The Eagle's Heir Help

Is that right? Well, too bad. It wouldn’t sit well with me if I don’t save Franz :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: thanks for replying!!

1 Like

It’s still pending…

That seems odd, I’ve managed it with just a 77% relationship with Alexandre. I’m not sure what triggers the successful ending, but here’s a few things that I did:

Unmarked spoilers ahead, naturally.
  • I took pretty much every chance I got to fawn over Alexandre: chose that his security is my priority, that I wish he were attracted to me because I like him, that it would hurt to watch him court someone else, let him make the decision of what to do during the air race…

• During the first air race, I saved Franz with my shooting/fencing skills.

• At the dinner party, used high science/mechanics skill to impress Wellington and Conroy (talk about Alexandre’s racing feats).

• I refused to arrange a meeting between Alexandre and Victoria and never brought up the possibility of an engagement with Eugenie.

• During the second air race, I chose to comfort Alexandre (hand on shoulder, “It’ll all work out”), and I escaped the pirates and went on to win (flee, then sail under the storm, again high mechanics skill needed).

• Told grandmother that I’d like to be with Alexandre, but it cannot be. (Now that I think about it, I told Eugenie too, during the air race, after praising Alexandre’s skills as a captain). Then chose the “I couldn’t stand to see him with a wife” option.

• Something that I think may clue you as to whether you’re on the right track is that while pondering the future, there’ll be an option that will say something like “Maybe there is a way that Alexandre and I can be together”? No actual idea though.

• When confronting Napoleon, I asked him not to risk Alexandre’s life any further. Then when Alexandre asks why, I admitted my feelings for him. And went on to choose “I’m not sure I believe him” afterwards. Had the other love scene later on, when you ask him to stay the night (after playing cards).

• Sabotaged the elephant, spied on Amalia and got the bomb from her henchmen.

• During the ball, I urge Napoleon to legitimize Alexandre. He does so, Franz is furious but I beat him in a duel (I didn’t actually kill him though). Since Alexandre is giving up the throne in favor of Franz, I would assume that it’s rather important that he remains alive at this point.

• Finally I could ask Alexandre to run away with me and he agreed.

There’s probably a ton more ways to achieve this ending, but the above is what worked for me.

2 Likes

anyone have any tips on empty chairs at empty tables? I’ve tried all 4 responses to the guard at the hôtel de ville (and had the same stats each time) but alas, still no luck. In all 4 of these games Alexandre had been killed by the clock bomb, so maybe this has something to do with it? this achievement has been bothering me for months lol

I thought I did what @Myrtle said but when I asked Alexandre to run away, he said he couldn’t. Am I missing something? I wasn’t quite sure which option to save Franz used shooting or fencing, I did the harpoon option but still failed. I also never got the option to impress Wellington and Conroy with Alexandre’s feats or seemingly tell Eugenie that I had interest in Alexandre, although I’m not sure how much these matter in terms of the relationship with Alexandre. I also had a 77% relationship with Alexandre at the end, but he still said he had to stay. Any help would be mightily appreciated! Thank you!

I will try and do a full walkthrough this time:

