The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes - An affair of the heart (WIP) (Ch 5: 10 Nov 2023)

@Suzuno_TheNekoGirl :heart: :heart: :heart:
Yes and no, you can’t end the game in a poly type relationship, but you can build something romantic with both of them at the same time until very close to the end, and get LT type content about that. Quite like wayhaven book 1 :slight_smile:

@ydefsoul :sweat_smile: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

@Hiimsice :sparkling_heart: :sparkling_heart: :sparkling_heart:

I’m sure the MC will get an opportunity to do so :kissing_smiling_eyes:

@TheDiamondTyrant :heart: :heart: :heart: Grace gladly accepts the needed support :heart: :heart: :heart:

@Cingulum_diaboli

:hushed: :laughing: hadn’t thought of that! And that picture is brilliant :heart_eyes: did I imagine it or did I read one shouldn’t give bread to pigeons anymore :thinking:

@LiliArch You can call them idiots! (tho it was Lestrade who bought, or at the very least ordered extra sandwiches according to MCs preferences, so you are technically calling L an idiot. And then they get very hurt :cry:)

11 Likes

:sparkles: :heart: :sparkling_heart: :heart: :sparkling_heart: :heart: :sparkles:
@Kirlett :sob: :pleading_face: You really are the best!

I thought of that scene similarly to this meme :joy::

Just very soft banter and playful vibe :heart:

:joy: :joy: :joy:

Aww, yeah. I understand that—but please remember that the game isn’t very punishing with romance points! Especially not with W :slight_smile: Friendship points are important too, and their friendship scenes can be just as intimate as the romantic ones :heart:

:smiling_face: :sparkling_heart: :sparkling_heart: :sparkling_heart:

12 Likes

That’s true :neutral_face:

but there is option that Sherlock doesn’t know anything about birds! :sweat_smile: :joy:

4 Likes

:joy: :joy: :joy: True!

1 Like

I know, but I didn’t want to insult them, just joke a bit. (My Sherlock actually appreciates the food. I have a headcanon that he tends to forget to eat. Also I’m pretty sure he knows it’s Lestrade and internally just rolls his eyes “yeah, sure, because you just can’t admit you don’t want me to starve”)

But I digress. The sandwich-dropping is golden.

And that advice is newer that Sherlock’s time anyway, no?

2 Likes

Alright, your choice and I respect it ! But still, I’m eager for the next release ! ^^

2 Likes

Ooh, yes! That’d be very helpful, thank you :grin: Take your time, your game is great. You’d rather have quality over quantity, remember! Take care of yourself :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I loved the little additions! And I adore Lestrade and Watson so much. They really compliment quirky, obsessive Sherlock so well. Lestrade is such a moody, tired boy but you can tell he cares, and Waston’s obvious crush is adorable.

5 Likes

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: haha, thx! I have a habit of writing things I find too silly at the moment of conception and being so close to deleting them until I remember readers seem to prefer those choices and things :smile: :blush: So I’m glad they are appreciated :heart:

@Suzuno_TheNekoGirl I’m afraid only one of the ROs are really capable of having a healthy poly relationship at the time the game is set :smiling_face_with_tear: but if that ever changes or I make a sequel where the ROs feel more comfortable in relationships I’ll let you know! :smiling_face:

@Hunter47268 :blush: :heart: :blush: Take care of yourself too!

@AkaneTheAssassin :sparkling_heart: :sparkling_heart: :sparkling_heart:

I love your summery of them–it’s extremely accurate :laughing: :+1:

13 Likes

I suck at words so I can’t fully express my adoration for this wonderful book-game-thing you have created dear author.

Also will old Frank be making a comeback in the next chapters? that guy is great.

1 Like

:heart::heart::heart:

Yes!!! And I’m so glad someone asked about frank! :laughing::heart_eyes: he will be back, and he will remember how you treated him :relieved: whenever you need a Hansom cab, he will be there—whether you or he likes it or not :grimacing:

14 Likes

Will there be instances in the story where Sherlock gets to don disguises, change their accent and speak different languages?
Just like in the book.

4 Likes

Im so excited for this game! Literally on the edge of my seat looking out for new updates :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Heh, turning Watson into a blubbering fool by flirting with him is my favorite part so far.

9 Likes

@Jumpy_hamster Probably, but I can’t promise it will be a thing that happens to all players right now :thinking: There probably won’t be huge texts in different languages (tho some words/sentences here and there in French and Latin, and maybe some Spanish), because I am really only fluent in two languages. If there were large dialogues in other languages it would probably be translated into english and explained it was in a different language :slightly_smiling_face:

@Kyrkegrim :smiling_face: :heart: :heart:

@bric Those moments are some of my favourites to write haha :laughing: The silly little doctor is too cute when flustered :smiling_face:

8 Likes

If you ever need anything in Dutch (Sherlock, or at least some versions of them, seems like just the kind of nerd to learn pretty niche languages just because they can) let me know, and I’ll be happy to write out some snippets including translations :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Well said! I would like to second that. If you need something in Brazilian Portuguese just poke me. If it’s coherence and fluency you’re worried about, I’m sure there are at least a few people that would enjoy helping you. For some, it’s a rare opportunity to talk a bit about our culture, and it can be quite fun.

2 Likes

I am going to join in and offer my knowledge of czech. I love your story and would be happy to help if you ever need it. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Having recently (finally) watched Sherlock with Benefical Cucumberpatch (Benedict Cumberbatch) from 2010 I am even more eager to play this and put my own spin on Ye Olde Tales of dear Holmes and Watson.

Looking forward to more adventures in your lyrical universe, quite delightful ones I am certain. :relaxed:

6 Likes

I love that new parts with Lestrade. And MC wanting to rest his head on Watson’s shoulder is so cute!

My Sherlock: “Would it be so bad if you both were my friends?”
Me: Just friends? Sure…

3 Likes