A Specter Over Kilerth [1 Chapter, 10k Words]

Oh, haha :rofl:

I gotcha. And yeah, Durj actually will be hiring later on in the story. :wink:

Hey, everyone, you can now save your gameā€™s progress!

5 Likes

just playyed it and so far im loving it!i also love that you can romance bilihal

2 Likes

@Samuel_H_Young

Not sure if youā€™ll remember me from commenting so much on your last stories, but I was a beta tester last year before I left this site altogether. (@Kristina_NRE) I was wondering if I could do so again?

1 Like

I remember! All of my betas are public, so feel free to test whichever ones you want. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Alright! Iā€™ll be sure to help whatever I can. :blush:

2 Likes

Sooo, after a lot of deliberation, Iā€™ve decided that The Enchanterā€™s Misery will actually be split up into a trilogy instead of being one massive 750k word book. I know Iā€™ve flip-flopped over this, but Iā€™m pretty certain about this decision this time.

I have a couple reasons for this:

• All three parts if the story are deeply connected and pretty similar, but they also vary enough in plot and tone that having them mashed together in one book could feel a bit strange.
  • Although Iā€™m much more comfortable with writing longer stories after The Magicianā€™s Burden, Iā€™m just not sure if I could successfully write a full 750k word story without getting burnt out. If I split this up into 250k word installments, it should help me stay fresh and motivated.

All that said, I think 250k is a satisfying length, and Iā€™m also sure you all wonā€™t mind seeing this story finished this millennium. :wink:

22 Likes

Well, I personally love huge length stories, but you know better. :sweat_smile: I will read it in any case.

3 Likes

In a few months we expect you to change your mind again. :laughing:

Hey, however we get to experience your amazing story-telling, I will not complain.

4 Likes

Lol, literally. I did the same thing with The Magicianā€™s Burden :joy::sob:

Thanks!

3 Likes

Just played the demo and loved it! Looking forward to the full game (ļ¾‰ā—•ćƒ®ā—•)ļ¾‰*:ļ½„ļ¾Ÿāœ§

2 Likes

Thanks for all the praise, everyone. Stroking my ego is great, but feedback and error spotting are appreciated too. :wink:

7 Likes

good to see you again.

1 Like

fastest like iā€™ve ever gotten.

1 Like

Iā€™m so tired that when writing Mass Mother Murderer, I kept putting Envy instead of Cherihl. :thinking:

Btw, sorry for sort of stuffing this in a box and not looking at it for months as soon as I saw the newer and shinier MMM. :sweat_smile: I promise this will be my only priority after I submit MMM.

7 Likes

So many interesting characters like envy and bhlinj and Zendi was cute but sheā€™s a sub ;p. So was that dialogue from the bandit about laying down and take it only for female characters?

1 Like

Thanks.

No, itā€™s for everyone. Gender really only effects pronouns and sex scenes in my stories.

4 Likes

Ahh well thatā€™s pretty progressive of him though I imagine heā€™d want a male to lay on their belly.

He was threatening to kill the MC, but I guess itā€™s vague enough that you could interpret it in other ways.

1 Like

Ahh I just assumed he was trying to get a piece. Otherwise itā€™s kinda unreasonable to expect someone to just allow themselves to be killed. Being mugged or assaulted you might not fight back for but if the choices are die or possibly not die itā€™s just unreasonable to expect the former. How many people accepted his offer I wonder?

Bandit: lemme kill you
Random person: okey dokey.

Heā€™s giving them an ultimatum: a quick, painless death if they donā€™t fight back, or a slow, painful one if they do fight back. Obviously no one would just let themselves die, but thatā€™s Caziusā€™ way of mocking and intimidating the MC.