Walkthrough (Elope with Alexandre, in 92 easy steps!)
  1. You’re right. I hate the opera. It’s a good thing I like you.
  2. I pull my mantle more closely around me and smooth my skirts.
  3. I’ve got to get Alexandre out of here. That’s my first responsibility as his bodyguard.
  4. I use passersby to shield Alexandre from the assassin.
  5. It’s probably the Austrians.
  6. A wine-soaked young gentleman. He looks unlikely to pose a threat to Alexandre.
  7. I ask him if there might be any weapons in the establishment.
  8. I send my rescuer with a message to my grandmother. She can handle this neatly and quietly. On the other hand, if she decides I’ve screwed up, she’ll make me wish I’d never been born.
  9. I wish we could both have more normal lives.
  10. “I think it will cheer him up to play with a little girl his age,” she said. I hadn’t yet asked myself whether I wanted to be seen as a girl.
  11. …Marie-Ange?"
  12. “I’m from Warsaw. My mother was working in an inn when she met my father, who was a sous-lieutenant in the Grand Army. He died in Russia, and I grew up on the streets of Warsaw.”
  13. I thought maybe it hurt his feelings, too.
  14. Science, mathematics, and mechanics.
  15. The arts, dance, and music.
  16. I was an outstanding fencer.
  17. Things requiring great dexterity, like sneaking across a rooftop.
  18. “I’d rather have people see me as a girl.”
  19. “I know I’m a girl.”
  20. I tried to remember what I had learned about Austria.
  21. My grandmother thought the Emperor was a good man. That was enough for me.
  22. We’ll fight him here.
  23. I wish he felt the same attraction for me that I do for him.
  24. Alexandre’s been preparing. I’ve been keeping his spirits up by being a charming companion.
  25. I’ll pay a visit to the Revenant , the other French entry.
  26. Eugenie is a useful acquaintance to cultivate, so I’ll at least greet her.
  27. “Alexandre’s a good captain, and I’m proud to fly with him.”
  28. “I ask Eugenie what she’s heard about the other competitors.”
  29. “I ought to tell Alexandre all of this. Excuse me, Mademoiselle.”
  30. “My devotion to him can never be returned because of our stations, but I can protect him,” I say.
  31. I’d like to take a look at the Gryphon.
  32. I speak to her and compliment the airship.
  33. “Oh? I should very much like to meet him.”
  34. “An admirer.”
  35. “Thank you, Fraulein. I appreciate it.”
  36. I head back to join Alexandre.
  37. I hope Alexandre isn’t developing an interest in Eugenie. It would hurt to watch him court someone else.
  38. “You’re the captain.”
  39. I fire the Bonaventure 's harpoon at the Gryphon to close the gap between the ships.
  40. “I didn’t think you’d want me to let your brother die.”
  41. I go downstairs to the library to find pen and paper so I can slip Victoria a note.
  42. I investigate the book.
  43. “Yes, I know the marshal. He and Madame St. Elme have been acquainted since before I was born.”
  44. “I expect you’ve formed some impression of what we can expect from Victoria’s reign.”
  45. I try to impress Wellington with Alexandre’s feats of racing skill.
  46. “We’re fortunate that you’re here. Monsieur Walewski looks forward to making your acquaintance.”
  47. I try to persuade him that Alexandre has been invited because of his racing triumphs.
  48. I slip out of the drawing room to write a note to give to Victoria.
  49. I talk to Constance.
  50. “I’m unused to moving in this sort of society.”
  51. “What do you think of the Duchess of Kent and Lord Conroy?”
  52. I take the opportunity to find out whether Victoria would welcome Alexandre’s suit.
  53. I’ve decided trying to arrange this meeting is a bad idea.
  54. “You’re far too kind!” I exclaim. “Captain Walewski deserves all the credit.”
  55. “It’s important to be popular, because it means the people are on your side,” I reply.
  56. “It will all work out,” I say. I put my hand on his shoulder comfortingly.
  57. “We should hold course and save our final burst of speed until we have the finish in sight.”
  58. We should flee.
  59. I hold course. I’d rather deal with the storm than the pirates.
  60. We should fly lower. It’ll take the trickiest flying, but if we can drop below the storm, we’ll be able to correct course.
  61. “No. I wish that I were, but he intends to marry someone else.”
  62. “I don’t think I could stand sharing Alexandre with a wife.”
  63. “Sire, it was more of an accident than an escapade,” I say calmly. “We did the best we could.”
  64. Maybe there’s some way I can be with Alexandre without his having to marry someone else.
  65. I’ve considered the possibilities long enough.
  66. “Sire, Alexandre’s life remains in danger as long as the Austrians fear that you will legitimize him. I urge you not to risk his life any further.”
  67. The moment of truth has come. “Can’t you see that I cannot bear it if anything happens to you?” I say.
  68. I’m not sure I believe him.
  69. “I need to find out what they’re up to, in case they pose a threat to you.”
  70. Talk to the ballet mistress (sorry, couldn’t get down the exact wording here :stuck_out_tongue:)
  71. I stop the nearest stagehand and ask for Dominique.
  72. “I’m here to repair the mechanical elephant.” That won’t get me into the meeting, but it’s a good excuse to eavesdrop [Oddly enough, the MC here recognises Julien, in spite of not having met him at the air race].
  73. “I’m not sure they have much sense of strategy,” I say.
  74. “A quick dinner,” I say. “It’s been a tiring evening.”
  75. I’ll sabotage the mechanical elephant so that it’s useless for their purposes.
  76. “Don’t go,” I say. “We should…talk. Upstairs.”
  77. “This is outrageous,” I say. “It’s an insult to Alexandre for the Emperor to invite Franz.”
  78. I investigate the Austrians.
  79. I flirt with one of the guards to persuade him to talk.
  80. I know enough to make me suspicious. I’m willing to take more risks to find out what Amalia is planning.
  81. This calls for a marvel of science. I’ve brought a mechanical eavesdropping device with me.
  82. I try to find Amalia’s henchmen and persuade them to assist me.
  83. “Give me the bomb, and forget you ever heard of Fraulein Weiss. Or me.”
  84. Who has summoned Franz using an imperial footman? What is Franz up to? I’ll follow him.
  85. I could talk the footman into letting me through.
  86. I join Marshal Ney and the Duke of Wellington. It may be my last opportunity to talk to Wellington tonight.
  87. “But I thought you should know: That gentleman over there under the portrait of Marshal Berthier—he’s a radical agitator who is not here by invitation.”
  88. I dance with Alexandre.
  89. “Sire, Alexandre and I both hope that you will pronounce him your legitimate heir tonight.”
  90. Alexandre may be constrained by blood ties, but I am not. “If the will of his sovereign prevents Prince Alexandre from challenging you,” I say, “I will gladly meet you on the field of honor.”
  91. Diplomacy suggests it’s a bad idea to cause any major injury. I’ll put on a good show but hold back from hitting Franz.
  92. “If you let them make you emperor, you’ll never be free. I want to share an ordinary life with you—not the Emperor of France.”

