The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes - An affair of the heart (WIP) (Ch 5: 10 Nov 2023)

10/10

I’d say my Sherlock is a mix between the first one on the first line and the second one on the third line. Add a bit of the third one on the third line as well!

5 Likes

This was awesome! I wonder what the victim was doing out in the rain without an umbrella though.

5 Likes

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Thank you!
(And can I say I really loved your game! Very creepy in the best way :+1:)

Good question! And what brought him there in the first place? Who is he? :thinking::zipper_mouth_face:

10 Likes

you cam’t rush the best games. Better take your time and have an awesome game than a shorter, worse version :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Oooh for discord I hope you will put the link on the intro post on both your tumblr and forum post

2 Likes

@Talaya :heart: :heart: :heart: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@Jess1973 I was only going to have it open while the book club was going because I can’t moderate it properly, but sure, I can post it everywhere! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Here is the discord link for the book club thing: An affair of the heart - a Sherlock IF game
I’ll keep it open this coming week :blush:

Book club date and time:
I’m thinking perhaps designated times to discuss the book/story (for the book club) would be best.
I will be available on discord for an hour on wednesday Central European Summer Time 18:00-19:00 (I can probably for longer, but for now I’ll say so.) I can add further dates and times also if people prefer.
If you want to join, read the short story A Case of Identity, and discuss on discord this week, or at the designated time above :slight_smile:

14 Likes

Bottom left :sleeping: Nothing worth doing, so why do anything?

4 Likes

What parts interested you in the game?

• Romance
  • Sherlock Holmes
  • Detective MC
  • Set in the 1800s
  • Murder and mystery
  • Other (please specify)

0 voters

I would be very grateful for your answer :sparkles::heart:

19 Likes

Everything you mentioned

20 Likes

everything.

5 Likes

Super compelling so far, looking forward to more.

1 Like

It would be cool if you wrote an AU set in present time like Cumberbatch’s Sherlock

2 Likes

I love detective’s story and being able to uncover mysteries. So as long as you have that I would have read it. Of course Sherlock Holmes is a classic in dective’s story and I really look forward to be able to play it in our own way. He is a really interesting protagonist after all. I have to admit I don’t know much about 1800 so I don’tr eally care. I’m more a fan of the roaring twenties. And it’s not so much the romance but the characters that interest and how they interact with us.

7 Likes

Everything :D!

1 Like

…as for the other option, well, it’s your writing. It is a delight to read, easy and informative at the same time.

That’s how I feel, any way. Seen many great ideas let down by writing, but that is certainly not the case here. And to think you will probably only improve from here…

7 Likes

I don’t care that much about MC being a detective. They could have any other role and I’d be happy. But Sherlock Holmes in its appropiate time period? Hell yes. I’m not a fan of modern Sherlock adaptations tbh. Historical pieces or inspired in historical periods with licenses :ok_hand::ok_hand:Dark themes are always welcome and murders tend to be more interesting than robbery, for example. And of course, romance is my weakness. Being able to romance classic Sherlock characters is suuuuch a plus!

19 Likes

All those elements would only bring value to the story at the hands of a skilled writer, which I believe you are! In addition, I love the amount of freedom you provide the players when it comes to shaping the MC’s personality and behavior. That’s what sets it apart as a good story game as opposed to just a good story.

13 Likes

For me, the characters are one of the most compelling elements of a story.
I played the demo and I really liked it :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Thank you, everyone, for voting and commenting! The feedback is both surprising and interesting. I knew romance was going to be high, but I really thought Sherlock was going to be higher :sweat_smile: it gives me more insight, I think, into what my readers want and what they prefer and priorities. So thank you! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

And all the comments are helpful, interesting, and very kind :heart: It helps, always, to hear your thoughts. And your kindness always makes me want to deliver the best story I can :sparkles:

@Cingulum_diaboli @yb_minhee @longnoideatime @Yklewz @montero :heart::heart::heart:

@Big_fan1231 I actually prefer to write in a past setting, and I don’t know why. Perhaps because words that would in a modern setting be too pretentious or rare are more accepted :sweat_smile: it’s just fun! I could write a mini prompt maybe on my tumblr, but right now, I have no plans for it :kissing:

@Albus_de_Noir ooh yes, the roaring twenties are fun! Or 1910 London could be fun too! If I ever made a spin-off story, it would probably be in either 1830 or 1910 :heart_eyes:

@Taylor_Enean I might have taken a screenshot of this and sent to a friend because it was so lovely :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: thank you!

Before I posted the demo, I spent quite a lot of time reading “how to write” books and watching YouTube videos about writing, doing writing exercises. But I forgot to continue that routine. But you reminded me, I will start again! I am just starting my writing experience. There are so many things to learn— which is pretty exciting, really :heart_eyes: if anyone has any good writing learning resource recommendations, I would gladly hear them! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@Kirlett :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Ooh, interesting :kissing: why do you not like Sherlock Holmes in a modern setting? :thinking: I would say I often times prefer a setting that is in some way distant from the modern era, but I can like that too :blush:

@CrayFoPottah oh shucks :kissing_closed_eyes: thank you haha, I have a hard time believing that, but I really appreciate it nonetheless :pleading_face::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

18 Likes