The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes - An affair of the heart (WIP) (Ch 5: 10 Nov 2023)

This is a great game!! Absolutely loved the demo! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::heartbeat:

4 Likes

:heart_eyes: :+1: :+1:

3 Likes

Aww shucks, I’m practically blushing over here :blush: :heart_eyes:

I’m going to try my best to do your wonderful words justice! :smiley:

7 Likes

Not only do I appreciate that you are allowing for gender selection with most of the main characters I am also very happy to see there’s an option for a completely platonic Holmes/Watson relationship as per canon. Definitely looking forward to seeing more of this.

Thought I should mention this Kickstarter for Graphic Novels rounding off in just two hours with several about Sherlock Holmes btw…

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/vanrydergames/graphic-novel-adventures-new-gamebooks-for-2021/description

8 Likes

Thank you!

I’m afraid I have no idea how to do that… and do you mean on the forum or on dashing don? Like have a white background or something?

2 Likes

I love this so much!! :heart_eyes: :joy:

3 Likes

:heart_eyes: !!!

2 Likes

OMG THIS IS SO GOOD! I am super excited for more! I love Sherlock Holmes and it is fun playing our dysfunctional detective. Great first investigation seeming to lead into a secret murder cult!

3 Likes

On Dashingdon, since the dark mode has all images as red so it I had to switch back to be able to read what was written in those

2 Likes

Yay! :smiley: (Though I have seen some fascinating video discussions on the “platonic” level of their relationship in the books, some arguing that it was heavily implied at the time that there was… more to the relationship :kissing: But I want to allow both options in this game though!)

9 Likes

:heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

I think it’s fixed now :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Am I the only one who feels like it would be cheating or cowardly even to play a male Sherlock romancing a female Watson or vice versa? Like either it is either WLW or MLM with those two or go home. Weirdly, I have no such hangs up with the other romance options.

22 Likes

Yup :+1: Thanks. I can now read in dark mode :blush:

4 Likes

How many cases will there be? Or is it just a single big case. Also are you going to adapt any of the canon story or it will be an original case. Also is there going to be Moriarty or Milverton as villains in the story

4 Likes

It’s good to have options. Personally I think shipping Canon Holmes and Watson under normal circumstances cheapens their friendship as it being the most Classic example of some people’s inability to accept bromances as a thing (same goes for Kirk and Spock or Frodo and Sam).

Non canon though, knock yourselves out. :grin:

22 Likes

Wow, I never thought of it like that. You make a good point.Regardless, this looks to be like a very fun game.

3 Likes

I don’t think I would use neither words cheating or cowardly, but a same-sex relationship is definitely iconic in this case. But I mostly just hope that people will play the game the way they want :slight_smile:

11 Likes

There will be (at least) six big investigations (including this one), similar to how this one was done but with more difficulty in getting it right. There are multiple cases, many of them may or may not be connected somehow. The cases are original :slight_smile: I don’t think I want to spoil those kinds of story question just yet…

17 Likes

Good point, love me some platonic Frodo and Sam :+1:

3 Likes