Mind you, I’m still sure that a lot (most?) of these choices don’t matter at all when it comes to getting that ending, but this is how I’ve managed it. My guess it’s that apart from relationship with Alexandre, it might have something to do with the stats you can influence about him (idealism, loyalty, honor) and possibly with any international support you have garnered for his cause (perhaps failing to impress Wellington and Conroy makes a difference here?)

2 Likes

SPOILERS!!!

I completely lost in my campaign. Unable to convince Napoleon to turn to a republic. With the evil brother of Alex completely succeeding in winning the throne. So I convinced Alex to escape and flee with me to (new Orleans I believe?) To escape we convinced Eugenie that with the evil bro in power (Gustav is his name i think?) That women would lose all rights and that she should flee with us. Together we took her dirigible or whateva that flying ships called and out flew the other (austrian?) Airships as they began their encroachment of the country. The game ended bittersweet with the PC, Alex, and Eugenie (or whateva her name is?) Living in the new colonies of new orleans, owning a coffee shop or something? Anyway, Alex reads a newspaper detailing the loss of women’s rights and all kinds of evil deeds by his brother and laments not being able to stay and save more. Then the PC (if I’m remembering correctly) asks Alex if he regretted fleeing with you instead of staying and fighting. He smiles or something and says he doesn’t regret being able to spend a quiet life with the PC in safety, just that they can’t help but think of those suffering by the hands of his brother. Then he stares out the window of the shop the 2 of you own or frequent or something, and then it ends with the PC reminiscing how bittersweet everything was, the coffee, how things ended, the new life. But then the PC smiles and semi-laments how selfish they must be for being so happy to just be here, in safety, in love, but at the cost of France and all their happiness and etc. I wept with how truly blessed but bittersweet the ending was. You won, but everyone else lost.

