The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes - An affair of the heart (WIP) (Ch 5: 10 Nov 2023)

IIRC it’s Violet Hunter from “Copper Beeches”. She was pretty dang awesome.

4 Likes

Hi, hello, I have a question so let’s say Mc-Sherlock has a tiny waist or a bodacious booty would that be implemented in to the game? Let me give an example.

[ Your eyes scan the room of people, music plays in the background but you hardly pay attention to it. There is idle chatter all across the banquet room, couples dancing in the center. How ridiculous, you think as you watch a group of ladies giggle and stare at your direction. They are all unaware of the killer among them. You are so focus on the occupants of the room that you only barely manage not to lash out as a warm hand comes to rest around your Small waist. Out of the corner of your eye you see Watson with his jaw clenched. “Watson, done with you talk with Mr.NolastName?” You ask, a moment passed and then a another before he answered, his eyes trained to one spot. Following his gaze you land on the group of ladies that have been previously giggle, they had move closer and was blatantly staring in their direction with disappointed frowns. You raise an eyebrow before turning to look at your companion. “Watson?” You ask and this time he looks at you. He comes to stand in front of you and using his free hand grabs your right one. Watson takes a deep breath and the hand on your waist tighten.
“Sherlock, would you dance with me?” ]

Right so I might have went overboard but hey I’m invested.

11 Likes

Ooooh so it’s a mentor-student relationship turned sour :eyes:.

But weirdly enough is it bad if supernatural and magic DOES exist in this universe I want Mrs. Hudson to be a retired-but badass vampire hunter who sometimes do REALLY cool shit but play it off as something normal and “anyone can do it if they try it hard enough :innocent:”. Also I can see her make cookies for Sherlock and Watson after they come home from working.

And, ooooh. Maybe for Watson he used to be a special officer in the supernatural department in the queen’s army, who are usually tasked to eliminate treats the human department deem as dangerous or incapable of wiping out. Watson got charged because of an injury he got on a mission gone wrong :thinking: ( oh wow I’m letting my imagination go wild there :sweat_smile:)

Also would Violet Hunter appear here ? :thinking:

4 Likes

Yes mam

1 Like

I like your example! :joy: :joy: :joy:

So, yes, hopefully. Sometimes it will just be a classic variable switch: Your (adjective) (hand/waist/neck). I also want characters to talk about the MC as if they know what Sherlock looks like, as I think it would add to the immersion.

But I would like to do a few scenes like what you said in your example. But not all in the same scene—more where it makes sense. I have an idea that every decision should have at least 1-2 such unique texts somewhere, but it’s more of an idea right now than a promise—as I would prefer the scene to work first :slight_smile: Reasonably, some choices will get more scenes, and others fewer.

17 Likes

Her hair is an unusual color, chopped off short (by her own hand), and her name is one letter away from “violent hunter”. Clearly she’s the protagonist in some other story than ours. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

8 Likes

That be cool :open_mouth:
I kind of like the idea now too… Ask me again when the full game is out and I might make a spin-off with these ideas :joy: :+1:

6 Likes

@Fardil_Husain :+1: :+1: :+1: (I just noticed they had removed it from my countries netflix… Damn. I wanted to re-watch the Adler episode :cry:)

@Tarlonniel Haha yes omg, you’re so right! I bet her story is amazing… :laughing:

3 Likes

Which idea ? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

All of it I guess? The supernatural spin off game :joy: (you don’t actually have to remind me, I was mostly joking :sweat_smile:)

3 Likes

Oooh…. Sorry i’m really dense at times so there’s moments where I go “huh?”

But I’m really happy you like the ideas since I have a habit to ramble :blush:

1 Like

I like them! I vote for more rambling in this thread! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::blush:

2 Likes

I mean you can always use VPN

2 Likes

There was a supernatural element to the first Robert Downey Jr’s Sherlock Holmes movie. Doing a supernatural Holmes story would just be elementary, my dear Doriana-Gray :joy:

Sorry, i couldn’t resist going ‘Sherlock’ there :joy:

4 Likes

That is true! Though, and it’s been a while since I saw it so I’m probably wrong, but there is no actual “true”/“real” supernatural things in the story right? More a misdirect or something? :face_with_monocle:

4 Likes

No. No actual supernatural things. Just the antagonist trying to throw off Sherlock’s game. You know Sherlock though, that won’t happen :joy:

1 Like

Still actually be cool to do a Supernatural Holmes. You could use that as the title if you decide to write one :blush:

3 Likes

The closest thing to this in canon is probably “the hound of Baskerville”. And even then, it’s not a true supernatural case :sweat_smile:.

Outside of canon, there’s surprisingly a lot. Like Study in Emerald by Neil Gaiman, Shadow over Baker Street , and heck even FGO’s renditions of Sherlock Holmes have supernatural elements :sweat_smile:. Interestingly enough Arthur Conan Doyle in real life is probably a huge believer in magic and believe faes exist so there’s that.

8 Likes

I really enjoy what you have so far. The character creation is really interesting; I can’t wait to see some of these choices be reflected in the game. I was tentatively planning to romance Watson, but you wrote the chemistry between Holmes and Lestrade so well that now I’m waffling!

In only sort of related news, I’m curious which adaption of Holmes is people’s favorite? I am personally partial to Elementary.

6 Likes

The Granada series with Jeremy Brett as Holmes, particularly the first season with David Burke as Watson. It’s the stories I’ve loved since I was seven years old come to life.

5 Likes