The Bastard of Camelot Announcement on post 3193

Agree with everything you wrote :slight_smile:

1 Like

I agree with the Arthur tournament thing you said, I shouldā€™ve said what I want. And onto the Galahad, heā€™s butting in matters that donā€™t concern him. For instance, whoā€™s friends with who is none of his business, unless family. Also the whole thing with Arthur and us, none of his business. I slapped him. But thanks for taking time to reply to all the comments. That was a really cool thing for you to do.

1 Like

i mean, he is 12 years old at this point in the story, yeah? thatā€™s what kids do best :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7 Likes

I donā€™t know much about the Arthurian myths, but seeing how Lancelot is shamelessly sleeping with the wife of his ā€œbest friendā€, does Arthur ever find out this betrayal? If so, what was his reaction in the lore? (Also, if Arthur finds out about this betrayal stuff in the game, I just hope I get to shift pov to Arthur and beat the living shit outta that ā€œfriendā€).

Hi, I have found a little continuity error when telling Gareth about the encounter with Arthur but not tell Morgana: The first line talks about the figurine, but I didnā€™t take it.

You head for the library, feeling the weight of the figurine like a reminder of the encounter. Of course, you canā€™t tell Gareth you met your father, but even just telling that you met Arthur is enough. You just want to see what he has to say about his uncle.

5 Likes

Man this story taking a toll on my emotions. This is some heavy stuffā€¦ I donā€™t know if my MC can handle this anymore. I feel my MC should just leave Camelot and leave everything behind. Live a solitary life her dragon.

Thatā€™s what I would if I was in that sort of situation.

2 Likes

This. :laughing: Heā€™s a kid and kids will often stick their noses in places it doesnā€™t really belong. doesnā€™t help that Lancelot (he very much did choose to stick his nose where it didnā€™t belong when he learned that Arthur met with Mordred privately) has pretty much added Gally to that business by telling him the prophecy and actively teaching his son to hate Mordred.

And also this:

Gally is starting to get uncertain about what to feel about the matter.

Arthur will often discover the affair in some way in a good number of versions of the tale; how he discovers it often varies (one version is Morgana tells him about it when he visits her after she turns over a new leaf. Mordred will also discovers the affairs existence in some cases, but half the time no one believes him). Heā€¦often doesnā€™t take it well and in some cases, itā€™s discovering the affair that sort of leads to Camelotā€™s downfall (Arthur chasing after Lancelot when the guy tries to flee from his wrath ends up leaving it vulnerable to misfortune, like Mordred taking over).

Lance and Guen often donā€™t stay together once the affair gets revealed (again, reasons vary). But in this WIP, it has been stated Guen and Lance will still be together, even once their affair comes to light and they both get disgraced for it. Where they may go from there is anyoneā€™s guess, but I personally doubt that the duo will still be in Camelot after that happens.

Donā€™t know how BoC Arthur will react as a whole to the situation, but it has been stated that the marriage bond ends between him and Guen, leaving him a free man with a chance to find actual love the third time around. And I doubt Lance will still be able to keep his best friend status after that event (may not even have his Knight Champion title anymore).

It was mentioned that Mordred can try doing something like running off from the mess Arthurā€™s lands to who knows where (for who knows what reasons). But it was also mentioned that someone would be sent to find Mordred to bring them back (for who knows what reasons), so it may not last that long.

8 Likes

Well that sucks! So basically thereā€™s no point in leaving cause they will just send someone to find Mordred if Mordred does try to leave.

Merlin certainly seems to have gotten one thing right so far: whatever is waiting to explode under Camelotā€™s surface is inevitably gonna happen and Mordred is going to be one of the vital players of that future event (whether they want to be one or not), for better or for worse.

1 Like

Thatā€™s interesting but also messed up.

PS: Merlinā€™s a dick. I hate him.

1 Like

I think itā€™s cool that both us and Nimue have a parent whoā€™s a jerk but very good in magic.

An alternative perspective (one I donā€™t necessarily believe) is that Merlin is the one person in the story who genuinely cares more about the ordinary people of the kingdom than he does about the games the nobles are playing in it. Heā€™s spent forty years getting rid of warlords and would-be kings and finally has a reasonably sensible king on the throne, at peace, fairly prosperous, where people can live their lives without worrying about the neighbouring warlord dropping in one day and burning everything down or their own tyrant suddenly deciding to raise an army to do that to the neighbour and incidentally heā€™ll need one of your sons and treble taxes this year. A
And then he has a prophecy, which he canā€™t control, saying that young Mordred is going to ruin it (in his interpretation). What should he do to stop that prophecy coming true?

9 Likes

I can see one possible point to running away. Rebelgirl did hint on the blog that the one to send someone after Mordred is Morgana. That someone might be an individual who can alleviate some of Mordredā€™s stress, and unhappiness with a gentle, and considerate conversation about what is bothering Mordredā€“if Mordred is willing to let them. Itā€™s a theory thatā€™s been discussed, anyway. :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Sheā€™ll probably send someone like Accolon or the brother we have. I wished she sends Galahad, all Iā€™m asking for is one chance to fight him. With a chance to win.

Ok i see your point. But still the least merlin could have done was not jump to conclusion about the whole prophecy. Then he should have stated this to Arthur and have a reasonable conversion with him about it.

But at the end of the day in my opinion I still see merlin to be a dick. Iā€™m sorry :pray: but you canā€™t change my mind about it.

2 Likes

People have discussed the possibility of it being Agravain, which makes a lot of circumstantial sense if you consider what their relationship with Mordred, and Morgana should look like by that point in the storyā€¦ At least insofar as what Rebelgirlā€™s been willing to say with " :eyes: " attached to her replies. :smile:

4 Likes

Probably. I wonder when push comes to shove where does Accolonā€™s loyalties lie? I mean he was a father figure up until Arthur, but heā€™s Morganaā€™s lover.

1 Like

We already know heā€™s loyal to Morgana. He knows all about her plans, and fully supports her, apparently regardless of the cost.

7 Likes

Great, more drama for future updates

2 Likes

I have a question. I donā€™t know if this has been discussed before, but how does magic work in Camelot? We know that magesā€™ emotions have an impact on power. The angrier you are, the happierā€¦the more powerful you are. So does the opposite hold true? :thinking:

Does magic come at a price? Does it consume the energy of the sorcerer? What about distance when you want to propel your magic to a specific place, far away from you, is it tiring? And the durability? Morganaā€™s curse on Arthur, for example? Does it physically impact Morgana? I donā€™t know if Iā€™m making myself very clear ? :sweat_smile:

4 Likes