The Day After Ever After: A Cinderella Story (WIP updated 9/10/21 with a new 7,000 word chapter, total words over 75k!)

Dang, I forgot to hit the box to make who voted visible. If anyone has feedback about it, please post it. All opinions are welcome but I especially want to know the stance of some of my more frequent testers here.

2 Likes

In chapter six Cinderella and the prince can go on a picnic where they experience the fun of ticks and mosquitoes. Just based on how numerous both are, it reads as though it’s summer.

1 Like

Hmmm. Good catch. Maybe I can throw a mention in there that it is late fall and these are the last of them for the season. Enough days pass after that to hopefully make a move to early winter fit.

2 Likes

Winter has a nice ring to it.

1 Like

Don’t usually play things that lack they/them pronouns for MC but checked this out anyways and urhghgh love it so far. Also?? Bill and Ted reference? Excellent!

1 Like

This is fantastic
I adore the fairy godmother character

1 Like

Thanks! I enjoy writing for Fiji. If this story does well and I do more in this vein (like the Little Mermaid one I had in mind as a second entry), Fiji will be the common thread linking them. The organization it serves will be that stand-in for all the various magical forces at play in pretty much any fairy tale.

@number1bloginheaven I am glad you have enjoyed it! I am a sucker for pop culture references in my stuff. Everything from Beastie Boys and Foo Fighters in Nuclear Powered Toaster to Commando and Archer in The Parenting Simulator. My favorite one in this so far is probably the Always Sunny reference but Bill and Ted was also fun. Tempted as I was to take it out after my wife and I rented the third movie. Woof, was that ever bad.

4 Likes