The Black Kingdom (WIP) ON HIATUS UNTIL I FINISH THE FIRST BOOK

Thanks. Just fixed it :slight_smile:

1 Like

At “Basic” level, you seem not to be able to edit your post, so I think the pencil goes away at that point. It seems like this must be a change in Discourse, because I was pretty sure Level 1 users could edit before.

At any rate, here is how you level up:

2 Likes

@Gower Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Whoops, I’m late getting back to this. But alright, here I am! I think an interesting title could be The Obsidian Kingdom, or The Night Court (although I could see people potentially finding this offensive. I personally don’t, as the nighttime is very beautiful, mysterious even, but to each their own. The Midnight Kingdom could have the same effect too). For something truly dramatic, there’s the Raven Kingdom, of course, it’s up to you and I’m not sure what sort of mood you want to aim for when it comes to titles. I assume something mysterious, or otherworldly, or anything similar. The Kingdom of Ebony/The Ebony Kingdom would work too! Hopefully any of these spark some ideas…!

1 Like

I think the current title works and should only be changed if necessary. I only spoke up to warn the author about what -could- happen but if no one takes offense to it then things can remain as they are. IMO.

And naming the game “The Night Court”, for those of us who are familiar with a wide range of fantasy tropes and folkore, would just imply the story deals with fae… which is not the case. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Here’s a worse name the “shadow kingdom” or the “Shadow lands”

Then we will keep the current title.

But i will keep in mind @Youssef2 and @PrismaticSpace is suggestions in case

1 Like

That’s true…! I was just throwing out everything that came to mind. I have yet to finish book three but I still love how “the Night Court” sounds every time. So mysterious and cool. Every other court is invalid.:joy:

2 Likes

This book is quite interesting. And the atmosphere is distinctly different from usually medieval fantasy books. Even if the demo is short there’s quite some replayability i think i have discovered all the path available at the moment bu i’m not sure :joy: Even if you allowed some liberty to the players, what happen behind every choice is totaly unpredictable.

1 Like

I hope their is a couple RO options but I like the concept nevertheless.

1 Like

Thank you. As for ROs, i’m still undecided but there’s chance that there will be ROs

1 Like

Hi guys. So i wanted to make an annoucement. I tought about the wold of shamanka all night yesterday. An idea came to mind. I’m gonna do a trilogy of three books all set in the same world of shamanka but at different times. Alas, the first book will be another one that i have begun to write and i will post a demo in the following days. So, i’m gonna put The black kingdom (wich will be the second book) on hiatus (That don’t mean i’m gonna abandon it. I’m gonna continue to write it as soon as i finish the first book.) until i finish the first book. This first book in the trilogy happen ten years before the black kingdom. Each book will be totally standalone (Each with it’s own PC) with some reference of the other books. I’m waiting for your feedbacks. If you have questions, feel free to ask them. Have a good day :blue_heart:

5 Likes

I lookforward to it! There aren’t many games centered around Africa so it is always nice when someone does something a little different. Its like taking a peek at cultures and beliefs we aren’t normally accostumed to! :smiley: Just make sure you don’t burn yourself, alright? 3 books is nothing to sneeze at!

Since these games will have a fair amount of fantastical elements, what exactly can we expect?
Wait, let me condense that a little further. Is the story, lore and setting centered exclusively around Africa or can we expect some elements from the Middle-East as well? I ask because I’m a sucker for mythology, especially Egyptian and Arabian.

Can we expect magic? Mythological creatures? Where are these stories situated in the historical timeline, if its even comparable to our own?

1 Like

The first book is centered exclusively around africa. But the second book will have a fallen civilisation that’s vaguely similar to the ancien Egypt.

Yes there will be mythological creatures but mostly from africa is legends.

Well, shamanka is a toyally imaginary world. But i have took some event that happened in the history of the real world to give a little bit of credibility to some things in the story.
What can i say else, the first book happen 190 years after the fall of the ancient egypt conquested by Alexandre the great. And the second ten years after the first as for the last, i don’t know y et XD Sorry.

Maybe, i don’t know i haven’t tought about magic y et.

1 Like