The Alpha and The Omega (Working Title) - WIP

@HuiHui @Zoroth, thank you both so much!

4 Likes

It’s short, but I like the concept of what you have so far! I’ll be eagerly awaiting updates :slight_smile:

3 Likes

How long do you plan on making the finished version be?

1 Like

I don’t know. I have read that whatever length you plan or aim for, the game will be much longer. As a result, I have avoided putting an estimate on the overall length.

5 Likes

trying to start some competition, huh?

I love this, Jay! I obsessively played Choice of Robots and I, Cyborg over and over and I think once this is finished, it will add a great addition to the AI/robot games on both COG and HG.

Besides the spelling things other people found, I didn’t see much else so far. :smile:

Can’t wait for the next update!

5 Likes

Oh my goodness, thank you so much! No way I could compete with ODG though :laughing:.

Choice of Robots is actually my favourite CoG release of all time. I have played it hundreds of times.

2 Likes

easy solution plan for it being over 3 words long

interesting beginning.

5 Likes

Really cool concept and liking the short demo for now. I especially can’t wait to read more and I’m definitely going to take the eliminate all humans route lol.

1 Like

The demo ends when I choose synthetic flesh instead of going to the job question.

As for a possible replacement for painter, I believe one of the main reasons to justify robots being used in the work place is when a job is to dangerous for a human. Therefore, I think a circus performer would be a good replacement. Death defying stunts for little pay would be perfect for a humanoid robot. It also correlates well with dexterity.

2 Likes

Can you become like skynet or can you be evil😈

1 Like

Good catch, I will fix the error ASAP. Thanks for the suggestion too, I will consider using that instead.

Yes, you can be evil. Though I can’t give out details yet on what specific endings there are.

2 Likes

Thak you I realy liked choice of robot because you could conguer Alaska also love to be evil ING games😈

1 Like

Minor update everyone:

-All reported errors and mistakes should now be fixed.
-I have rewritten a few scenes so that they flow better.
-The ‘painter’ profession has now been changed to ‘circus performer’.
-I have finally added in a unique comment if you chose ‘metal’ and ‘circus performer’. All other opposing or similar choices had these, and now strength/dexterity does too. And one for ‘plastic and ‘research assistant’.
-FAQ section has been added to the first post.
-Work has commenced on the next chapter. You will finally find yourself in the future. Essentially, the story is starting.

Thanks for all the kind words so far.

20 Likes

When you are picking your profession, it says taks instead of tasks.

1 Like

Those should now be fixed. Thanks for letting me know.

Terminator intensifies

4 Likes

You had me at killer robot. :smirk:

2 Likes

Instead of that: “Decepticons! Transform and RISE UP!” Megatron Transfomers Animated, that was later reprised in transformers Prime! In prime it was used only in the episode Darkest hour in session 2. In animated it was Megatron’s cachphrase for those wondering.

1 Like

Hey there. I have a question: As everyone saw it, the title is The Alpha and The Omega. And i noticed that the suggested name for the MC is Alpha. So does that mean there’s another AI named omega? Maybe the antagonist?

I know that if it’s the case it might fall into spoilery, so if you don’t respond i understand. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Well it is certainly no accident that ‘Alpha’ is suggested name for the MC. As you rightly guessed I am unable to say anymore at this stage. Save for one thing: It is not just a name.

4 Likes