The Chaos State

@Nekumura don’t worry, I’ll be gentle in the easter egg :wink:

I cleared up some typos, errors and a NEW SCENE! (With your first choice with consequences. yay!) give it a try out! Updates will be a lot slower from now on as I am back to work tomorrow, but I’ll keep at it whenever I have spare time! Next update I hope to make two new scenes and fix any bugs.

Also for you Shadowrun fans, keep a keen eye in the Criminal’s Retreat scene, a little birdy told me there’s an easter egg for you Dragonfall fans :smirk:

I’m getting the feeling that this game’s going to be full of references.

Only this once will be a direct reference, anything else will be coincidental. As from now I’ll focus on the fully on the story and its original characters. (Will also be mentioning Harebrained Schemes in the credits for inspiration, but isn’t technically a reference.)

So if Troy’s in this is it gonna play out like this

You see someone walking towards you and you have a really strong urge to punch him in his stupid face for no reason “hey I’m Tro-” you couldn’t hold back and punched him. “Why’d you punch him?” Marie says “I don’t know, I really just didn’t like his face”

1 Like

Nothing as impulsive as that :sweat_smile:

Well one can only wish

mmmk. Nathan, I read your additions. Don’t like Keith’s and Marie’s interaction. Made my partner seem like a Troy/Stray combo, in all the bad ways.

I ended up paying him the 5 credits but I just felt like wtf… idk. the scene didn’t fit for me. sorry. :frowning:

It’s supposed to show how childish Marie can be at times, that’s her downfall. It’ll be the only scene like this.

The ‘new partner’ part is completely coincidental, Marie and Keith used to work together and left on bad terms and they have been sour apples about it since, that will be explained in the next scene if the MC presses the issue.

So you named a character Keith and made him an asshole?
Huh, didn’t see that coming.

1 Like

Keith is a red-faced drug abusing lil snivling punk too… Nathan really surprised us there… no saint Keith here. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@talkingtaco @zolataya pulling out all the stops here! I just don’t like the name Keith.

Sorry if Marie appeared bad here, but that’s what I hoped for. She’s professional on jobs, so you’ll enjoy that :smiley:

lol. she better be… as of right now, I’m thinking it would be best if Damion (my hell dog) would take a bite out of Marie so I can do the job solo. lol

Seriously tho… i really liked your intro to Marie, she reminds me of my sister so all is good. As I said before, I really like your story so far. well except the Keith scene. lol. Is this the scene I inspired you to write before? lol.

I’m glad you like her, she’s really got my soft spot. She was only supposed to be temporary but she’s too much fun to write.

Oh that’s coming up, it won’t be so dramatic and it’s only a single page :laughing:

Quick update. I have been making progress on an optional conversation with Marie. I had a brainwave today and boosted the progress 10% to 35%. I’m branching it out to three different paths, containing a different story for each. It’s a lot of fun to write and gives you a few subtle hints about her past. Hopefully this will give you guys the option to bond with her if you choose to.

Well, treads are even harder to read than threads.

1 Like

Goodness that was horrendous. I spent the whole weekend rewriting a scene and deleting it over and over again, I was not liking how it was going. I’ve not had the biggest inspiration lately. I’m going the write the next scene instead and come back to that one later, hopefully I make more progress.

2 Likes

Seemed semi-relevant to your post. It’s also a very powerful cover in it’s own right.

This is actually my favorite W.I.P ight now and I can’t wait till it’s finished it kinda reminds me of shadowrun which is good. I just love it; the setting, races, and characters so far I absolutely love it I’ll be stalking this page for the next update

Thanks you and I’m glad you enjoyed it! Updates are semi-slow since I’ve returned to work and write little snippets for an hour each day.

The game was inspired by Dragonfall campaign of Shadowrun, in my opinion had most interesting lore and it also contains one of my favourite shadowrun characters, Glory. (which I hope I can create an original character similar to her in the future :slightly_smiling:)

Anything you liked in particular? First impressions on Marie? What did your call your hellhound? :smirk: Anything in particular you want to see in the next update? all feedback and suggestions helps me improve and sometimes inspire me to write in new scenes.

1 Like

Hellhound had to be Fluffy.

2 Likes