The Bastard of Camelot Announcement on post 3193

Fascinating!

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve read about that version as well, iirc Guinevere steals it for Mordred and then gets married to Mordred after he kills Arthur.

It’s definitely the worst version of Guinevere. I mean not only does she cheat on the king with his best friend behind his back, but then she helps her stepson kill her husband and marries him. She stabs Arthur in the back every way someone can without actually physically stabbing him in the back. I highly doubt that will be in this version though.

3 Likes

hey so: in the legends,mordred,gawain,gareth, and agravain are all brothers, children of morgause/morgan, with mordred usually depicted as the youngest in the line-up (not to be confused with morgan la fay as that is a completely different, unrelated character), which makes me wonder: is agravain gonna show up? cause i feel like that’d be interesting as agravain’s role in the myth was “more evil than mordred” and “killed, sweet, unabashedly funny knight even mordred seemed to get along with,Dinadin”

3 Likes

Agravain is a character and romance option in the series, yes.

2 Likes

ah.

After going through another playthrough , i just realized that Merlin reminds me of rhea but without the good reason for lying ,and manipulating

I was wondering where Morgause was since she is Morgana half sister and everything or is she on that kind of vacation drinking pineapple juice and relaxing

4 Likes

Morgause does not exist in this version.

1 Like

But does pineapple juice?

4 Likes

Pineapples themselves only reached the UK in the 1600s, so probably not.

2 Likes

@daugtherofolympusif Arthur giving Clarent to Mordred certainly won’t happen in the first book, but depending on your relationship or good reputation in can be in the second book.

In my version, Clarent is the sword Arthur pulled from the stone, and it was made in Avalon by the Lady of the Lake.

Agravain does appear and they’re a ro, as @OtherGrimm said. They’re gender is chosen by the player. In this version, they’re the bastard child of a noble and a maid, and bent on revenge for the cruelty them and their mother endured. They’re drawn to Mordred because of their bastard reputation.

What prompted the similarity? :eyes: Rhea as in the Titan, right?

I mean, the world of Boc is a fantasy world. It’s not set in UK or medieval times. It is heavily inspired by Europe (I can name the countries, places, castles that inspire the world) and both Medieval, Renaissance times with a dash of modernity.

But this is just the Continent where the story takes place! I imagine there are other lands on the map, but they’re only alluded to in the game. And the Continent does have trade established with other lands, so maybe they do have pineapple🍍

I love writing lore for stories so despite the UK origins, I created a different world.

12 Likes

I wonder theres an option for mordred not to give a fuck and steal the shit out of everything, or just to anyone that deserves it.
Clarent? Mine. Excalibur? Don’t mind if i do. Merlin’s spell books? Gimme. Illegal and dangerous magical artifacts? Nabbed and stored.
Like Merlin frantically searching for a spell or some artifact to throw Mordred back in line and Mordred just goes :thinking: “You mean this?” and proceeds to pull the mcguffin outta their pockets or smth.

16 Likes

im just imagining mordred just physically stealing merlin’s spell from his hands and its so funny

8 Likes

I’m guessing they’re referring to Rhea from Fire Emblem Three Houses.

7 Likes

YOINK!!

4 Likes

You know that titktok trend where they fall off a cliff or high place with Bamboleo playing in the background??? Like imagine Mordred stealing the spell/spell book, doing a little salute and then falling/leaping out Merlins study room and falling onto their dragons back!!

14 Likes

Would that require a Bardcore cover or similar?

4 Likes

well,time to crack open my art program to make this animatic then

13 Likes

I have no idea what that means :joy: what is that?

And @mysteryfox yessssss!!!

1 Like

hey Rebelgirl just read you book and I love it the characters feel so alive and the way you make the characters interact with each other like Morgana and Arthur is great and playing as Mordred feel like your own personal Mordred like I’m trying to my Mordred like TYPR-MOON Fate/Grand Order anyway keep up there amazing work and keep safe.

4 Likes