The Black Kingdom (WIP) ON HIATUS UNTIL I FINISH THE FIRST BOOK

Hi everyone. I have started working on a new project. Well this one had been in my head for quite some time. I have two projects at the moment. But i think this one will be my main cause i have fallen in love with the world, the characters and everything else.

Summary

Following a terrible battle in which your mercenary company was torn to pieces, you had to flee, bloody and powdery, with the bitter taste of defeat in your mouth. But a man chased you, an officer whose younger brother you killed in battle and who swore to hunt you down to the ends of the earth if necessary to satisfy his revenge. Pursued, you fled south, sinking further and further until you reached the last bastions of the civilized lands and the limit of the Black Kingdoms. Mysterious regions crushed by heat and sunshine where few travellers have ever set footā€¦ Hoping to have finally outdistanced your pursuers, you are far from suspecting what awaits you in this unknown worldā€¦

Further informations about the game
  1. This game take place in a fantasy world quite similar to the ancient african continent called Shamanka.

2. You can play the game as male or female. The story will not be greatly affected by this choice. Mostly who You can romance depending on his/her sexual orientation (If there will ever be romance cause i donā€™t really know if i will add ROs options.)

3. If i decide to add ROs options, you will be able to chose the ROā€™s gender. So you will be able to play as:
    Gay
    Straight
    Bisexual
    Asexual
    Wich one did i forget to add?

4. I will add new info as the story progress.

Updates

Update 1: As of now, thereā€™s only the begining.

Content warning

As of now, i donā€™t have any warning that come to head.

To play the demo click here.

62 Likes

Well, the demo doesnā€™t show a lot yet, but the plot hook is pretty good, and the atmosphere distinctly different from your usual fantasy game. So, all in all, a promising start.

4 Likes

Certainly it has potential. Just itā€™s too short tho. Looking forward to more of this.

2 Likes

The history take place in a fantasy world similar to the ancient african continent. Well, iā€™m of mixed origin, african and french. And i have not yet seen a history that take place in africa so i wondered Why not? :joy:

Thank you :smiling_face:

2 Likes

way too shortā€¦

and we need informations :stuck_out_tongue:

is it gender locked ? romancesā€¦? yada yada ? lol

It feelā€¦very cowboyish lolā€¦well the whole ā€˜ā€˜Dude chasing you under the desert of Africa-nevadaā€™ā€™ lol that remind me of old cowboys moviesā€¦:sweat_smile:

1 Like

Nope itā€™s not gender locked. You can play as male or female.

Uhmmā€¦What can i say? I donā€™t really know if there will be romance. Iā€™m still planning things. But rest assured thereā€™s a high percentage that there will have ROs options cause i love romancing :smile:

:joy: Now you mention it. I didnā€™t noticed

4 Likes

Sounds good Iā€™ll try it now

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile:

Looks promising. I like your prose - it is descriptive and tintillating - not many authors write like this and I find it a breath of fresh air. You may want to edit your main post to add some extra bits of information that are considered standard procedure around these parts. You may also want to update your tags accordingly. These help people find your game and see whether or not it suits them.

I know RedMark already asked this (and you already replied) but this is the sort of thing that should be added in your first post so you donā€™t get a bunch of people asking about it several times, or having to look through the thread to find it.
. - Will we be able to choose our gender?
. - Will it have any romance?
. - What kind of feedback are you looking for?
. - Will this story have any kind of content that warrants a pre-warning? (Things like abuse, violence, sexual content, etc.)

Another thing - and this is mostly just a little headsā€™ up for you - labeling the story ā€œThe Black Kingdomā€ and then setting the story in a place, region or continent that is very similar to Africa may come across as a tad offensive and racist to some people. The story is labeled the black kingdom because, as you describe it, it is the land of the black people. This may or may not cause some issues in the future due to the nature of our particular community. I hope everything goes well for you, though. Demo is short but Iā€™d like to see where it goes. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

When typing this, I almost wanted to suggest ideas for alternate titles for the titular kingdom, but I was afraid in doing so, someone might get offended. So, to avoid that, I wonā€™t do it. It was short but pleasant, Iā€™ll be keeping my eye on it for sure.

1 Like

Is this some fantasy world or is it based on are own history.

1 Like

If You are talking about me donā€™t worry, You can suggest titles :joy: And Thank You.

Thank You :smiling_face:

OK i will add these informations.

I see. Well i will see what i can do about the title. And iā€™m sorry if it sounded a bit racist. Iā€™m not racist iā€™m actually part african and part french. This title is the first that popped in my head since i imagined the story.

Itā€™s set in a fantasy world quite similar to the ancient african continent.

1 Like

What century is it based in is there gunpowder weapons.

1 Like

I would say the medieval times so there will not be gunpowder weapons.

Well there where gunpowder in medieval times in the High Middle Ages i believe it was hand-cannons.

1 Like

Well, i didnā€™t know about that XD.

But there will be no guns. The weapons will be mostly: Sword, bow & arrowā€¦etc.

ā€œMedieval timesā€ is a somewhat vague concept used to cover a thousand years of history. Technology is obviously not the same depending on whether itā€™s based on 700AD or 1300AD.

That being said, hand-cannons (as well as other gunpowder weapons such as bombards) appears very late into the Middle Ages, especially in Europe (China developed those a bit earlier).

5 Likes

Hi guys i just finished writing the new update. Itā€™s not long butā€¦Oh god! It took me 14hours to write it. Anyway i hope you will like the new contents. Enjoy!! :relaxed:

2 Likes

@moderators I donā€™t know whats happening guys but i canā€™t edit the main post. The little pencil is nowhere to be found. I tried everything i managed to think of but itā€™s nowhere. :expressionless:

Found this

choice

1 Like