The Bastard of Camelot Announcement on post 3193

He is a “king”, but he doesn’t run the place. Merlin does. Plus, royals can be really naive, especially when it’s sometone idealistic like Arthur.

10 Likes

Time doesn’t always create experience; I’ve met people older than me that harbored a great deal of immaturity and those younger than who were wise beyond years. Its often life experience of various types itself that gives someone their growth as a person, not the steady ticking of a clock. Time has its part, but it doesn’t mean its always connected to experience, just as intelligence isn’t always wisdom.

Lets not forget he has Merlin around this whole time. Want to start taking bets on how many times the older sorcerer has stepped it to take care of the matters with his own hands or convinced Arthur to hand him the reins on issues before Arthur can fully deal with them himself? In a way, Merlin (and even Lance to a lesser extent) may have been playing a part of hindering Arthur’s full growth because he deals with things without giving Arthur a chance to learn from experience.

13 Likes

I know what you mean. Currently I’m having Mordred hesitantly reaching out to Arthur but once we have a better established relationship the angst and sadness about Arthur not recognizing me ( not because of any desire for the Throne but simply because he’s my father who purports to love me ) will come out. At that point I’ll probably refuse to have a relationship with him if he can’t recognize me unless he can provide a reason outside of it being difficult/shameful for him to do so ( like the recognition harming his efforts to improve the lives of the people in his kingdom ) as it’d be too painful to interact with somebody who can’t put me in front of their own self interest.

Edit: Also, just realized this is the first time I’ve commented here. This has currently ascended to my favorite WIP on the forums. I’m a huge fan of the Arturian mythos.

7 Likes

@W1first Thank you! :heart:

@Okami-Nora I agree, the whole feel of the song and animation fits their romance!

A happy one as squire. The family loves him as if he were their son, which, given they’ve raised him, is.

Which also reminded me that I have completely overlooked what Arthur knew about his powers. Arthur’s powers obviously manifested and Merlin had a lie at the ready. Instead of letting Ector tell Arthur who his father is, he told him to lie that he is a war orphan, from a lost dragon bloodline who must keep the secret of his powers. So Arthur got the chance to practice in secret.

Elaine appears in chapter 5! Chapter 4 features training and dragon, and this chapter, 3, features Arthur seeing how people treat Mordred

Not really. In the prologue it’s mentioned Arthur finds the court hostile, and he feels lost.

When Arthur came to the throne, he was 15 and not only is he thrust on the throne, but he also finds out his half-sister is bearing his child. Merlin offered council and comfort, and Arthur clung to it. He’s convinced Merlin wants the best, even if he wavered, in moments like when he suggested that the bastard be dealt with. And slowly, he’s coming to realize Merlin is wrong in some matters, and being more independent.

30 Likes

(Some of) y’all: “As far as I can tell, the only bad thing Morgana did was curse Arthur”
Bianca’s answers to some of the asks on Tumblr:

S/n: I definitely recommend looking through her asks. She answers all kinds of stuff! (not just about Morgana lol)

17 Likes

Yeah, my Mordred trusts the curse more than Arthur.
If that thing does get lifted he’s outta the Kingdom to become the wizard of the wilds, I guess.

Requires a very specific playstyle I don’t plan to follow with my Mordred.

Who aren’t much use against Merlin’s possible magical or more subtle methods, including poisoning.
I mean most of the powerful and influential people who were poisoned historically had more allies than Mordred, the point is that you only need to bribe or impersonate one kitchen servant to pull off a succesful poisoning.

4 Likes

Hi guys. I dreamt about the game last night, more precisely, I redid the scene of the stable between Mordred and Arthur and I realized that I had a lot of trouble figuring out the size of the dragons in the game. Mordred’s dragon is the size of a horse, so it’s fine, but Arthur’s dragon, for example, how big is it? How big are the stables? It’s probably a dumb question, but I admit it questions me.

You make my mouth water even more! Well, it’s a bit horrible for us to want Mordred to suffer so that his father can gain some importance and strength of character, but I think Arthur is the kind of person who discovers themselves when they face horrible things. The bullying of Mordred, the betrayal of his wife and his best friend, deep down I think both the father and the child will suffer just as much in this story, but hopefully both will come out of it stronger and happier in the end. Please @Rebelgirl, spare us in the end!

6 Likes

Ahhh, I want to paint the whole kingdom with blood

9 Likes

Author i think emotional stats aren’tworking) i choose to cry, or my eyes end up with tears (when i meet arthur) but i didn’t increase

There’s a few spots where I thought a stat change might happen that didn’t, but I didn’t bother bringing those up yet because the stats are even more of a WIP than the story portion of the WIP itself. I think once the final page, of the last chapter for TBoC Book One has been finished, then Rebelgirl will have a better idea of how to spread them out, while also leaving room to grow in the later two books. Projects like this take a few years to complete, after all. :slightly_smiling_face:

That in mind, I tend to disregard the stat screen unless something got completely inverted (as in ‘applied the stat change’ to the wrong half of the inverted pair) along the way. That would be an issue that might impact play-testing for flavor text.

2 Likes

When arthur say that

Elewen this is my daughter.

All choices appeared even thought it’s not in the correct gender

2 Likes

Never mind my question it does change by a small margin like 2 percent to be emotional, but j guess it’s understandable for the author.

2 Likes

Lmao

They’re huge to be able to host the dragons!

:eyes:

@LadyUmbreon89 Yeah, the stats are very much a wip right now. As I write I realize I need to tweak or add some, but I do try to make them work properly for flavor text.

@The_Shadow The increases are very small, but they change!

7 Likes

Just a random question but how toxic would being in a relationship with Merlin be? :joy::joy:
Ik he isn’t a ro but let’s say he is

1 Like

Ask Nimue’s mother. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I would imagine ‘very’.

11 Likes

Is it bad that I want that? XD

3 Likes

Morgana reminds me of Yennefer. I love her :relaxed:

14 Likes

I think u know that answer :joy::joy:

Ik ik but just imagine the DRAMA
The ACHE