The Bastard of Camelot Announcement on post 3193

this is so interesting! I really love this and I made my mc a shy one. it’s fun to play! can’t wait for more update!

3 Likes

I’ve already read the demo at least five times and I can’t get enough of it! I love the twist you’ve put on Mordred and I look forward to making an anti-hero out of them!

5 Likes

I love the Authrian myths so I’ll definetly keep an eye on this :smile:

3 Likes

I like how it’s starting so far. I like how “light” the childhood arc feels so far. I looked at your blog and see that Agravain mentioned and that they don’t appear until book two. I was thinking that they might be Gawain’s sibling but since your tumblr says they grew up seeing their mother mistreated…I guess that’s wrong lol

5 Likes

I really like this story a lot. Everything was well written and everything was well fleshed out. I am looking forward to more. Thank for sharing this.

3 Likes

You come up with such interesting stuff. If I remember correctly , Supernatural in New York was yours too , right?
Edit: i read the post halfway and commented lol. I loved supernatural in new york demo too , waiting eagerly :grin:

3 Likes

Man this is so good i immidietly started to worry about G.R.R Syndorme cause i want more and i want it now :smiley:

More seriously @Rebelgirl Id like to ask how would some non romance characters
react to Mordred actually being full on saint, Like I cant Imagine Merlin or Lancelot would take it calmly.
You genuinely got me interested in how good relationships with various characters would look like purely because of the WTF factor. :slight_smile:
Also Can you tell me something Impresive that Manipulative Mordred can archieve ?

3 Likes

I second this! I am especially curious about Gawain’s feelings towards Mordred. It would be delicious angst if Gawain actually falls for Mordred quickly but Mordred resents him for stealing Arthur away. But I understand if it is spoiler territory.

3 Likes

Well, guess I better correct myself a bit:

Arthur and Merlin have actually made a active effort for the most part on keeping the prophecy’s existence unknown to most people (though there likely are rumors about its possible existence) and are especially keeping The fact Modred is related to Arthur under lock and key. The main reasons many people dislike Mordred already is mostly because it’s a well known fact that they are a bastard and because of the link with Morgana (who doesn’t have a good reputation with many people).

Of course, looks like Merlin has also been playing his own part in making sure that the fires of that hatred are consistently fueled. Not that Lancelot is any better in this case (what with teaching his son to hate Mordred and revealing a bit of that prophecy to ensure that that hatred is strong), but he’s mostly just doing that with his son, while Merlin seems to be actively aiming for a whole population of people. :sweat_smile:

Judging by one of the Tumblr asks and seeing him in the demo, Gawain seems really friendly and fascinated with Mordred when first meeting them (can’t wait to befriend him). Though I guess it helps that, unlike Lancelot, Kay hasn’t been poisoning Gawain’s mind with hatred and is more willing to give Mordred a chance.

6 Likes

Wait, we have met Gawain in the demo? I thought the demo ended after the debacle when Mordred can potentially burn a child in anger and had to move with Morgana.

1 Like

yeah, thanx for linking that. Any doubt I had about killing everyone I meet, just evaporated . The dark side is calling and I shall answer :grin:

2 Likes

Bit of Chapter 3 is up. Gawain and Galanhad make a brief appearance.

Gawain really like magic; he was ecstatic when my friendly Mordred did a small spell for him.

3 Likes

I never liked Lancelot tbh. Always seemed too loyal to be true. His son, on the other hand, I can excuse for.

However, my hatred of him may stem up from the fact that I was asked to write an essay about his personality back in my freshman year…Needless to say, I bombed that :sweat_smile:

Exactly! He’s portrayed as this Gary Stu who can’t do anything wrong. I think that’s what my problem is with him; you can’t be completely perfect as a human. If you claim that you have no flaws, then you my friend, are a liar. Or maybe I’m too paranoid for my own good. I don’t know :sweat_smile:

Plus, we all know how that turned out…

6 Likes

Lhancelot always come off as douchy for some reason. he is the perfect picture of ‘Fanboy’ lol

Edit: I wouldn’t know actually. Believe it or not, beside this story (and the Gunever one), I never read these stuff. Heard about it a long time ago…and I remember Merlin but just his name…and something about getting a sword from a rock? Not even sure if its the same stuff lol

At least in the other WIP there was a potentiel of Arthur+Lhancelot = comedy gold :smile:

3 Likes

Nice! Good to know not everybody hate Mordred on sight. :+1:

2 Likes

Yeah, I can’t wait to see more of the people who don’t despise Mordred due to prophecy or origins.

