The American Front (modern war/sci-fi Wip)

To start, while I already have a thread for this story I created a new one because I changed some aspects from my original idea. For example, the original had u fighting on the front lines while this has the mc in the guerrilla warfare in the occupied territory. Plus there will be ROs

In the late 2020s:
WW3 has been raging for three months between the US and it’s Nato allies against Russia later joined by China and North Korea. While the Russian onslaught is stalled in Europe and China hasn’t made many moves since the climatic results in Korea the US military is streched too thin thanks to budget cuts from Washington. Knowing this and the civil/political unrest in the US, the Russo-Chinese Alliance plans on taking the US out of the war by directly attacking the US.

The MC gets caught in the war when on July 4th a Chinese taskforce lands at their home city of Seattle, Washington. Join the Washington Freedom Fighters (name might change) and help repel the the invasion force. Or become a collaborator? Will be a hero? Look out for you and only you? Will u ruthlessly fight these invaders or respect them? Can they even be stopped? Can you even survive?

Thanks to everyone for reading and I can’t wait for your feedback.

46 Likes

any thing that have some war theme have my approved :face_with_monocle:

I sense some ps2 game reference?

3 Likes

A little bit, a lot of this comes from Red Dawn, and Tom Clancy actually.

5 Likes

what about freedom fighters?

2 Likes

So i’m assuming the MC is a regular person no military background?

3 Likes

@Vergil16 honestly I’ve never played it heard bout it though
Actually u guardsman/reservist will be an option along with
Police officer
Teen
Doctor/nurse
Construction worker and possibly others
I also thought of giving the option for some to have some military experience

2 Likes

great game I telling you, I think it could give you some good examples/references for this game :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thanks I’ll be looking into it

1 Like

Sounds a little bit like home front.

The concept seems like home front the revolution to me honestly

2 Likes

Seems interesting I’ll have to wait for demo to think more of it

2 Likes

I can see why you would think that but let me assure you that there aren’t a lot of similarities to Homefront

1 Like

Well if you need any beta testers I’d be more than happy to help

2 Likes

First of all want to start of by saying thank you DD by making an actually interesting invasion premise as well as bringing a Red Dawn like game to the COG franchise. Secondly I’ve got to ask if the Washington Freedom Fighters are a cell based organization or more like the wolverines in which it is a small group of freedom fighters which is believed to be bigger than they actually are. Also do have any ideas for a class system for the PC or will your actions determine your abilities

1 Like

I look forward to seeing it

1 Like

Yesss always looking forward to any story that has war as a theme also love the red dawn inspired story.

10/10 would wait for it.

Quick question can we make our own group?

1 Like

First of all, thank you for your support and sorry for not posting in a while; been busy with school, work, Marines, and working on 3 stories. To answer your first question the Freedom Fighters is a large widespread group. With skills I’m going to try to do something like what’s in ZE:SH

3 Likes

Hey thanks for replying DD and good luck in the the Marines. I’m an army brat and even I’ve got to admit I the marines are insanely tough so props to you for joining up with them and for being willing to serve while still going to work, school, and writing all at the same time. Nice call on the skills resembling ZE:SH since that was one of the best skill systems I’ve seen in a COG game so far and I think it could work very well in this game since a resistance movement would have all walks of life in it. My followup to the Freedom Fighters organization would the MC be a leader/founder or would they join up after formation and work their way up the ranks of the group with a squad/cell of supporting characters?

1 Like

The Freedom Fighters are a large group of smaller loosely aligned guerrilla groups whose methods differ. However as of now ur not a founding member of the FF but u can be a leader of one of these factions

2 Likes

How advanced are things? I’m assuming for the most part similar weapons as we have now

1 Like