The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes - An affair of the heart (WIP) (Ch 5: 10 Nov 2023)

Has anyone seen the movie “They Might Be Giants” starring George C Scott and Joanne Woodward?

In my mind My Holmes and Watson are like those two characters

1 Like

My pleasure. :slight_smile:

Moriarty will not be appearing in this game, because they’re WRITING IT, apparently. >_>

Yay!

4 Likes

Very nice update! Was fun to play through again.

As always falling for the lovely Grace Lestrade, our lovable grump! <3

Very interested to see what happens next.

4 Likes

I really enjoyed the update. Keep up the good work :smiley:

1 Like

This simply has to get published someday, it’s so creative

3 Likes

I lovedlovedlovedlovedLOVED the update @Doriana-Gray, congrats on being an amazing writer/storyteller :sparkling_heart: :sparkling_heart: :sparkling_heart:

I really liked the tone of this update, how Sherlock can be so brilliant and senseless at the same time!!! Like, it’s so funny to think of a prim and proper Sherlock SCREECHING at a bird because they are so knowledgeable about this particular kind!!! And Watson putting up with their antics, lmao such a great scene 10/10

I also love aaaaaaaaaaaaaall the customization choices, i’m a sucker for pretty dresses and jewels and fancy hairdos :sparkles: :dress: :lipstick: I’m super in love with the clothing choices, I’m so happy I can pick cute, adorable clothes for my Sherlock!! Sorry not sorry for raving, this game has a lot of things that make me happy.

Will the ROs ever find out about what Sherlock keeps in their pocket? THAT would be great, especially with certain choices, like:

31 Likes

nooooo watson!!! weren’t you paying attention??? the poison is highly soluble, you need to watch your drink :,(

7 Likes

:smirk: :smirk: :smirk:

@TheDiamondTyrant :heart: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :heart: Yayyyy! Grace love—love to see it! :heart_eyes: :sparkles:

:heart: :heart: :heart:

Aww, that is very sweet! Thank you :face_holding_back_tears: :heart:

@Dannie !!! OMG—Your message made me happy!! :heart_eyes: :heart: :joy: :joy: :joy: And your scenario is so brilliant—and too true!!! :rofl:
Each outfit also have two ROs that like it (a little extra)—if I remember correctly, the cute/charming one is loved by H and W the most.

:smirk: :smirk: :smirk:

Sherlock would never… right? :kissing:

7 Likes

oh, MY sherlock would never – i’m obviously a huge watson simp xDD

Edit:

That perfectly describes it, and i love it too xD

2 Likes

I love a simp + simp, it’s very cute :blush: :ok_hand: :sparkles:

8 Likes

When will we be able to meet them?

6 Likes

Next chapter, I guess.

2 Likes

Yes! Next chapter and update :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: like @Cingulum_diaboli said :blush: H is very excited to see you all :kissing_closed_eyes: (and I’m very excited for you all to meet them!)

23 Likes

My Sherlock’s enthusiasm at meeting:

“Oh, one of the fancy idiots wants my help?Probably it’s some trivial thing again, like stolen trinket or blackmail over past affair…”

comes back to sleep curled up in his armchair

5 Likes

I’ve been stalking this thread for some time now, but was reluctant to play the demo because I am not a big fan of the “old times” :sweat_smile: & I was sure I wouldn’t like it…well…I guess I am in L O V E now with this :black_heart:
I played the demo with different paths & ROs. I just wanted to say that the writing is absolutely beautiful, it flows so nice & is easy to read. It was such a pleasure to be immersed in this world and the case, I love the characters, the set & flow of the scenes & how the world around Sherlock works. I truly am sooooo happy that I read it, because it is amazing, I cannot wait for the next update!

aaaand I’m so intrigued about X & hope they will be…maybe a RO? :triangular_flag_on_post::skull::heart:

6 Likes

Whyyyyy, ty!!! I also had a good laugh writing it lol An uber-smart but with -1000 common sense Sherlock is great, lotsa potential for disaster :rofl:

FR??? I’m unintentionaly making Watson’s ideal Sherlock xd Lemme guess everyone’s favs:

• Proper/Formal: H and… Lestrade? Idk, 100% sure of H tho.
  • Daring/Bold: Adler (def A :rofl: :rofl:) and ??? Not Lestrade, they would combust on the spot xd, but I can’t see Watson interested in a plunging neckline. Idk, pls throw me a hint :pray:
  • Cute/Charming: H and W, confirmed.
  • Simple/Plain: L and Adler? Or Watson, but Lestrade I’m super sure.

:star_struck: :partying_face:

Oblivious + simp is also a great combination, def funnier to watch :rofl:

4 Likes

A beautifully written work of art. I love it, adore it, cherish it.

3 Likes

(i rewrote your comment as a bad haiku xD)

3 Likes

This work is awesome! I love Lestrade and Watson. When Lestrade (male for mine) offered us half the sandwich I knew he was the one. He’s adorable. And Watson is so nice to the MC, got to feed our gremlin. And I got a bird, so… we’ll see where that goes. I can’t wait to see the other ro’s too! But take your time!

4 Likes

Aww :kissing_closed_eyes: I currently have planned some cosy H moments, so this will work really well. I have planned 2 versions of their romance, one which is “power couple equal partners” and one which is basically “H takes care of MC like a bird with a broken wing”—which one do you think your MC might fall into? (I might also add a third—flirty improper frenemy MC towards proper H, but im still working out the kinks there).

@Van1llaPudd1ng :face_holding_back_tears::face_holding_back_tears::face_holding_back_tears: :heart: Aww, I think this is going to be one of those comments I return to over and over to when I feel low :heart: Thank you so much for your words! Which was your favourite RO so far you think? :smiling_face:

X is… well they are different than the rest. But I can say that… I know exactly what you all want with X, and I have no intentions of disappointing y’all with that :laughing: :heart:

Close!! :laughing:
It’s
Proper/formal (its also rich and very trendy outfit) so: A and H
Daring/sexy: A and L :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: (L has a habit of liking things that are bad for them…)
Cute/charming: H and W
Simple/plain: W and L

:smile: True!!

@i_like_haikus :heart: :heart: :heart:

@Anatoly_Crenshaw :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:
Awww :face_holding_back_tears: I’m glad u like em!!!

:joy: :joy: :joy:

The next one is coming in the coming update :smiling_face: And then the final one at the ball :kissing_heart:

16 Likes