The Cryptkeepers of Hallowford — Sharpen your sword and save Hallowford!

So I’m gonna talk about one of my characters a bit.

He started off in Kendrickstone as an old knight’s squire that left service because he had dreams of being a powerful wizard (so decent Will but no knowledge of magic at all). Since my guy didn’t know any magic, he got hired not as Isan’s apprentice but instead his servant, with the promise that he would get to learn magic upon gaining Isan’s trust.

Isan, stubborn ass that he is, did not agree to teach magic for many months and my guy basically spent his time being a discount butler and part-time academic student. He ended up developing into a sage, with encyclopedic knowledge on several academic matters but absolutely useless at typical adventuring.

This character went into Hallowford with a few notable traits:

• He’s an expert scholar on both the Flowering Court and Korilandis, and bloody good at accounting to boot;
  • He’s somehow managed to become as famous as Kendrick Giant-Slayer himself;
  • He is sorely lacking in core attributes (above-average Will, average Prowess and lackluster at everything else)
  • He only has the very basics in peace magic and absolutely no knowledge of battle magic
  • He has an arming sword from his days as a squire, and nothing else

His time in Hallowford was not easy at all. He did shine as a scholar, but he barely survived the entire experience by being a coward realistic about his skills.

I don’t need wild success or glory (though my guy has always managed to come out of his adventures an absolute idol). This character is one of my most unique ones, and I’m proud of him.
If the next installment by @Cataphrak allows this character to simply survive, I will consider that game to be masterfully written indeed.

11 Likes