Indefinite Hiatus. The Amberwood Series (WIP) (Read Post 409)

:eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes:

3 Likes

After looking through the tumblr page of posts… Nyx can sleep anywhere, huh? Including the MC’s room? If so, that’s a next level degree of self-discipline to remain detached about it, not to mention a strong poker face. :grin:
Meanwhile, his “pissing contest” with Cassius is making me exasperatedly wonder why he’s suddenly feeling so threatened. :sweat_smile:

True, Cass could be dangerous, but for now he’s not.

3 Likes

Perhaps. Truth be told, I didn’t even intend for Nyx to immedielty bare his teeth at Cassius. I was just typing along and was like: “…this stays. The writing Gods have deemed it so.”

14 Likes

I Finally could play it! It’s amazing I can’t believe you left it there :weary:

Left it there…?

I think they mean ended it with a cliffhanger kdjd

1 Like

U P D A T E
Chapter Four is now available! This is experimental, and I really want to know what you guys think of it!

What to expect:
Slightly different wording in two of the options if you talk to Nyx about his magick in Chap.2

Coding changed for multiple options so instead of hiding what you selected prior, it’s greyed out.

Chap.4 focuses on the aftermath, please don’t expect too much action here;; You have the option to hang out with Cassius, Tae, or Nyx! And as a result, learn more of the Wolves, about your consultant, or your newfound allies.

You’ll also get to learn a little bit of magick regardless of who you decide to hang out with!

The next chapter won’t come until after the holidays, although it’s hard to say when! I just know my brain so needs a bit of a break now;; Thank you for your patience! As always, please point out any bugs or any kind of errors! I’ll be lurking on Tumblr for the holidays, so feel free to message me there or find out what ramblings I happen to be posting. Because what I have to say is just so interesting. Right guys? r i g h t?

27 Likes

just to throw a heads up, i think you have on teeny tiny error with the code in the stats screen I noticed, because im a filthy snoop and too curious for my own good.

i think the way that you’ve done measurements for relationships and stats makes it so if you’re in between a certain range you’ll just get a blank for your stat

example

because i have 5 knowledge, and that is neither lower nor higher than 5, my knowledge stat shows up like this

it should probably be a pretty easy thing to fix and probably won’t cause any game ending errors even if it’s left like that (-probably-), but i figured i’d let you know.

also y’know, say that i love the story and characters so far and really like how you’re able to paint a scene with your writing.

3 Likes

ooh I should fix that- not sure how though… :thinking:

2 Likes

Oh, so that’s what does that. I was wondering what caused the vanishing descriptions in the stat screen, but didn’t have the knowhow to ID the problem, and be helpful about it. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I was hoping it wouldn’t be an issue;; I have an idea but I dunno if it’d make a difference tbh. Though, it can’t hurt to try :face_with_monocle:

edit: @Gwenstn
uploaded an edit to the stats, doubt it’ll work though because I have no idea what I’m doing :smiley:

1 Like

to be completely honest, I’m just as clueless when it comes to writing choicescript, I’m just used to reading it and maybe kinda average at finding problems.
I’m not 100% sure that’s what caused the issue, but it seemed like the logical reason

though now i’m worried that’s not going to end up being the cause :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I’m not sure why it would be blank either, much less how to fix it. I might make a post about it or hope someone magically appears in this thread that knows CS like the back of their hand

So will we be meeting the female RO next chapter, cause not really a fan of Nyx and him being an asshole? Also chose not interested in guys in the beginning, but I’m still getting flirt options for Nyx and Cassius.

I dunno why but that made me snort. But, yes, you will. I debated on making flirting “impossible” if you’re not interested in men but haven’t made a thing, at least not until there’s explicit options like, say, kissing another character. At least for now. Still working that out.

4 Likes

I don’t hate Nyx, but if there was a fight going on…

Also how bad of a relationship can I get with my mother lol, planning to get disowned.

6 Likes

LMAO I’m glad someone doesn’t like him because this is amusing

And with Ma, getting disowned isn’t possible. It’ll just always be a strained relationship.

4 Likes

Is it possible to have a better relationship, and will she ever show some emotion or love towards us?
Also how many chapters do you have planned and is this a series or just one?

More importantly, when can we meet Ileana?
Sorry for all the questions lol.

It will be possible, yes. She will show emotion/love as well. I can’t say exactly how many chapters this will be, and this will be two books.

You won’t meet Ileana for a bit yet, in fact I’m still working out the best way to introduce her, but it’ll happen! …eventually.

I hope to give more concrete answers soon, as I’ll be properly planning the story out since I won’t be writing any additions until after the holidays. And don’t apologize, I like the questions! It helps me focus and reevaluate!

4 Likes

After going through the demo again, I can confirm that the stat screen is now working as intended with no disappearing descriptions. Looks like your fix worked beautifully. :grin: