A Specter Over Kilerth [1 Chapter, 10k Words]

Wow this was a great WIP. I can’t wait to see this story be completed.

1 Like

Thanks. At an estimated 250k, it will be my longest work thus far (though its two sequels and the three sequels to The Magician’s Burden will likely be slightly longer), and I’m also working on another WIP every other chapter, so it could take a while. I am writing about 1k per day, though, so I should be able to finish it before 2019.

9 Likes

I love this WIP! And have replayed it for several times already. It’s really interesting and contains romance which makes it even more appealing. Wish you good luck with this and other works you have!:wink:

4 Likes

So, I’m super salty about getting like 5th place in the competition, and I’ve also been a bit depressed after reading some particularly colorful reviews on the markets. However, these things have motivated me to push myself harder than I ever have before.

In anticipation of the next CoG contest (it hasn’t been announced but I’m predicting there will be one) and because I simply want to create a powerhouse of a story, I’ve decided to lump The Enchanter’s Misery into one gigantic book instead of splitting it into a trilogy.

According to my outline, this could put it at a minimum of 750k long, which is over 3x the length of my longest story, The Magician’s Burden (230k.) This could take years, even at the relatively quick and steady pace that I write at. However, I think it will be worth it.

I’ve been doing lots of brainstorming for Misery and I’m really excited about the direction it’s going in.

Also, a little update: Chapter 3 looks like it will end up being up to 30k, but I should be posting it within a few days. :slight_smile:

27 Likes

Hope you find all the motivation you can muster. Mayhaps in the next contest you’ll win first place! :smiley:

1 Like

That’s the plan. :smiling_imp: I did well in this one, and supposing that Misery is an even better story and almost 4x as long, I think I’d have good chances of placing. But we’ll have to see!

4 Likes

@Samuel_H_Young
Have you read the wip missing wings? It has your name in it in one scene on the realm of death is it a coincidence?

2 Likes

I haven’t read it so I’ll have to go look later.

2 Likes

I was a bit skeptical about this, but after seeing the teaser for your other game I had to try it. Very very interesting! Looking forward to more news about this WIP.

1 Like

@Isabella_Taylor
Thanks. I should be posting chapter 3, which will more than double the demo’s size, in a few days. :slight_smile:

11 Likes

I just finished playing the demo and I just became “WHAT? GIVE ME MORE, I WANT OZTIAX, THIS LITTLE GUY NEED SOME HAPPINESS! AND I NEED TO KILL THE GUARD CAPTAIN”

Really. I like it A LOT and became trully invested. I can’t wait for the finished game! <3

6 Likes

Haha, thanks, @Gabrielle_Erudessa! I’m glad you’re enjoying the story and characters. I think everyone wants to kill Durj at this point. :stuck_out_tongue:

MAJOR UPDATE:

Chapter 3 is now on the demo! It amounted to 29k, which means that the demo is now at 54k, more than double its previous size. The playthrough length is now at 27k, and lots of stuff happens in this chapter. As always, feedback/comments/typo spotting/bug spotting are much appreciated. I hope you enjoy!

14 Likes

Oh wow another update… WoW 29k words awesome!

*opens game

Chapter One of Thirty

O.o

7 Likes

Yep :slight_smile: I’ve decided to lump the trilogy into one big book, so that means 750k words and 30 chapters.

11 Likes

Well, I was going to get things done today…

3 Likes

@Isabella_Taylor
So was I…

1 Like

There little conversation is interrupted, though, when the whacker approaches them
Their

1 Like

When you go to release the ghost, it says you lost a bit of mana but you don’t actually lose mana. Is this intentional?

1 Like

Heyo there, sorry to be a pain; I think I stumbled upon a bug. On the necklace part of Chapter 3 there is the option to use stealth if you have 8 points in it, as I’m sure you’re aware…because you are the creater and such. I had exactly 8 but the option was still greyed out.

The next stealth option after that (that also requires 8 points) works as it should though :slight_smile:

Immensely enjoying the game by the way, well, all of your games to be specific. But yeah. The characters are all unique and the story is super interesting, good job as always!

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll fix those.

@Isabella_Taylor
Yeah, there will be a few times in the story where you use magic but I don’t take away mana because I didn’t give you a choice of whether or not to do it. :slight_smile:

@RovePaw
Thanks so much! Glad you like my stories. :slight_smile: I’ll fix those errors tonight.

2 Likes