A Specter Over Kilerth [1 Chapter, 10k Words]

Of course. She is the superior being after all.

2 Likes

Actually, Iā€™m playing in a chess tournament this month and Iā€™ve won prize money there all three years Iā€™ve went. So if I win prize money this time, Iā€™ll probably go ahead and see if Anthea will make the cover art then.

13 Likes

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Yaasss! Blihja, here I come!!!:heart_eyes:

3 Likes

A nice little teaser to tide you guys over for a few daysā€¦hereā€™s Blihjaā€™s reaction if you reject her friendship.

For a second, Blihja doesnā€™t react. Then, predictably, she flies into a terrible rage. She flies above your head, her eyes flashing with a sort of raw barbarity that you have never seen before, even from her. ā€œYou ungrateful, pretentious fucking cunt!ā€ she screams at the top of her lungs, showering you with ice cold spittle.

She begins to float around you in circles, raking her sharp fingernails against the wall as she goes. ā€œYou want to see a pet? What about that puny fucking ghost trapped in a cage in your basement! Thatā€™s how I treat my pets!ā€

Her words are filled with such hatred and contempt that you can only cower away in terror, but even as your adrenaline spikes, you think you sense another emotion buried deep beneath her diatribe. Pain. Or perhaps embarassment. The specter raises a hand to strike you, but then suddenly stops short.

A crushing, tense silence befalls the room for several seconds, only broken by her labored breath. Then, at last, she lowers her hand and gives you a vicious, sanguine smile that is perhaps even more threatening than her outrage. ā€œSo sorry,ā€ she whispers. ā€œIā€™ll just be going then. Since Iā€™m notā€¦welcome.ā€

24 Likes

Oh yeah and I forgot to mention that Iā€™m holding Chapter Four ransom until we get the thread to 300 likes because Iā€™m a greedy bastard. :innocent:

6 Likes

Blihja

7 Likes

I wonā€™t give you a smooch if you do.

2 Likes

This thread has 1.6k likes already

10 Likes

Nice save m8

4 Likes

Agh! Didnā€™t see that coming.

6 Likes

Great safe! :grin: I was gonna start calculating how much time it might take :cold_sweat:

2 Likes

When you realize that itā€™s the one year anniversary of starting The Enchanterā€™s Misery:

GQp8XLk

8 Likes

Donā€™t let Envy and Blihja get together because this is the type of shit theyā€™d do. :skull::joy:

7 Likes

Will there be an option to call them both out? Wedenā€™s my favorite, but he is (kindly) haunting MCā€™s house, too. I could see a MC who takes their ghost catching job and magical abilities seriously not being very pleased they have to live with a ghost and a specter instead of being able to kick them out.

2 Likes

For sure. You can reject Blihja and then give Weden a mouthful when he praises you for it. You can also use his haunting you against him when he gets mad at you for accepting Blihjaā€™s friendship.

4 Likes

Oh look, 300

1 Like

Noiceee. As popular as MMM was and has been, TEM is turning up to be even more so. Iā€™ll post the next chapter as soon as I finish it. That could be as early as tomorrow.

15 Likes

Nice!!! Iā€™ll be in school for a couple of bs hours and then arriving home ƗBOOMƗ update!!!

2 Likes

Now that Iā€™m writing Misery again, I keep thinking up of new character arcs, plot twists, and plot points. Iā€™m super excited. Iā€™ve expanded the targeted word count from 250k to 300k, and the total chapter count from 11 to 13.

18 Likes