The Case of Alys Hope [WIP]

You’ve no idea how much this made me grin, when I read this. I feel like I’m floating. And I’m super excited that it’s caught your interest!

I live for nightmares and love them. This story came from a nightmare, and putting it into writing is a challenge I’m going to enjoy.

I almost thought it wasn’t gonna be a nice post until you said you’re looking forward to the upcoming update. I need all the luck I can get, too. Good way to start a post too. Had me on the edge of me seat LMAO

5 Likes

Holy Devils!!! :smirk_cat::smiling_imp::neutral_face: I never thought that I’d find another weird one that actually loves the nightmares and I actually record my nightmares, been doing that since I was eight… Lol I literally have nightmare journals…
I have stories based on my nightmares too…
G’Luck with the story and the nightmares and I’m gonna keep a close eye on your work like I do with my nightmares…

2 Likes

Most might find that wording a tad creepy, but I love it. I’ve had chronic nightmares since I was a little girl. Nightmares provide such good grounds for a story. Adds an edge, I’d say.

1 Like

Same, I’m a nocturnal creature unfortunately and an insomniac but I love and look forward to those nightmares, they always are very interesting if you know what they are and how to understand them, most wouldn’t even remember them after waking up.

Sorry, couldn’t hold back the excitement… (Lol I sound like a kid).

Well said :ok_hand::+1::v:

1 Like

If I recall my dreams, it’s always the nightmares. I don’t sleep well myself, but Ibhave had a reoccurring nightmare for the last decade of a man-eating, purple stag that tries to drown me in a black lake. Still haven’t figured out how to incorporate that into a project, but I have ideas

1 Like

Oh Devils… That’s awesome, I sometimes think of something creepy and nightmarish a lot and I’d get somewhat similar but skin crawling creepy nightmare…

That’s… a weirdly specific nightmare though…

Really?!? Maybe ya can make that creepy stag an ancient powerful being/creature that needs something and a secluded cult praying it for centuries something like that… And sacrifices, hunting, creepy weird cult powers and all. MC with a group got caught or something like that…

It is, without a doubt, very specific. It’s also been one I’ve had since I was a kid.

And the idea of having a cult around it has me jotting mental, maniacal notes in the Forbidden Folder stored in the back of my brain. You may have ignited something that’s gonna burn like a water-defying inferno.

I’ve had so many nightmares. Sometimes in the artic in half-destroyed buildings hanging off a cliff (terrified of heights, I am, and I’m not overly fond of overly cold weather – so that is, without doubt, something horrifying for me).

My sister had nightmares of clowns, tho. And people biting her feet…

And we all have an inner, giddy child with a demon’s smile.

1 Like

Yesterday I’ve had a weird nightmare…
I’m a humanoid water creature and got caught by humans and tortured and experimented in a lab…

And another one (already trying to make an IF) with a parent (mother actually,in this specific nightmare) is the most powerful human and a leader and the Queen of a dangerous and evil cult that’s been worshipping and ancient primordial evil and she suddenly ups and abandoned the cult cause she’s pregnant and the disappears after the birth and then terminal cancer, not much time left, the cult kidnaps for the the ritual to summon the entity they pray for, but it fails… Gets powers cause of the failed ritual And lol it goes on like that…

I’ve got loads of creepiest nightmares from when I was eight to til now in my nightmare journals… (Creepy enough one of my kids likes nightmares too).

1 Like

Oi @TheChaosArchivist I think all this nightmare talk might make people uncomfortable and it kinda is goin’ off-topic too…:roll_eyes::neutral_face::disappointed:

1 Like

Morning, everyone!

Another update is ready. About 4,000wrds in this part, and another 6,000wrds+ coming at a later date. Hope you all enjoy :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Closed at author’s request