The Day After Ever After: A Cinderella Story (First draft entirely complete as of 7/10/22, latest update 8/7/22! Word count is 207,342 including commands. Releasing 11/3/22!)

Who are the ro‘s other than cinderella?

1 Like

For Cinderella, there’s the Prince, Ingmar the revolutionary, and a soldier named Savith.

For the Prince, there’s Cinderella, Lady Emmalyn Spire, and a mysterious thief named Ilya.

2 Likes

I prefer to be credited with a username versanius (it is the same lmao), oh and congratulations for finishing this Game.

(Edit) How do you even spend 30K ? I already take Long Honeymoon, Give 1K each donation, Military reforms (even double it down), Spend time with alicia and mess with other people, take the bear to menagerie, Fiji 10K transport fee, and festival, what do i miss ( do i need to give people an egg too ?)

1 Like

Congrats on finishing the game! Username is fine.

Here's two more things I caught

If you have a harder heart than you did at the start of your pursuit of power because of how you worked so hard to get the throne. before your time, you certainly aren’t feeling weighed down by it on that fateful day when you are crowned.
Should this be one sentence?

It doesn’t seem like Ingmar is mentioned in the epilogue if the prince dies.

1 Like

This story has officially been submitted as of today! It’ll stay up on Dashingdon for a bit, then come down closer to publication. I’ll update once I hear it is officially in the queue. For now, here’s an app icon and cover art(s) reveal!

25 Likes

The images look awesome, who is the artist behind them?

4 Likes

The remarkable @Isa , who also did the cover art for The Parenting Simulator.

4 Likes

Follow-up question: Are the romance options all hetero-locked?

1 Like

They are. Several reasons for it, ranging from a personal comfort level with writing any LGBT content (it certainly doesn’t bother me when others have it, but it’s not where I am) to the fact that I never liked gender-flipped romantic interests. The Prince and Cinderella are different characters and I want to reflect that in them having unique romantic offerings.

I’ll pay the price for it. Heck, I imagine I already have been. But writing romance at all is really, really new for me. I start trying to write out of my comfort zone and the subsequent awkwardness is liable to shine through in the finished product all too easily.

5 Likes

Is partaking in romance obligatory or just one path of several paths?

1 Like

Going it alone is both something you can choose, and something that can happen to you if you burn enough bridges.

2 Likes

Official release date on the docket! I’m hopeful that coming out near the Disenchanted movie will help since it covers a bit of the same territory.

14 Likes

Congratulations

1 Like

This and Eric Moser’s latest coming out the week of my birthday? Dang, I almost can’t wait to turn 40 now!

5 Likes

Much appreciated!

5 Likes

We get to be…Game Release Buddies?? Congrats on the quick turnaround!

Best Friends

8 Likes

I’ll be the John C. Reilly to your Will Ferrell anytime, mate.

And it helps when you don’t get a Steam release. Even if it also hurts. But I did it to myself. Discovery requires experimentation.

5 Likes

I’m late to this again lol. Congrats on finishing your game and thank you for including me:)

2 Likes

Thank you very much for your support!

5 Likes

Congratulations for finishing the game and can’t wait for the full version released :confetti_ball::confetti_ball::confetti_ball:

7 Likes