The Followers (Revived!) - Help testing chapter 3 (Updated 20/10/16)

Dude I want to become an historian I will not go around spreading unbased sh*t aight? I spoke specificly about the algonquians becsause THEY did it. Opposite to the iroquoi a bit south who had settlements and agriculture but fought for lands and moved around each ten years to deal with overused land. Iroquoi fought each others for cultivable land and had a matriarchal society an if I remember well they had more of an ancestor worship than nature worship.

Algonquians were semi-nomad who lived off the land and tried to give better gifts than th other tribes to give a feeling of duty and obligations toward each others. They had fixed locations where they went depending on the seasons making them semi-nomad with a patriarcal system.

And to the north inuits were true nomads with a patriarcal system.

I say facts not prejudices. My history schoolbooks had to be aproved by the freaking council of elders. Do not call me racist because I stated a fact. Its not a social prejudice its just a central factor in the religion of most tribes, I never said everyone of them followed this belief. During the colonisations many native americans converted to christianism included nature worship to be in both religions, mostly metis people.

4 Likes

It actualy make me think that if you’re interested I can show you the Sachem system if you wanna learn some early politic. Its a rudimentary democratic system used by the iroquoi to make sure the whole tribe agreed.

Everyone’s a little bit racist. Being racist is perfectly natural. It’s a fear of the unknown, and a fear of the unknown can be very helpful. The problem is when it becomes this big thing people build their culture and identity around.

Keep in mind that the cultures you’re talking about are a lot older than the culture in the game seems to be.

Speaking of racists. Can I make my followers more prejudice against outsiders? I’m asking because I’m a terrible person and I want my people to cut a bloody mark into history Aztec style.

2 Likes

Are you serious. This have nothing to do with what we’re talking about. I’m not scared of the native american culture? And the age of the religion have nothing to do with what we’re talking about? You say its racist to say native americans consider nature as something central to their religion and now this? Are you trolling me?

@shoelip i agree with cyanide your going off on a tangent the does not have any real impact on what he was saying historical facts that have been proven by experts that study them. By the way historical fact may be argued over as being racist because it can make one group look bad but that does not mean that it is facts are facts they are the proof we have of what happened in the past

1 Like

Guys this is getting very off track from the WIP

Indeed. So I actualy asked a question but got no answer so I’m gonna give it another try. How far will we go in time? Will we reach modern time at some points or is the timeline confined to the early eras.

I think the comments at racism were based on people in general steriotyping religious groups to a single facet, not specifically calling anyone here racist. Anyway let’s move on…

@cyanide
I’ve been thinking about the time line for a while. Originally the game was going to span to the modern era however I don’t think that will work with people who want their religions to be aggressive and dominating as they would resist the changes caused by scientific progress.

Because of this the game will probably reach something similar to the start of an industrial revolution and then branch depending on if you embrace scientific discovery or fight it to maintain your old ways.

2 Likes

Alright lads, lets tone it down a little. Everyone’s got a different perspective on this, no one person will have the same thought on the subject.
Don’t hate me.

Dont worry man nobody hate you for trying to make this place civil. Honestly I’m just confused. What he say now just dont have anything to do with what were talking about and he call facts racist for some reasons. At this point I would rather drop it anyway dont worry.

Cool cool, dw.
Honesty though I’ve not gotten the Ancestor Spirit path…yet.

Thats the one I alway get when trying to get shadow or void. Try fear and human.

@maxmansung just throwing out another idea here but i think the game would impove a little in chap 2 if you can have the choice to make the pc a little dogmatic and possesive in his opinion that to him only his humans matter to him or that he hates all humans because he needs them to be strong (and speaking from personal knowledge you can really loath something when you realise how much control it has over you). And just so you know your choices over how to deal with the people out side the tribe comes off a little skewed. What i mean is that there would not be that great of human diversity in such a local area these people would be hunter gatherers before you get them to settle in a town which they realy cant support because they would have no knowledge of horiculture or animal husbandry you may need to have the pc introduce that tothe people of the tribe which we need to name. Thats all i have to give for now

I take it Aire survived for you? [spoiler] if Roc survives it talks about him creating agraculture for the town [spoiler]

Are there any specific choices that you feel don’t work or need expanding on? I’d be more than happy to work on them.

Unfortunately it’s difficult to have characters that continue when your playing an immortal being so I either have to speed up the time line or kill people off. For this chapter I’ve combined much human progress into a small period of time (10-20 years) and also allowed some longevity in the characters.

Next chapter should span a longer period though due to a character change. Sorry anyone whose hoping to stay with the ones we have now

Actually I’m not sure if this has been addressed or not. But Roc died no matter what. Even if Aire was bitten by the snake and Roc was no where in the scene, he’s died. I was convinced that he was meant to die. Like I gave him the stone, and we figured out a poison could be made… THEN BAM! DEAD.

R.I.P Roc. (“When I see you again” starts playing.)

There should be scenarios where Roc survives. People have had him survive right?

No not in the least i thought i put a post about that earlier. I played all 4 ways made sure he survived or she died but no roc not in any of them

I have had him survive.

@maxmansung sorry for the double post but i had something else to add when you finnaly get in a conflict with another tribe and their god the battle that can possibly happen should should have at least a head on conflict and a subtle battle betwwen the gods over the hearts of the people like before the battle commences the shadows the watches dream maker could try to take controle of the leaders of the opposite side for subtle and the nature spirits wrath of the beast could call down lightning on the amassed troops to make them fear him more then their god who could not protect them. Then afterwords i would recommend the. 4 choices of a. aborbing the gods powers killing him or turning him into a forgotten god or outright killing him and killing his followers b. Taking some of his power and puting him beneath your authority and taking whats left of his followers as your own c. Put him under your power kill whats left of his people d. Forgive him and his people.
I think thos first war is going to be one of the most important points in the game so this conflict should be unavoidable no matter if your peaceful or aggressive so your enemy must feel threatened by the pc and orders an attack his tribe.