3 Likes

Recently replayed through it and got a better ending.

The 2nd time around I convinced Franz (I know his name now) and Alex to make up. Alex would step aside on the condition that Austria wouldn’t rule. Turns out Franz isn’t evil, hates his Austrian half of his family, and is in love with (amadia?) the bodyguard girl of his. He also comments saying “I’d like to see my grandfather stop me from ruling when we have heavily armed borders.”
Lol

Anyway,
Happy to have got that out of the way, they embrace as brothers, Franz makes Alex his personal advisor, and you live the rest of your life happily with Alex in the palace. He’s free and lives the relatively safe life as an advisor, he doesn’t have to marry anyone he doesn’t love, and Franz deals with the hugest of the issues.
All in all it was a very happy ending for everyone. Because without Franz grandfather forcing his hand the French people are free from austrian rule. Alex is happy and free to continue his love for racing. Franz gets to live somewhat more freely than he ever has. Eugenie doesn’t have to worry about the loss of France. The only ones who had a bad time in that ending was (predominantly from my poor choices) the rebels. They died after taking over (hotel something) and refused to leave peacefully despite my best efforts. But yeah all in all, a good ending. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

How do you kill Franz? And end up with Amalia?

Hello everyone, I have something to ask;

1. How can I get ménage à trois achievement? Since I play as woman there’s no option lead to that scene while I talk with Eugenie in grand ball (she always leave me after I tell about her marriage with Alex)

2. How can I get backstabber is such an ugly word achievement?

I always managed to convince him to leave with me. What I think is important (apart from showing your romantic interest everytime you can) is, don’t let him become too set on saving the fate of France. Don’t remember the exact options but everytime he asks what you think he should do / would be the best, don’t try to convince him that he should take the throne.
Speaking in stats, both mine and Alexandre’s idealism and honour were pretty low while loyalty was high.
Overall, it must always be you & him before France & the people.

1 Like

Ad 1. you have to already have an established romance with her (and Alexandre). You need to start courting her when you first meet her at the race.

Ad 2. Oh and as for the backstabber, I’m not sure but I guess:

When you fail to prevent the bomb, you find yourself in the carriage with the bomb starting. If I remember well, you have the option to duck away (or to pull Alexandre in front of you to cover yourself), simply, make sure he’s the one that gets it. That should be the achievement I think.

I have mine at 50% what I did is vicky marries alex plus subtle diplomacy and i‘am not sure of this but being progressive helps

Anyone knows how to get the achievement of “A little fall of rain”? I’ve tried a few things and is one of the fees I have left to do

I think you needed to die saving Alexander’s life for that one. So basically, choose to do nothing about the bomb (or fail to gain enough information about the plot in the first place?), then fail to disarm it — don’t remember what the options were at this point exactly, perhaps you get the choice to throw yourself at the bomb right away — and finally push Alexandre away when he tries to put himself in the explosion’s path.

How does one kill Franz?

If Napoleon announces Alexandre as his heir (and Alexandre and Franz haven’t reconciled), Franz will refuse to accept the decision and you’ll get the option to challenge him to a duel. You can kill him then (though it may depend on your swordfighting skill).

I think if you arrange a meeting between Alexandre and Franz at the ball, there’s a chance that they will duel and you can intervene and kill either one — but I might be misremembering since I played that route forever ago (also don’t know what stats / decisions it was dependent on).

1 Like

If the romances were the French Tricolor flag:

Girls:
Eugeine - Egalite
Amalia - Fraternite (she represents Franz and pre-1798 old order)
Constance - Liberte (Victoria just wanna be free)

Boys:
Alexander - Fraternite
Cassius - Egalite (a republican revolutionary, almost pre-Marxist)
Julien - Liberte (free press)

1 Like

How do you romance eugenie

You can start flirting with her in Ch2.

1 Like