The Enchanter's Misery [4/13 Chapters, 65k words]

young-adult-fiction
nonbinary-inclusive
high-fantasy
gender-choice

You mean in the air?

That would be Weden. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Weden’s going to be my boo in my first playthrough.

(Cause it’s boo like boyfriend, and boo like… :ghost::face_with_hand_over_mouth:)

God, it’s so fucking rare to be swept away completely by a WIP in a mere chapter, and you accomplished exactly that. Not only is the world you have placed us in incredibly interesting and complex, but also the characters are distinct, funny, and real. I also love the use of an unreliable narrator–I don’t think I have seen a CoG do it as successfully as this. I fell in love with your writing.

Really though, I am so pleased you are back!

Wow, thanks so much!! I know I’ve neglected this WIP, but I’m excited to get back to working on it in the next couple months after I’ve published A Wretched Heart and Mass Mother Murderer.

Glad to be back. :ok_hand:

Dayum, Oz is now in the lead on the favorite characters poll. :scream:

Lol nice :sob::sob::joy::joy::joy:

Bruh

So, fans of TEM are in luck. Some of you may have noticed that I’ve been bouncing back and forth between half a dozen WIPs, which obviously isn’t the most practical way of going about things.

That’s the kind of writer I am, but I also realize that it’s a really unsustainable method in the long run. So, I’ve decided that as soon as I publish A Wretched Heart and Mass Mother Murderer (this should take a couple months), then I will finally start working almost exclusively on TEM.

This has got to be the second most enjoyable story for me to write, and I also have the entire outline finished. Due to my impending layoff at my job, I might have more time on my hands than usual, too…

All that said, you guys can expect me to start writing this WIP at a breakneck speed starting in late Spring. From there, my goal is to finish it and submit it to HG in about 4 months.

So look forward to the most ROs I’ve ever written, a brutal murder mystery, and more twists than anything else in my catalogue.

That sounds amazing for us, but please do not forget to take care of yourself.

Oh man, I am so ready face it all. Bring it on! (ง•̀_•́)ง

This is the type of shit Blihja would do. :skull::joy:

Can I cuddle with ghost bae though?

Funny you say that. I’ve been slowly working on Chapter 4 for the first time in like 9 months. I’m writing a scene where the MC and Blihja drink a potion that’s basically like acid. :dizzy_face:

So you all believe me:

OH BOY! I just realized non-alcoholic drugs aren’t suitable for elementary school kids, so off to the adult section we go.

Sure it can be suitable for kids, just include the message of “don’t do drugs, it’s bad for you”. Jk

Adult section?
Son I think that’s at least 8 months in the gulags, followed by immediate execution.
Also a kick to the jaw.

I hope we get to kill the Captain at some point.

god right

Did you miss the part where you included explicit sexual content in the game? :thinking:

There’s no explicit sexual content in the game. And before you talk about Blihja taking off her shirt, that is way below what is considered mature, even here.

I remembered this game having some fairly lewd scenes. So wait, Acid like the drug Acid, not the solvent?

So far it just has sexual references, a snooping scene, and one instance of Blihja taking her shirt off. But that’s all still less explicit than the stuff I had in TMB.

Yeah, acid the drug.