The crown - WIP UPDATED- 18th of March 2023

I started working on my new game The crown. In it, you play as a modern monarch. Your main goal is to make sure that your country stays a constitutional monarchy and you don’t lose power by any means necessary. You will be able to marry and produce an heir to make sure that your family stays in power. You will be able to manage your finances and reputation. Will you lose the throne or implement an absolute monarchy where the control of your country is in your hands? Will you marry for money, power, love? Or stay single? Will you rule from the shadows or will you risk your reputation and do as you wish? Can you rebuild the prestige and power that your family once had?

To play the demo, go here: https://dashingdon.com/go/3176

Currently, the demo is very short because I am learning and this is my first game please be patient.

Things to add
  • Romance and marriage options
  • Secret lovers
  • Ability to have children
  • Grant titles
  • Receive diplomats
  • Declare wars
  • Fire prime minister
  • Parliament laws
  • Royal scandals
  • Improve palace
  • Ability to manage money and properties.
  • Option to abdicate
  • Hire/fire servants
  • Manage household
  • Public appearances
Log
  • bugs fixed.
  • Can select a country name.
  • Added coronation event.
  • Added name, title and gender.
    17/05/2019
  • Started 1st chapter
  • bugs fixed
    18/05/2019
  • progress on chapter 1
  • some bugs fixed
    05/04/2021
  • finished prologue
  • added information about the country
  • created more stats
  • fixed a few grammar issues
  • fixed a few bugs
    06/04/2021
  • fixed a few bugs
  • added new option for how to travel durig the tour
  • started working on PM-Monarch interactions
    18/03/2023
  • added a menu-like system to deal with issues
  • added interaction with the leader of the opposition
276 Likes

You need to upload your files to https://dashingdon.com/ in order for others to play your game :slight_smile:

If you need help with the website, you can check out its forum topic here.

11 Likes

Nice concept mate looking forward to read the WIP.

5 Likes

can you use it now?

4 Likes

Yes!

3 Likes

I am currently planning an learning how to use the script. In the next update you will be able:
Chose a gender
Chose a name
Interact more
There will be more stats
More political activity
If I have extra time I will add romance options

3 Likes

Will you be adding some sort of prologue or a little background? Being thrown right into managing the kingdom from the get-go felt a little strange. I understand that it is the point of this story, but I feel like it would be great if we could get some backstory at least (not asking for an infodump, though).

Good luck on your WiP!

8 Likes

Okay thanks, I would try to add something

5 Likes

I don’t know.
I think that I will add the option to have lovers of different sexes but you will only be able to marry someone of the opposite sex so you can get a heir.

You will not be able to go to war, you can only declare war or peace and manage some of the things from your castle regardless of your gender.

6 Likes

Can i invent my own Royal guard that would be amazing.

5 Likes

What do you mean by invent my own royal guard?
You will be able to manage your staff if that is what you are asking.

5 Likes

No i mean have your own private guards a bit like having your own private army they are loyal only to you.

7 Likes

Yes you will but it will cost money to hire guards, servants and things like that. I think that I will replace the wealth percentage and add numbers so it is easy to keep track of your finances.

10 Likes

I think he means something like the kingsguard from game of thrones or something like that… I think

2 Likes

Will you be able to set the level of tax? Like high tax earns more money but decreases how much you are liked?

3 Likes

Yes numbers would be much better, but I think for personal royal guard there should be some customisation allowed, like how many. Or their armour and other such stuff. As well as their training, if they will be most loyal knights, young brainwashed recruits. Will there councilors or ministers available to MC? Like finance, defence, education and spying/foreign affairs ministers.

8 Likes

That is the job of parliament, but you can influence the parliament to increase the money you receive.

You will have a number of trusted advisors and family members but some of them might want to harm you.

You will have guards and the head guard will be your personal bodyguard.

4 Likes

Cool, sorry if this was answered but, is this going to be a fully realistic world, or will it have fantasy elements?

4 Likes

Can i have 10 bodyguards with me at all times.

6 Likes

It will be realistic but I might include some fantasy if it gets boring.

3 Likes