Hello, everyone! I’m Samuel Harrison Young, the author of The Magician’s Burden, and the WIPS, Mass Mother Murder, The Twisted Village, and Winter of the Bovine. I’ve started on a new story called The Enchanter’s Misery, and this marks my first attempt at a horror novel. There are also equal parts romance/fantasy/mystery, with a bit of comedy mixed in.
TEM is an epic dark fantasy tale and the first installment in a trilogy.
You are an enchanter living in a small, impoverished village that is constantly overcast, chilly, and drizzling. Along with your team of gravediggers, it is your job to lay the dead to rest and uncover and deal with any ghosts that may still be locked inside.
You are plagued with insomnia and haunted by an evil specter, but you’ll soon find out that you have many more demons of your own, and even darker secrets lie hidden within your little village.
What there will be when the story is complete:
- 300k words total
- play as male, female, or nonbinary
- romance males, females, both, or no one at all
- 6 romance interests: 3 male, 3 female (Blihja, Zendi, Weden, Oztiax, Envy, and Skarro)
- dozens of stats detailing your knowledge, skills, attributes, and relationships
- 3 kinds of magic to choose from: corporeal, incorporeal, or illusion
- interact with many compelling characters including a specter, a whacker, a scrivener, a half-goblin, a ghost, a servant, an Elder, and a fellow enchanter.
Demo Word Count
Chapter One: 15k
Chapter Two: 10k
Chapter Three: 29k
Chapter Four: 11k
Chapter Five: ?
Chapter Six: ?
Chapter Seven: ?
Chapter Eight: ?
Chapter Nine: ?
Chapter Ten: ?
Chapter Eleven: ?
Chapter Twelve: ?
Chapter Thirteen: ?
Total length: 65k words
Play-through length: 30k
What kind of magic did you choose to have?
Who are your favorite characters?
Did you reject Blihja’s friendship in Chapter 4?
Q: Why the actual fuck do you have so many WIPs?
A: Because I’m a mad genius or something. Probably or something.
If you enjoyed this demo, please consider giving it a “like” so that others will try it out, too.