers to run through different paths later this week.

1 Like

Hit me up if you need peoples. I dont mind giving a hand when I can.

Given the number of wip’s that have hidden themselves away in private beta and come out no better off for it recently I don’t think that’s a good idea.

It’s not a hidden beta. It’s just I’d rather not bring out weekly updates of incomplete work but at the same time it’s too much for me to trial every path of the game to check for continuity, grammar and general sense making.

So what I’ve been doing is having a select few check a couple of paths to give me a few pointers on issues and errors that I’ve missed.

Problem is it spoils things for readers a little as this version REALLY messy and has incomplete sections that are just irritating if your reading for the story

1 Like

You already know im gona be here till its finished and ill give all the help i can any way i can but i would still say that a beta open to the public is the best instead of a private one

Sorry for the double post but i you are the author and were just here to help i still try to help no matter what way you decide to go with

What your currently reading… that’s basically the open beta. The closed one is about 10 pages further of the story that’s not had basics like grammar checking and basic proof reading occur.

Please don’t think of this version your reading as a complete version. It’s far from it. This whole forum topic is so that people can point out all the horrible continuity mistakes, parts that don’t make sense, awful dialog that could be improved or even just parts that don’t work.

I’d rather the updates in this forum didn’t feel incomplete each time though so I try to complete a section so that the story flows and ends at a reasonably satisfying point each time for you.

1 Like

Ahh. Okay thank you for clearing that up makes more since that way. Well any way the game ends at the decision over the monument to you but i was wondering if that later in chap 3 we can effect that to any degree at all our if that is out of our hands

The monument happens regardless of your choices but what the monument is and what happens to the town following that is up to you. You’ll see when I complete the part I’m working on now. The chapter should leave a lot of people heading down one of a few different paths and will also detail your creation story (of which there are 50 so I will need a lot of people telling me if it matches their choices or not).

Jeez, I don’t post for a few hours and things blow up… Um… Let me catch up with this…

@cyanide I wasn’t calling you racist. Not to any greater degree than anyone else who wouldn’t normally be called racist. I was just saying that the level of racist you are is the same as most people. A subconscious thing that comes naturally from growing up in a different culture from people who didn’t grow up in your culture. Racism is made entirely too big of a deal of these days, while at the same time not actually being nearly as important to people as they claim it is. It was kind of a tangent, but that’s why I didn’t spend much time on it.

The issue with the age of the religion is that the older religions get the less sense they tend to make. The lessons taught become obsolete, but because of the nature of religion they continue to be taught. At the same time they get corrupted in the retelling as people reinterpret them to suit their personal ends. Look at modern Christianity and the endless self contradictions. Most Christians simply ignore large portions of the BIble because it doesn’t align with their secular morality.