A Specter Over Kilerth [1 Chapter, 10k Words]

It’s very likely, though I haven’t planned anything like that concretely yet.

MINOR UPDATE:

Normally, I like to release chapters in their entirety, but I’ve decided to extend the teaser by a bit to showcase the atmosphere I’m going for. This brings the demo’s word count to 4k, though I don’t plan on releasing non-full-chapter updates after this.

That said, I hope you enjoy! Feedback, comments, typo spotting, and bug spotting are much appreciated as always.

9 Likes

Oh geez, I thought I was gonna be sick when Envy pulled out her own tooth. Just reminds you how terrifying the world was before modern dentistry.

4 Likes

was it really just a cioncidence, or was there something unnatural behind it?

Also ew that just decreased my relationship with envy by tens. Can you add choices to address that barbarian and make mean snarky remarks about her?

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll fix that.

If I didn’t make it clear enough in the story, she didn’t actually do that; it was a hallucination brought on by Blihja.

5 Likes

Ah okay gotta be more attentive sorry :persevere:

3 Likes

What kind of magic did you choose to have?

• Incorporeal: kinesis, teleportation, and disorientating sonic frequencies
  • Corporeal: ice touch, invulnerability, and transparency
  • Illusion: clairvoyance, illusions, and mind-reading

0 voters

Illusion magic all the way!

2 Likes

I’ve been making tons of progress on The Enchanter’s Misery, everyone. I wrote 6.5k in the last three days, which is more than I’ve done since…well, January. :stuck_out_tongue: But I plan on releasing the full Chapter 1 in the next week or so.

MAJOR UPDATE:

Chapter 1 is now complete, everyone! This updated added 11k to the demo, bringing the total word count to 15k. Several new characters have been introduced, and more plot arcs begin to bud.

As always, feedback/comments/typo spotting/bug spotting are much appreciated. I hope you enjoy.

18 Likes

There’s a weird sentence about the guards.

1 Like

1 Like

${Name}

1 Like

Who are your favorite characters?

• Blihja
  • Oztiax
  • Skarro
  • Envy
  • Zendi
  • Elder Kendela
  • Captain Durj
  • Weden
  • Cazius
  • Krow

0 voters

3 Likes

Is “Type of Enchanter” in the stat screen supposed to be corporeal/incorporeal/illusion, or something else?

Also, we haven’t actually met all those characters yet, have we? Did I miss stuff?

Yeah the stats screen just has “?” Next to enchanter type

I guess we’ll see the characters in the next update?

I’m kind of curious and wondering why this game in particular is in the young adult fiction tag, cause as far as I know it’s supposed to be a horror type right?
I love it so far though!! The bits where envy and skarro did those weird things freaked me out and only later did I realise that those were more hallucinations so EXCELLENT JOB!! :+1::+1:

3 Likes

@The_Lady_Luck
Yeah, I’ll add that on the stats screen in a bit.

Yes, some of them will be introduced later on.

@emzan
True, but I don’t think it will be anything that teens can’t read.

Thanks. It’s supposed to be a bit trippy and confusing there so I’m glad that worked out.

3 Likes

Having the characters ages in the relationship bar in the stats screen seems a little jarring to me

Do you think it might be better to have a small character sheet as an option in stats? It could have a small description for each one… I’m just thinking the stats might flow a bit better and seem more streamlined

4 Likes

That makes sense! I could add that in.

1 Like

He smiles at you, looking relieved. “Well, I’m glad at lost most of you are sensible”

least

Envy gives him an apologetic before heading inside, and you and Skarro follow her in.

apologetic smile (?)

OMG the scenes when Bli makes us see Skarro furiously scribbling the stone and Durj hitting Oztiax really made me jump a little and choke that’s some really frickin fine writing!

Will we be able to kill Durj? Like you know slowly painfully the way Zaleth likes? He’s really ticking my MC off with that temper :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

3 Likes

Thanks, I’ll fix those.

Thanks so much! That’s good to hear. Hopefully I can keep that sort of stuff up throughout the story.

I don’t have anything planned in specific yet, but it could be a very real possibility much later in the story. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes