The Civil Evolution (Title and Game WIP)

Maybe you could install a genetic or robotic (if the race trandescend their physical body) killswitch if you’re high enough in biology or robotic in case your race end up being too problematic after the war.

I mean, it could bring the possibility of making a race whose absolute purpose is to eradicate the robots before getting extinct themselves once their job is done. If they turn out to be smarter than you they could find and neutralise this killswitch and lose all trust in the precursors (wich pretty much mean all of humanity)

Will we be able to create a government for our alien race

Indirectly yes.

The form of government at the start of each age is determined by its Personality. For example, a race with a high Chauvinism, and Gregariousness and a low Egoism means they tend toward a Caste or Hive like governments.

During the Earlier ages, you can influence the personality of the race by how you help them and how they resolve (with or without your help) the situations they are faced.

Later you can influence them to a lesser degree but after the Renaissance, they tend towards certain forms of govement.

Anyone interested in helping me come up with about 20 different races based on my above rules?

Rules post 36

my current plan calls for around
20 alien races that get assigned to the random companions.
120 first Names
60 last Names
20 Archetypes

I’m currently coding the generator that creates the random names, gender, and character race (since there is multiple when you include uplifts) but I would like to include at the same time a generator that includes Race assignments for later.

I do curiosity once we plant the seed for this new and improved humanity. Does it become like a strategy game and we have turn bass movements that represent set interval of time. And then those set interval turn to take Pocono head out checking on how they’re developing and either tweak them or leave them alone.

Basically no.

the Ages are resolved through random events (about 20ish per Age), that build or subtract Progress points. During these events, you can choose to intervene and things get complicated, or you can choose not to and leave it to chance and see how your choices in 5. The Selection pans out. If for whatever reason during the stone age your race doesn’t advance (not enough Progress points) it dies off and you can restart with a new race (Taking you back to chapter 5, but with less resources this time around). During later Ages if this happens you get the “dark” age as they go into the next age. the “dark” ages mean that they take twice to four times as long in that Age. say instead of taking 1000 years to go from Bronze to Iron, they take 3000 years. And if the Machines are on the way that’s 3000 years of time closer. If they ever have negative Progress then they die off. This could indicate something like a global war, or even plague in later ages. Also if this happens in the later ages (specifically the Ecology, Space and Interplanetary Ages) the Climate of the planet will likely shift.

So how many ages are in the game and depending on how the character interacts with them how does it affect them viewing the protagonist at later ages. So for example let’s say the protagonist deified themselves throughout the ages ones they reach Space faring and planetary how would that affect their beauty protagonist.

Much will depend on how they acted, what kind of personality the race has and when and how you made official contact with the Race’s government.

If you were a benevolent god and helped them achieve spaceflight protecting them and guiding them as necessary they will likely forgive you for not seeing god after all.

If you were a Dark brooding god that demanded the blood of your followers for you to get off your ass… well they still might forgive you if they have the right personality scores like a really really high Playfulness score.

If you prepared the way by opening contact before they could attack you like in the space age or earlier then. they will have time to get over it… or make plans behind your back.

Pretending to be a god into the Interplanetary age could lead to a god discovery event where they meet you officially for the first time… and your not expecting them…

with the Wrong stats thou you may find the whole world turned against you and (since the seed ships are by enlarge weaponless…) you unable to do anything to them.

I may not be to have it you know I’m the proprietor of your race. Please don’t kill me I’ve been gone you for the last 10 billion years.

How about a scorpion artic alien species.

Name: Scropio
Habitat: Land
Biome: Arctic
Trophic: Pouncing Carnivore
Mobility: Primary Walking, Secondary Digging
Size: Human-Scale 1.7m Horizontal
Symmetry: Bilateral
Number of Limbs: 4, (4xSymmetry=8) 3 Legs, 1 Manipulator + one Weapon Tail (Poison, Factor X)
Skeleton: External
Skin covering type: Exoskeleton
Lungs: Lungs
Temperature Regulation: Controlled War-blooded (has to be so it can survive in the Arctic
Growth Pattern: Molting
Reproduction: Two Sexes,
Gestation: Egg-laying
Reproductive Strategy: Moderate R, Will defend the nest but only until the eggs have hatched
Senses: Primary sense is the sense they use to hunt with, while secondary sense is used primarily for communication
Vision: 4 (color blind)
Hearing: 6*, Primary sense, can hear subsonic.
Touch: 6**, Secondary sense, tremor sense
Taste/smell: 1, no sense of smell
Lifespan: Normal
Race Personality:
IQ: 7 (standard)
Mating Behavior: Temporary Bond.
Social Organization: Solitary

Chauvinism: 7
Concentration: 6
Egoism: 6
Empathy: 2
Gregariousness: 1
Imagination: 3
Suspicion: 3
Playfulness: 3

I guess I should put Humans up as a Baseline

Name: Human
Biome: Plains
Trophic: Omnivore
Mobility: Primary Walking
Size: Human-Scale 1.7m Horizontal
Number of Limbs: 2, (2xSymmetry=4) 1 Legs, 1 Manipulator
Skeleton: Internal
Skin covering type: Normal Skin
Lungs: Lungs
Temperature Regulation: War-blooded
Growth Pattern: Continuous Growth
Gestation: Live-bearing
Reproductive Strategy: Moderate K, will invest significant resources in the young
Senses: Primary sense is the sense they use to hunt with, while secondary sense is used primarily for communication
Vision: 5*, Primary Sense
Hearing: 3**, Secondary Sense
Touch: 4
Taste/smell: 3
Race Personality:
Social Organization: Small Groups

Chauvinism: 4
Concentration: 4
Egoism: 4
Empathy: 4
Gregariousness: 4
Imagination: 4
Suspicion: 4
Playfulness: 5

Will your alien species be able to create a empire and how will the human race be reborn if the sun is destroyed all life on earth need the sun to survive and wouldn’t earth be a giant asteroid

Yes, this happens in the Interstellar Age, and of all the ages it will most resemble a sort of text bases strategy game.

Indeed it would be, which is why you won’t be starting over there. The Sacrificing of Earth was to hopefully damage the Machine empire/navy so much that it would take thousands of years to rebuild. More of a way to slow them down if they do decide to chase after your ships if they can somehow detect them. After the Machines are defeated (if they are defeated) then you have the chance to find a new world to settle for humanity with the help of the race you raised up. Somewhat assuming they want to. If not the Seed ship could be used as a colony for many hundreds of years until a world could be found and settled.

Here’s another idea a jungle poison dart frog alien species

Mantis shrimp race with “playful” nature :slight_smile:

Can you alter the human DNA on your ship if you know a lot about ecology

Poison Dart Frogs

Name: Dendroophaga
Biome: Jungle
Trophic: Hijacking Carnivore (waits until insects are already trapped by other species)
Mobility: Primary Walking (jumping), Secondary Climbling
Size: Small 0.5 m Horizontal
Number of Limbs: 2, (2xSymmetry=4) 1 Legs, 1 Manipulator
Skeleton: Internal
Skin covering type: Normal Skin, (Factor X, Poison)
Lungs: Lungs and Gills (at different stages in their lift)
Temperature Regulation: Cold-blooded
Growth Pattern: Metamorphosis
Gestation: Egg laying
Reproductive Strategy: Moderate K, will invest significant resources in the young
Vision: 4, Color Blind
Hearing: 3**, Secondary Sense
Touch: 4
Taste/smell: 6* Primary Sense
Race Personality:
Social Organization: Solitary

Chauvinism: 4
Concentration: 4
Egoism: 6
Empathy: 4
Gregariousness: 2
Imagination: 4
Suspicion: 4
Playfulness: 5

You can!, it’s one of my Ideas I have planned out if your biology is high enough you can make your clone body however you want. With a High chemistry as well as biology you start being able to make modifications like adding completely alien traits… maybe even create a clone body of your race for you to visit them with.

On the topic of pretending to be a diety, will there be a middle ground? Instead of claiming or not claiming godhood, claim something of a angel/messanger/steward for greater power or purpous? While not a lie for angry later generations, it allows religion to build more naturally around you. Have their own faith from their ideals, and you still get the “because I said so” authority

I get a mass effect andromeda feel from this. 'Tis most enjoyable.