The Book of Alia - Lucifers Dog (WIP) a medieval tale of kings and queens / Demo link in OP

Btw @Kenneth_McGrew What about that loading page? I was not able to continue the story from there?

Yes thanks for that, I’ll have a look into it as my choices usually get me to the end.

So it could be a coding hang up I need to try and replicate

1 Like

Oh… Cool. I was enjoying my part of fooling the King’s troops and killing them… Seems, I have to wait for some more time period…

But I have to say this, I really enjoyed playing so far… I am loving the plot… I am just waiting for its release… I am excited like anything for this game :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Exactly! But tbh, I was just trying different choices which I wanted to take and see what plot I will face… Seems, I ended beheading Davie :joy: He was like “You will pay for th…” and my MC was “Cut the crap you shit! You have been pain in my back since my childhood” and then his sword finished him… I loved that part :joy:

3 Likes

Should be fixed now i believe :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes… I was able to pass that page and I was able to discover the next things which happened and the letter from my cousin was really a good thing to take interest in…

Would it be possible if you explain the powers of a Duke which the MC will enjoy? Will it be like the powers vested with the Duke in real world or will the MC will have few more powers vested on him?

P.S. I can understand if you won’t tell much details to not give away any spoilers and it’s totally understandable :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Also, I found a error I guess in the choice script… I have marked it with red marker to help you.

1 Like

When you meet Renley all will come clear.

thanks for spotting they will be fixed in the next update.

2 Likes

All my pleasure… Huh, I am becoming a beta tester :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

imo i prefer the dame and lady honorifics also saves are really useful if the game is long like in rebels

1 Like

Hey there. I just read the current demo and i wanted to say that’s it’s much better than the first release especially with the dialogues between the characters it flow much better now. Keep up the good work!!

P.S: My offer still stand and whenever you want just say so. I would be glad to help.

1 Like

To tell you the truth, I really like this kind of game. So please don’t take my words below as discouragement.

First, I would like you to make things clearer here.
Like the MC’s title for example, give him(i take it the mc is a man) a clear title please. If you insist on titling him by “Lord” then do makes it clear, like John Doe, Lord of Elmsfoot maybe? Or John Doe, Lord of (land name)?.
And there’s the matter of addressing your knights. It’s more realistic and feels better if you put “Sir/Dame” before their name instead of using Knight this and knight that.
The last thing is, i hope in the next chapters you will allow us more control to the battle, i mean giving us more choices of how we want to conduct the battle.

Edit;
One more thing, Wellington says " if you are addressing my name, at least put Mister before it", you see titles and stylings are very important for Nobles that’s why I’m very interested about this matter :grin::grin:.
Good story btw, although it could have been better and more creative than the story of how the hair of the king can decide whether he is the true heir to the throne or not. :grin::grin:

2 Likes

On some parts the MC allows certain people to address them by first name. It would be better if we were given the option to do that or not instead of forcing it on us. Doesn’t the future king (that cousin isn’t going to sit on any kind throne under my watch) deserve respect?

3 Likes

Update day! new scene added that’s the main news, hope you enjoy!

4 Likes

Up until now, i can’t feel the politics at all within the story. You might wanna consider it in the next update.

should be resolved now :crossed_fingers:

Why don’t you enable the save features of Dashingdon?

I think it would be better if i can save whenever i want to quit chrome then come back and continue where i left.

2 Likes

It would also help with testing.

Grammar Guy reporting in.

Now that there is an update, should I do the next sweep?

Hmm. I dont know if it was due to the last update but this showed to me when I tried to explain the evil councilor why I didn’t choose his littlefinger esque master of coin.

I also found this when the old man Edward fleed to join Renlie.

Ah I also noticed the stats page says “King_Lucyfer” rather than “King Lucyfer”. Can’t you solve it by using a string to store his name before putting it in the stats?

It looks like a lovely game btw!

1 Like