The Brothers' War by Fionn Graham(Major Bug fixes 14Jan 2021)

Hey all! So we’ve just hit over 1000 downloads on playstore and have had another major bug fix to version 1.003, thanks to all who have supported it and helped me fix those last issues, I really appreciate it

20 Likes

I’m having a problem with the game in chapter 7 it says that my character spends the night with the healer and then the game sends me back to chapter 3

4 Likes

I’ll check that out right away

This looks awesome! One error I found just in the summary before even starting the game:

Summary
  • Play as male, female or transgender, gay, bisexual, straight, aromantic or asexual.[/n]
  • Explore a unique land rich in culture, religion and tradition.[/n]
  • Take part in military plannings, court cases and more.[/n]
  • Fight and negotiate with Bandit hoards, Peasant rebels, Viking settlers and more.[/n]
  • Discover the lighter -and darker- sides of your clan’s traditions and policies.[/n]
  • Select a variety of distinctive physical traits, as well as starting skills and abilities.[/n]
  • Conspire for or against the chieftain of the Boar Clan, your father.[/n]
  • Learn and improve your skills through teachers, instructors and elders.[/n]
  • Hire mercenaries and buy better combat equipment to gain the upper hand.[/n]

Those [/n] are at the end and actually show.

1 Like

Thanks! That’s weird, where did you see that? It doesn’t seem to be showing them for me on the hosted games app, but maybe it’s like that in another store?

1 Like

Hi, could you tell me the option you took that led to the healer? Thanks

I just looked up Choice of Games through the browser (not omnibus) and clicked on your game. Thats what came up :man_shrugging:
Not through any app, just plain old looking it up

1 Like

Love the game but it keeps saying he/him/son when I’m playing as a girl x

2 Likes

Sorry about that! Does that issue continue through the game do you know, or is it just early on? Thanks for the feedback!

@Fionn, did you add anything in it or is it what was in demo.

1 Like

The start is fairly similar, but there’s about 30,000 more words, achievements, more options and more stats added :slight_smile:

Seems too be random also having just played through I sided with my uncle and once I tampered with the weapons it looped me into playing as if I took the father’s side then put me back to spending the night with healer, hope this makes sense lol

2 Likes

Congratulations on your release! It looks like tons of fun!

2 Likes

Does this start happening in chapter 6 or at the end of the raid? Thanks

Thanks a mill!

1 Like

Congrats. There are a few errors when it comes to the used pronouns. But the plot is entertaining😊

1 Like

The healer looping issue has been fixed, I’ve sent it to Kai so might be a little while before the game is updated, thanks for your patience!

1 Like

@ Fionn Like someone else said, I found tons of pronoun mistakes when playing as female, and also male healer keeps randomly changing gender to female. At the beginning of chapter 3 and when MC changes clothes, male healer changes to female.

I choose the uncle and after chapter 6 Im “ported” a scene where I seem too have chosen the father and it restarts around chapter 3.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure he said he fixed that and is waiting for it to be updated.

1 Like