The Bastard of Camelot Announcement on post 3193

Um, I think my Mordred might be a veterinarian or zoologist. Something related to animals. :thinking:

3 Likes

Hehe…careful, my dear author, or you’ll give me an idea for SiNY x Modern!BoC crossover fic.

4 Likes

I don’t understand but I get the meaning

Apology accepted. You can come back but please do consider certain jokes next time. i know you’re trying to go for dark humor but it’s not everyone’s cup of tea and that joke was kinda inappropriate for the general thread.

3 Likes

No probs I took it way too far and next time I wanna joke I think I will be careful and use memes and stuff

Is there a way in the game I can know which side I am turning to, some people like lot say I remind him of Morgana while gawain say is Arthur

Lot has VERY bitter feelings toward Morgana due the past events and that bitterness extends to Mordred unfortunately partly since he don’t have the guts to really face her, much like the other people Lotha , and so goes for the weakest link that’s got a connection to her: the child Mordred. So take what he says with a grain of salt, as the man isn’t exactly looking at Mordred with a clear vision.

Regardless of how genuine Mordred may be or how opposite they are in personality to their mother, Lot will always see Morgana in Mordred.

10 Likes

Yeah you are right @Okami-Nora

Modern times with or without magic? And dragons. Possibly like Shadowrun

2 Likes

On the coding side? All it should require, though I may be incorrect, would be to put a permanent variable in the alone magic trick scene, if you select it. Text wise? No idea. Would probably depend on scene length.
Also, why is it, that blocks of text with one or more characters are called scenes, but the files we have them and are also called scene. I just thought that I could get very confusing at times.
Also, AU

Part of me wants to write something involving Lancelot on a swing, and Merlin giving him a cookie, but I’d have to hash out a whole plot line, and that would take a lot more time than it’s worth. Still, might do it for fun Z‘s if I have like four hours to kill at some point.

Mordred in modern times? Without magic, probably some sort of librarian. With magic? Water mage maybe? Assuming that Pendragon magic is either nonexistent, or different enough that it is basically no longer Pendragon magic, In which case, you then, may or may not possess it.

2 Likes

it’s become my life’s mission to play my mordred as the most jaded,tired,done ten year old ever. my mordred doesn’t give a damn about arthur,he just wants an opportunity to punch galahad and/or lancelot in the face at least once

8 Likes

With Pendragon magic reinforced fists

1 Like

Now you’re giving me ideas! :eyes: Imagine the SINY and BOC characters meeting.

Well right now, you’re not really on any side? Mordred is just a kid shaping their opinions, and sides can be switched along the way. And what people see you as doesn’t reflect your side, but either your personality or how they perceive you.

Like @Okami-Nora perfectly said, Mordred will remind Lot of Morgana due to the loathing he holds for her. It doesn’t help that Mordred looks a lot like Morgana, and depending on personality, can act like her.

I was thinking without magic. With magic it would be like SINY lol

Yeah, coding wise no problem at all! Just gotta think of some cool tricks. And finding time to do it.

I usually refer to a scene, a text where the setting changes, so if I say scene, I don’t mean the file. But I agree, kinda confusing.

Consider this: Merlin baking cookies in a “Kiss the chef” apron.

11 Likes

I know one who would be happy! :wink:

Sorry for starting all this! But it’s because of @Okami-Nora. I just mentioned Lancelot’s swinging ! Things got out of hand shortly afterwards… :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Mine likes magic, the outdoors, and visiting new places. The modern equivalent would probably be a scientific researcher, not one working in a lab but someone going to do fieldwork in wild places (something like my first job after university in the BAS). Although I imagine they’d make a good replacement for David Attenborough as a presenter of TV nature shows.

4 Likes

Mine probably would be a psychologist, and live in a house full of plants.

4 Likes

Maybe Mordred is trying to strike out on their own in the Modern AU, attempting to make a life for themselves away from both sides of their family ties due to having enough of all the tension and bad blood and being so done with being caught in the crossfire. They move to another town and somehow find themselves the owner of a small store of some kind (the tyoe of store depending on the Mordred) and decide that this will be their starting point as they settle down into this new home.

Morgana often visits both due to concern for her child being on their own when they’re barely a adult and also to try to go against their uncle Arthur’s large business called Camelot. Arthur truly just wants to bond with Mordred as family and finally bury the hatchet between the two sides, but Merlin sees Mordred’s shopkeeper status as a threat to the complete control over the local businesses and plots in the background (all while convincing Lancelot that Mordred is trying to weaken Camelot). Lot is a big business guy whose business has been stable but stagnant in growth. Accolan and Gareth are the only ones who visit Mordred without some form of ulterior motive and like to check up on the recently independent kid while times offering advice.

Depending on their shop, hiw they come across the ROs and other characters vary, but Mordred will slowly meet the rest of the cast (who may or may not know who Mordred truly is, as some Mordreds may choose to change their last name and a couple of other things in order not to be recognized in the new town) as they go about tending to their small business and discovering who they are in the quiet town of Avalon.

At least, that’s my imagination running off with the idea. :laughing:

Feel like my male Mordred would either be running a cafe or bookstore while working on making children’s books on the side.

My Female Mordred would probably be running a farm that also is used temporarily fostering wild animals before reintroducing them into the wild. Or running a inn renowned for its homemade drinks and food.

with Mordred crossing out the ‘ss’ with permanent marker and replacing it with ‘ck’.

Way to throw me under the bus, @daugtherofolympusif . :joy: That betrayal hurts more than when Julius Ceaser was repeatedly whacked with the Animal Crossing nets by his former allies until he left Rome that how his downfall went right?.

5 Likes

I have been thinking since Arthur has excalibur then it would be better for Mordred to have caliburn/clarent, two birds of a feather and I wonder how it will feel using the same and not so same sword against each other maybe it will be like that time between Voldemort and harry potter

Morgan Atwell?

Also, Eva is almost old enough to have been through both… I think.

1 Like

Does that mean…paradox time travel?

1 Like