Gawain is already gonna be a first friend for my Mordred; he was so happy to meet someone who gave him a chance to give a good impression and liked his magic.

Well, he’s gonna be having a affair with Guen, so he may also be a bit of a hypocrite when it comes to loyalty too. :laughing:

Wonder how aware of the affair Galanhad is or if he learns about it? I know some stories have Mordred discover the affairs existence and trying to tell the other roundtable knights about and how they should all tell the king, but none of them believe Mordred (and the knight whose the closest friend to Lance is well aware of the affair and helping to keep it hidden).

I mean, I still have a irrational hatred toward the Pokemon Chatot due to my childhood experience with that one Mystery Dungeon game, so I’m not judging. :laughing:

5 Likes

@E_RedMark Certainly! It’d be too easy.

I know the versions, too, and I’d like to allow it.

Galahad’s prophecy is vague, too. He’ll be the one to find the Goblet of the Lady of the lake, but Mordred can play a role in how it goes.

Merlin certainly has that mentality. Merlin has already done his best to destroy Morgana’s reputation. More than she already did.

The ros don’t know of the prophecy. Galahad has been told by Arthur Morgana wants to use you to get to the throne. Gawain heard this but Kay encourages him not to judge Mordred before knowing them. Nimue is implied to know, but she doesn’t judge Mordred either. She doesn’t trust Merlin.

Galahad worships his dad. He wants to make him proud.

I don’t want to spoil it, so I’ll say something vague and blurr it It’ll be like Mordred pushing a domino piece that makes all of them fall. A small action that unleashes chaos.

@Konoi Thanks for catching the errors!

@wolphie I actually thought of it, but the name is famous, I gotta keep it! Will consider it.

@Eyesofshadow Of course! Should I add them on the first post or before the game starts, too?

@Hazuki Yeah, they’re not related. I think they are in some versions?

You’ll have to see :eyes: Lol, well Kay would be really pleasantly surprised. Merlin and Lancelot would have a hard time. Merlin is too stubborn. Lancelot would come round, but very slowly.

I don’t have anything in mind right now, sorry. One of them would be getting the rebels favor.

Gawain doesn’t judge Mordred, but you’ll see in the demo too! I quietly updated, lol. He’d be confused if Mordred just hates him for what he sees as no reason.

@Okami-Nora Merlin hates Morgana, tbh. He’s kind of jealous, too. She’s a very powerful sorcerer. And she’s always been very stubborn. Merlin likes people he can manipulate. Nimue plays as if he can manipulate her, but she doesn’t trust him.

Lancelot is the perfect image of a knight, in the game. Of course, that’s just a facade. He’s not as perfect as he likes to pretend. His happy marriage is an illusion. He manipulates his son. He betrays his friend.

21 Likes

Poor Lancelot, I think that’s a little unfair. Most Arthurian literature I have read depicts Lancelot as very flawed and conflicted. In a way I think his purpose is to show how impossible it is to keep conflicting oaths of loyalty.

He is largely viewed as responsible for Elaine’s death, and Gwen doesn’t offer any sympathy, only jealousy. In Le Mort d’Arthur he comes back from a war he fought largely on behalf of Gwen, where he has fought against friends and family, ending something he spent his entire life to help build to find she has put herself in a convent and won’t even give him a kiss good-bye. Hell, in Tennyson’s Idylls of the King there is a particular passage where Gwen informs Lancelot that she loves him because he isn’t perfect like King Arthur. It must be rough to not be loved because of who you are, but who you are not.

I’ve always had a lot of sympathy for Lancelot, he tries to do his best but is caught in a hard place in this power struggle between Guinevere and King Arthur and is conflicted by his love and loyalty to both.

18 Likes

how about…

Humm yeah, my dragon is very gentle. See ? Pet dragon, now you go and pet her too! * Dragon chosen is agressive* Dragon take a bite nom nom nom while mordred laugh in the background.

Oh wait, that’s not impulsive…well the dragon would be lol does that count?

Hum, mordred is banned from joining a race on dragon, and decided to go ‘Screw you all, I’m winning it’’ lol

whats merlin anyway? meaning, what is he? A mage, a sorcer too?

sound like he gonna be a sub-vilain lol

4 Likes

Merlin is a sorcerer, too. He’s…special though, as he is half fae.

4 Likes