The Celestial Maidens Updated 12/16/17

Thanks for the advice! I’ll get to work on those as soon as possible…
I guess maybe starting out with a 100 wasn’t such a good idea :sweat_smile:

And don’t feel bad! I may see fast now but I’m sure I’ll eventurally settle into a slower pace.
(P.s I checked out your game, Totem force and it was amazing! :heart_eyes:)

1 Like

Hey guys it doesn’t look like there’s going to be a update tonight but I’ll definitely have one by tomorrow afternoon!

… Also while the threads still young, do you guys think I should change the title to “The Celestial Maidens” or keep it the same?

5 Likes

Not that I hate it but I feel The Celestial Warriors or The Celestial Guardians is better. Also I noticed that is said the Sunlight brandished a bow and arrow while the Moonlight and Starlight have nothing and their descriptions are shorter as well.

1 Like

The Celestial Maidens sounds pretty good

Also I quite enjoyed what you have so far and can’t wait to see qhere it goes

The Celestial Maidens sounds better

Well, I’d say that Celestial Maidens is more evocative of the magical girl boy genre than The Sun, the Moon, and the Stars. :thinking:

I like the story! Can the PC be a Starlight though?
And also a little typo “I may be a guy but that doesn’t mean I can’t enjoy a good dress like that!”

I like Celestial Maidens personally, it’s a refreshing change :grin:

2 Likes

Hey everyone, new update!

Sorry it took so long but this scene was a lot more buggy then I thought and I didn’t have the time until now to fix it. Anyway I hope you enjoy it!

Update 6/28/17
what’s new?
-new scene!
-Introduces two RO’s!
-new picture!
-changed title

4 Likes

Changed the title to reflect the date of the latest update.

After the outfit page:
Uncaught Error: morningschool line 86: invalid character. (ChoiceScript text should be saved in the UTF-8 encoding.) #Doesn�
And then eternal loading.

• Male character, same result with both outfits.
1 Like

I reviewed the same error message as above.

Yeah. I have gotten this error too.

Looking at the code, I see the problem seems to be with this:

#Doesn’t really bother you. You thought of him as your closest friend so the description is pretty spot on.

That apostrophe is technically the wrong kind; it should just be the standard keyboard apostrophe (').

I did notice another problem, though: both school.txt and morningschool.txt seem to be identical. What happened to the scene with our father in the morning?

I got this message too with female PC

1 Like

I am really liking how I can be a douche bag in this game I love it lol

@The_Lady_Luck, @blob, @ParrotWatcher, @TakiriGem, @Terriermon50,
Thanks for the report! I fixed the errors and the link should be good to go!

@Eiwynn, Thank you! That’s sweet of you. :smile:

@Arcane_warrior, Haha thanks! I think in every game you should have the option to be a jerk. :rofl:

4 Likes

Found this error while playing the female MC

Google Photos

In the stat screen, you have player_name:, where Name: would make far more sense; to do this, you would write:

*stat_chart
  text player_name Name

(I’d also suggest deleting the “This is a stats screen!” too.)

IMG_4556.PNG isn’t showing up.

You unfolded it and yet again it’s another photo of mom

Should be “unfold”.

“Now did outta here before you see your old man start to cry!”

“Get”?

As you reach the gates you see a dark figure lurking by the gates and thanks to your now period state of mind, you start to panic a little bit. Upon closer inspection, you see hat is not a hideous monster with murder in its eyes…

I’m not sure what “period” should be; “constant” maybe? “Hat” should be “that” (or better yet, “that it”), though.

Well, he might not any friends but you certainly did!

Should be “he might not have had any friends…”

Your heart almost skipped a beat as you looked at his smiling face. He has such a beautiful smile. p

:flushed: Uh, I mean, it should be “skips” and “look”, plus there’s a stray “p” at the end there. (Also: :blush:)

• Oh, she’s cute!
  • She looks pretty interesting.
  • She ran into the door? What an idiot…

Would it be possible to get a choice to not be interested in April, but not in a cruel way?

Hey, are you new or something? cause I don’t think I’ve seen you around before."

Should have a capital “C”. Also, since I picked “popular” earlier, I’m sure we should have known one another especially if she’s only missed a week. Would it work if she was just transferred over from another class?

You try not blush as she bats her eyes at you and leans in closer.

Not interested. :unamused:

You can feel your cheeks flame up as you think about her offer.

Still not interested. :roll_eyes:

And, game crashed with the following error:

school line 545: Invalid indent? Expected an #option here, not *fake_choice

Well, it gets more interesting! What lies in store next for our intrepid magical boy!? :grin:

1 Like

Wow you’re doing a better job then my own poof checker! And here I thought I handled all of those pesty typos before updating. Oh well, guess that’s what I get for late night writing :sweat_smile:

Thanks for help! I fixed the error and cleaned up the typos.
…and now that I think about it, there should be an option to ignore April completely. I’ll work on that in the next update :smile:

4 Likes