The Drifter (Western WIP)

Also I need some ideas for RO so far I have 4
Men:
Clint Cassidy: rugged outlaw
John Favor: either cow hand or Texas Ranger
Miguel Garcia: Former Mexican soldier turned gambler after a year as a partisan

Women:
Brittany Hanes: Kind and beautiful saloon girl that is Tiff’s twin
Tiffany or Tiff Hanes: The rugged more caliced twin to Brittany that thanks to an “agreement” with the saloon owner keeps her sister from performing a certain aspect of her job most of the time
Scarlett O’Hare: Single mother and widow

5 Likes

How about a female Doc Holliday? That could be fun.

1 Like

Men:
Native American fellow (scout, perhaps? Not uncommon)
Mexican gentleman (gambler?)

…and something similar for the other gender…

Women:
Native American gal (local hunter?)
Mexican lady (perhaps teacher?)

Need a bit of diversity, and this is just what popped into my head. :grin: One of the gals could also be the ‘female Doc Holliday’ that @Prof_Chaos suggested. :relaxed:

5 Likes

I’m thinking something similar to Val Kilmer’s portrail in Tombstone.

I thought I’d add this

I’ve never seen it translated. This makes the scene so much better.

2 Likes

Added some more characters to the previous post thanks for the ideas!

2 Likes

Hey guys sorry for taking so long but I’ve added a larger NPC list to the intro post and I’ve also come up with a contest. I’ve laid out some Easter eggs and anyone who can name more than 3 will be the first to sample the WIP ( After I start coding of course)

4 Likes

Isn’t it too late for Easter? But okay :smiley:

2 Likes

I feel like Clint Cassidy is something? I dunno, but the name sounds kinda familiar.

1 Like

Wait.

Summary

well, i know who to romance now

1 Like

Yes it is I combined Clint Eastwood with Butch Cassidy

3 Likes

This guy right?

ef12d9a1a1094e0aad905626fff00888--michael-j-fox-marty-mcfly

1 Like

Lol sadly not but I will give hints if asked

Is everyone ok with the options for horses and weapons I have?

1 Like

Winchester 1886 45-70 govt

Colt Peacemaker 45 cal

1851 Colt Navy .36 cal (Wild Bill, Doc Holliday)

Sharps Buffalo rifle 45-70 govt (sniper)

some even had scopes

Modified 44-40 Winchester rifle (The Rifleman)

1878 Hartford Coach Gun (double barrel)

Dynamite (for… um, “fun”)

b6e77f665889e4f2df8680972f3d2ad7--the-stick-nobel

Browning Mountain Rifle 50 cal black powder (sells for up to $500,000 that’s pretty insane)

Derringer (for the card players right?)

STA74058_bearbeitet-1

4 Likes

Thanks for the ideas! Most will work besides the 86 Winchester and the Peace Maker and cudos to u for correctly guessing the Rifle man influence in the character of Hondo McCain (it’s half the reference lol) sad thing is u won’t be able to us “that” rifle tho. And the Derringer will be available for all female MCs and gambler MCs

The 1886 was my favorite weapon in Fallout New Vegas. The Medicine Stick, such a good weapon. It’s a shame we can’t use it.

Also I can’t belive I forgot this one

The Mare’s Leg, Steve McQueen’s rifle from Wanted: Dead or Alive. Which oddly enough is another modified 44-40 Winchester.

What kind of backgrounds can the MC have besides gambler? Something like a bounty hunter, or federal marshal, prospector, trapper/hunter/mountain man, outlaw, former Union/Confederate soldier, time traveler from 1985?

For horses you can’t forget the morgan/quarter horse. Like Gene Autry’s horse Champion.

I could probably make an entire new list for horses

I’ll take a stab at a potential reference, the mule. I think this could be a reference to Gunsmoke. Festus rode a mule named Ruth.

17cc19a284b7c65d4c1da4888737309f

John Favor is a reference to Eric Flemming’s role from Rawhide, Gil Favor.

cbf254ef760a0bfd4eea89ad6280a67e

3 Likes

You had me at western. We get to pick a dog too? I’m liking the sound of it already. Do you have an idea for the plots yet?

2 Likes

That was my go to rifle in NV too. But the Mysterious Magnum is probably my all time favorite Fallout weapon, it’s such a cool gun. Especially the little sound effects it made each time you pulled it out. I definitely wouldn’t mind having a weapon like that in this story.

Moses + Andrew Johnson? :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m looking forward to an awesome western adventure! :horse_racing::cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Well ur on the dot with both of them lol. Sorry @AmericanShakespeare that is sadly not one but it is a great coincidence and thank you for the enthusiasm, as in careers every mc will have the opportunity to have a background in the civil war if they want, however u can choose at the beginning to be a gambler, gun slinger, bounty hunter, scout, or outlaw.

3 Likes