180 Files: The Aegis Project (spy/thriller) (new short demo 24 Feb)

What was the cast/what were the ROs like in high school? Were there signs in young Hercules of his future career as a supervilain/supervillain-adjacent-guy/guy who gives supervillain-esque speeches? Did the twin bodyguards ever swap places when they were young?

What’s the silliest/most superficial thing the ROs have strong opinions on/would get defensive about? Low stakes stuff

1 Like

Actually, kind of yes. I think he’s always been pretty intense, and I see him being one of those start-up guys who’s made a million before 21. Very driven, charismatic in a cult-leaderish way, but probably kind of an asshole.

Pff, just when they were young?

Hmm, that verges on spoilery. But, if we’re saying US high school age which is? 16-18 years I think?

313, the genius, is doing all the extra classes they can, still doing chess tournaments, aiming for the Ivy League and always just a hairs’ breadth from burnout.

100 is doing decent if not outstanding in classes, but probably does well in sports and is well-liked. His friends look up to him and people generally think he’s bound for great things.

Hex is not unlike their dad - brilliant, but rash. They’re pretty popular and get involved in a lot of extra-curricular stuff, especially campaigning-type things though possibly with more passion than thought.

Vicki has her head down, working hard. She’s got a goal and nothing’s going to stop her.

Gareth is a pretty popular guy! He started a film club. He’s not the most brilliant student but he tries very hard.

Angel… this is where I have to get vague… their later years in school are different from the earlier ones. So at that point they’re a little removed from everyone. They probably get some attention, because they’ve filled out from being a six-foot beanpole, but they don’t make many friends. They’re good at the subjects they’re naturally inclined to and almost failing others.

8 Likes

I only meant when they were kids but if they still do it that would delight me to no end. I think Hex at some point says they can tell the twins apart but I don’t remember anyone else mentioning it, and given that Hex seems like the type to be able to go in on a joke I bet they could totally get away with it. So in conclusion this is my new canon

Do they ever win class president or anything like that?

2 Likes

Probably not… too establishment, man :stuck_out_tongue:

And Hex has known the twins for years, so has worked out the little differences in how they act.

3 Likes

Did Hex know them outside of work? Since Hex has only been at Hanson for 6 or so months, right? Is it just from like, “oh I visited dad and so also saw his bodyguards while I was there” or did they meet some other way?

1 Like

They’ve been Hercules’ bodyguards for years, so whenever Hex has seen their dad P&P have also been around.

3 Likes

My MC has the dead parents background, rebelled as a kid (probably got in trouble and into extreme sports) thus getting the thief background. When asked why the Agency, I selected the “Challenge” response.

From all of this, what I’m getting is that Angel is their soulmate. That worries me a little.

I apologize if this was asked before, but which of the cast - including the MC - still has family? Do they stay in touch? (I think I read that 313 does)

Did they have a happy childhood?

2 Likes

Hehehe :smiling_imp:

MC with dead parents has their aunt and uncle. Other backgrounds, whatever family they might have is left to headcanon.

Spoilering the rest because you might learn bits of it from the characters.

313 has a pretty big family, and yes they’re still in touch.

Hex obviously has Hercules, and also their mother who lives in New York (parents are divorced but civil)

Vicki has some family in the US but her parents live in Mexico. They call a lot but don’t get to visit much.

Gareth is slightly out of touch with his family.

100 only has his dad still alive. They don’t talk much.

Angel has a mother and an aunt. But tbh Angel is more in touch with Azazel than them.

8 Likes

I know I’m pretty late to the party but damn is this good. The good ol’ hangin over crocodiles in chains situation gets me good. I do like how you added a proper reason for it as well besides the “ahaha for fun!” Stereotype. Huge congrats for winning the competition!

2 Likes

So i had been thinking… Angel should be interested in a more talented and effective rival agent…

Since my MC being captured by her in the earliest… then being captured by the bad guys again later on, which required Angel’s personal intervention of rescuing me… , how would Angel still interested in a “dumb” agent like me ? :-):thinking:

Angel’s exact opinion of the MC does change depending on certain things the MC does. And to be blunt, at this point Angel is not remotely ‘interested’ in the MC in the sense of interested in anything long-term, they just find you physically attractive and mildly amusing.

They might change their opinions if the MC manages to impress them, though…

I don’t know if people have noticed, but there’s actually a few ways things can go in chapter 1, before the crocodile pit where you always end up. That makes some difference.

7 Likes

After replaying for the fifth time, I have a small question. I know we should determine the MC’s name in the game, but when prompted to input it, is that their actual name? Is it wise for an agent to reveal their name on a mission with potential enemies around just because a guard prompted them or are we James Bond-ing it? Especially if Angel is supposed to be around? (not that he wouldn’t learn our MC’s real name eventually). I’m sorry for nitpicking, it just struck at me.

As for Angel, is this about the kiss they use to distract the MC? My agent was really on point most of the game, which I’m somewhat regretting as I want to see the van scene .

2 Likes

I did got the kiss scene in chapter 1 before she knock me out, because i thought she was the innocent secretary…Lol

1 Like

Yes that’s a bit of a clash between story and game mechanics there. The MC shouldn’t really be giving away their real name, but I also need some way of finding out what the player wants to call their character! Maybe I could change the text to sonething like, ‘you tell them a fake, but your real name is…’ I’ve been assuming that Angel knows the MC’s real first name but not surname, anyway.

No, before that. Anyone get the ‘hostage situation’?

4 Likes

The one where the police shows up and points a gun at you and then you ask ‘Jet’ for help ?

As an idea for the real name, could the MC fill out a report or, when getting to the facility, have to state their names? It could be passed as a final measure of security (voice recognition).

1 Like

I might be an idiot, but when I tried playing the link at the top it said the demo was over, did I miss the full game?

1 Like

Nope, the current demo is all that’s been released

I’m ashamed at myself for how long it took me to get around to trying this demo, even after all of the good things I’d heard. Great game so far, I can’t wait to play the rest. Here’s to hoping the release data is soon! :crossed_fingers:

6 Likes

Heheh, nope, that’s what happens if you fail a stat check.

And thank you @SirEdmund :blush:

1 Like

Welp, off to replay scenarios, then. Unless…aaany spoilers you can treat a fella to, to get it? :grin: