The Divine Thrones (WIP 09/22/2018), (narator change prologue)

It means In My Opinion with some exclamation mark :grin:

1 Like

Hi, I enjoyed your demo a lot! :smiley:

First of all, I’m really impressed by the style and design of it. Can I ask how you changed the font and buttons to look so unique? It blew me away and reminded me of a visual novel!

The most intriguing part to me was the creation story of the world. The six gods and what they created (and why) were actually really interesting and made more sense than a lot of creation myths you hear. I enjoyed reading it!

My only critique would be what others may have mentioned–that the physical description of Noah is lengthy and may be overloaded with too much detail. I found my attention wandering for a bit, particularly when it got to his clothes. I think it might be wise to have just physical details for now (face, body) and save smaller details such as his clothes for later, to sprinkle them throughout the story as you go along. Though there are also interesting hints about his origins as a nobleman/mercenary, so it’s up to you!

Keep going! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

when you edit the details at dashingdon beneath the description part, is select a style it says at default: classic CS style.

It is at least suposed to be one

I am currently editing it and looking what i can shorten, but let me tell ou this his origins is not far away from a nobleman, yet entirely somthing else

1 Like

Well, the wiki page for style and design can be found here Style.css

Edit: Oh, now i realize you changed the whole thing… i don’t know if its possible to do in CS.

4 Likes

There are some mistakes, like it says he continues in the page break even when Nora was female.
Or when you have Noah it has this line in his description (it should be for Nora instead):
You asked more than once whether she is a member of a noble family and she always answered: “I am not a member of a noble family and no noble blood runs through my veins, i am just a traveling mercenary”
Overall the game seems pretty interesting and the art style is nice too

i already changed that and will update it once i can open dashingdon

I kinda ment what’s the MGs role Prince, God, Demigod, Peasant, Farmer, Soldier, King, General, Viking, Merchant, Guild Leader, Time Traveler Angel, Prophet, Hunter , Animal Tamer, Circus Boy, Donught King worker, Anime Writer, etc.

1 Like

The child of the retired Great General of the imperial forces and thus trained to join the forces, though i planed to reveal this in chapter one

nice occupations by the way

Just wanting to ask:
You will definately meet the seven gods, but would you like to meet the six elemental gods early through a vision and forming a covenant with them, thus receiving a power from one of the two factions, or would you consider that too much?
Also would you like to get some more background info about the gods? (i will post it here and put it in the codex)

1 Like

prologue line 181: Non-existent variable ‘human’

I hit the wrong button, should work now

Alrighty with chapter 1 contains thus far:

1. a first mentioning of your father General Lanmark

2. Noahs/Noras Nickname, they earned as a mercenary

3. The villages name, and of the empire

4. more interactions with Noah/Nora

5. the first stat changes

6. and you can pick your weapon

1 Like

Some great updates there! Though it needs a proof-reading (came across few typo’s).

Also this…

And the relationship with Noah/Nora isn’t shown in the screen as though i didn’t meet them.

Back to feedback. I like the stat adjustment, pretty well done. Weapon choice is also nice. I don’t feel attached or interested towards my father, is that meant to be like that?

The description part is a lot better right now. It decreases the negative effect of the text wall. (Just a bit)

Also i would suggest eliminating the “not asking any questions” option when you have three options; two are asking a question and one is keep going. You have to ask both questions so you don’t need the last option there, keep track of the questions by setting a variable then when both is asked, move on. The reason i didn’t like having the last one is that i hate greyed out options when i want to especially choose them. It’s not a big deal though. Anyway, this game might be a nice one, please keep working on it :grin:

1 Like

The bugs should be fixed
I acccidentaly created the “temp variable neglect” in the wrong place
The relationshipbar was a mistke i could make a facpalm for (I need a fecpalm-emoji)… the variable wasn’t set true for nora

For the typos i will look for a proof reader when i am nearly done, cside is not perfect

Yes it actually is, the reason for that will be revealed later in the chapter, i am quite curious how have i managed to achieve that before i originaly intended?

glad you like it

1 Like

Todays upload contains:

1. The mockbattle completely scripted
  2. and a funny scene afterwards, it can only be seen if you chose to fight Noah/Nora

well thats it for today

2 Likes

Todays update is rather small

1. i completed the funny scene sfter the mockbattle
  2. and i continued the chapter a bit
3 Likes

todays update is cancelled, i found no time to write untill this evening

Found this WiP, and I have to say, it seems pretty promising. Both the main character and their instructor display a good deal of personality, and you managed to show their relationship quite well. I’m not sure what the plot exactly will be (the summary remains pretty vague), but as long as it’s with interesting characters, I’m in!

2 Likes

Nora is waifu material

3 Likes

She can be one {those 20 characters}

1 Like