The Angel War, Interest Check & Demo

Premise seems interesting! Good luck with this :blush:

OK, I figured out the problem. However, the demo’ll create another error at the beginning of chapter one, even though when I playtest it on my computer nothing happens: I’ve narrowed it down to the fact that DashingDon doesn’t want to overwrite my previous scene files (I think). :cry:

Of course, the problem may be something else entirely. I’m going to try solve it again before starting a thread or something. :persevere: :cold_sweat:

@TheTrueKing: :smile: :smile:

Maybe you could have a poll to decide if the player or you name the opposing tribe! Or maybe have some pre-selected names for both (cuz I had trouble naming the opposing tribe)!

@Just_Because
If you delete the game on DashingDon and create a new game on DashingDon with the same name (loading only the new files), your old link should still work. Hope that makes sense!

Thank you!
@Arcane_warrior Thanks. I’m glad it lived up to your expectations.
@Dylan_Gauthier Thank you.
@anon33984850 Thank you for your support. I might try the poll idea later. :blush:
@rialta Well, thank you.
@shettiejw Aw, shucks. Hope you like the demo too.
@Branton ^^ :wink:
@daydreamsincolor Yay, glad you like it! Thank you for the suggestion. I’ll try it. :smile:

It truly did loving it up to know if you need a beta tester I would love to help out.

Seems interesting. I hope you explain more in the future on why a war is happening, etc.
I really liked how in the stats there was"dating" and “who your crushing on”. Hopefully you’ll include options for the MC to flirt regardless if they are in a relationship or not. That could make for some interesting banter.

That’s actually what I’m working on right now. So far, I’ve got border disputes that need to be settled, and trade between the countries.

Since both countries have different values (sort of like Democratic vs. Republican), I thought about adding something like that in.

As for the flirting while dating/while not dating is something I’m adding in the second Chapter, when the war council finishes. (Unless y’all want me to be like, “Hello, handsome. I’m disagreeing with everything you say, and trying to mentally ‘kill’ you, but wanna go out for lunch sometime?” I would totally add that in… maybe…) You still get the option to romance characters from the other side.

I’m rereading this, and it doesn’t sound clear, but its the best I can do for now… :blush:

Interesting idea.

One criticism - Maybe you should define your world history and ethos a bit more in the beginning. As a history nerd, I really felt your two angel “countries” were: Christianity and Islam… and then giving choice to name them seemed too much. Usually there is not enough choice given but in this case, I feel you give too much to begin.

The key-card info was a neat concise way of getting all the preliminary info out of the way. Well done.

1 Like

An interesting concept. There’s a lot of statistics for the game already, do they all have an important factor in how the story plays out or will they just make small differences at times throughout?

Look forward to Seing how this progresses as you flesh it out properly.

First off, thank you. Secondly, I think that your right, the Angel Countries were a bit too much.

I was thinking of instead changing it to one of the countries follows more democratic points of view, and the other follows more republican points of view. Then I would give you the choice, like if you picked the Republican “road”, you could also choose to be very environmentally concious, or you could have some Democratic POVs, or you could be strictly republican, things like that.

Tell me what you think 'bout that idea… :wink:

@Maxmansung Some of the statistics (especially the “percent” and “relationship” and “war” stats effect the ending of the book, as well as the content in many ways.

However, the opposed stats affect the choices you can make, and not in a very big way (unless the choices lead to your other stats increasing/decreasing.) Does that answer your question? :ok_hand:

1 Like

Make one Angel faction favor totalitarianism and the other participation (could be limited or pure) but switch the factions to more like the knightly orders most European countries have.

Can you elaborate on that? I attempted to add in something, but eventually I didn’t like it, and deleted the entire section. However, I do like the idea.

It sounds very interesting and I would enjoy playing it.

Well, the setting you start off makes me think that the two angel factions are like the American CIA and the Russian KGB back in the day. So begin there.

Because we are talking Angels, I’d imagine their organization to be based on something like the Knights Templar, the Knights Hospitalars or even the Inquisition. …

They really don’t run nation-states, do they? Which is why I’d not set them up as a modern government - you can use a ruling philosophy such as Fascism but for NGO (non-government organization) you don’t need the entire government.

If you want to stick to religious organization different than what I offered above, use the medieval Catholic Church and the medieval Islamic Caliphate - medieval not modern day versions.

Hope that helps.

New update: parts of Chapter One! OK, there might be some grammatical errors and spelling errors and such because I didn’t test this as throughly as I should’ve, but whatever. It’s finally up! :smile: :smile:

Whats’ the issue? Send details in PM and I’ll see if I can sort it out.

1 Like

Oh hey finnaly a story with you become an angel even tho it 7 year ago, uhh ouhh bread :+1:

Angels my favourite supernaturals :sob: I’m still waiting for good game where MC is an angel. I’ve seen some WIPs on Tumblr where there are angels, but we can never play the one -_-