The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes - An affair of the heart (WIP) (Minor update: 9 Juli 2022)

I love that new parts with Lestrade. And MC wanting to rest his head on Watson’s shoulder is so cute!

My Sherlock: “Would it be so bad if you both were my friends?”
Me: Just friends? Sure…

2 Likes

I have delayed making a post here for some time…but after reading this very regularly I can do so no longer. I ADORE this story. I have a confession, I’ve never read Sherlock Holmes. I know I know, I’m insane. But if the books are anything like this here story I might just start. I very much love each character and personality here, the way they feel very real and distinct. Also how everyone talks, which really helps me get immersed in the period. Being able to choose our self destructive coping methods is also a great and fun idea, and I look forward to the drama that will create later. I LOVE Watson. And our Sherlock, what a fascinating goober they are! They’re like completely, unhealthily addicted to mysteries! And also a little weird…but in a really good, interesting way, a way that makes them so much fun to interact as. Like you get the sense that, depending on how you play, they really don’t get the rhythm of people too well. I love all of it to bits. Anyway, I hope to follow this here gem to its completion, thank ya very much for the great read.

8 Likes

I love the books. Arthur Conan Doyle’s Sherlock(the original) scorned romance and sexual intimacy and thought it was a waste of time. The author of this game has taken a fair bit of liberty in that regard and gave us the option to make them a big flirt instead, for obvious reasons. But they seem to be as cranky and eccentric as the original.

4 Likes

I’ve never been a mystery-lover book, but this one might be the first one to piqued my interest! Good luck on your work!

3 Likes

@Cecilia_Rosewood @Hiimsice @Tekary That’s very kind! I would love to throw in some little different language stuff in the game to make the world seem more worldly :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: Once I have some fun idea on how to do it I’ll contact you all :smiling_face:

@Taylor_Enean :sparkling_heart: :sparkling_heart: :sparkling_heart: Ohh! Did you like it, the show? I remember really liking it (tho the fourth season was a little… much).

@M_K1 :heart: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Hehehe :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

@Pigeon :heart: That’s very sweet! Can’t believe anyone reads this short game “regularly” :laughing: I would think once or possibly twice is enough, but thank you :flushed:—and do read the stories! They are available for free online :smiling_face:
And, oh hey, you’re name is even quite on theme with the game haha! :laughing:

@bryanhayden555 I remember reading somewhere that Doyle didn’t mind if “someone writes a story where they marry Sherlock off” so I sort of took that and ran with it :sweat_smile:

@Charles_Templeton That’s very kind praise, thank you :heart: :smiling_face:

13 Likes

I loved it. Starting out I doubted it would be good, part of the charm is the Victorian age, but they pulled it of brilliantly. Loved the fourth series too – neatly tied it all together.

1 Like

I’m glad to hear it! :smiling_face: :sparkling_heart: and there are plenty of other Sherlock Holmes renditions to check out if you ever want more Sherlock related content :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :+1:

7 Likes