The Abyssal (WIP) - 11/23 DEMO Update. Play as death itself!

I’m picturing this now… Death eating the last slice of Pizza, because of whoever passes as Mischief in this setting was bored and told them it wasn’t already claimed even though it was, and instead of a brief brawl it escalates to a millennia-old feud.

15 Likes

Enjoyed the demo when I played it look forward to seeing more. Will say depending on how things play out no matter the consequences there might be a few less gods roaming around if given the chance lol exspecially with what little I’ve seen and how I feel my death god was before. Yet it’s all the posibilitys that I’m looking forward to seeing how they go.

3 Likes

While I bet the actual reasons are probably bloodier, darker, and more traumatic than pizza thieves, I definitely believe that millennials of this kind of thing between gods will result in long lasting hate. :rofl:

Thinking of unbearable sibling rivalries for . . . thousands of years sound freaking exhausting.

Chamion - “Death NEVER GETS his own pizza and always mooches off mine! :sob: Why he do dis to me? I WILL STAB HIM SOMEDAY!”

There comes the personal little vendettas like the author says. :sweat_smile: And yes, that would be definitely criminal offense, whether it happened just once or throughout eternity.

14 Likes

@Nadelesc That is right, a dominion will have one chance at creating a god, if the god dies the dominion will still exist. The only exception to this rule is Death and Sol, if any of them dies reality would shatter for the balance of life and death keeps all dominions in perfect balance.

@King2 It’s set in a medieval fantasy world, and it passes in a different world than ours, though a few things are shared between the two, like a few animals and such.

@Valixon You will definitely be given a choice to off a god or two, rest assured! hahah. Glad that you like it!

@Veraynea Hahah loving Chamion’s pettiness in this one, but it does sound like something he would do :joy: Though his reasons to want revenge against Death are much more bloody!! But like you said, there a thousands of years worth of squabbles to unpack hah!

13 Likes

So that’s why we where imprisoned and not killed

3 Likes

So if let’s say death died just death what would happen apart from everyone who dies get stuck in like a loop of there death

2 Likes

I think the author said reality itself would come crashing down as death is essential in preserving the balance of life, the other being sol

6 Likes

What I am saying through cause it could be different if let’s say sol was alive and death died cause sol is to do with life

1 Like

I could picture that causing a paradox though.

3 Likes

Reality would still be destroyed as the balance is upset. That’s most likely the reason why death was imprisoned instead of killed, because if death was killed then all of reality would die with it.

6 Likes

It may even be that we, like death, did something out of love for something in creation, call it another god or entity, we did something for them or they did something that most gods did not like at all and they condemned us in agony. Like Prometheus when he brought fire to humanity. But alternatively it may be feasible that we are someone’s scapegoat because perhaps out of appreciation for another god or creature we take the blame to avoid that loved one suffering from punishment for actions that put him in conflict with the rest of the pantheon.

2 Likes

Did we reap the soul of one of Chamion’s Demi god children and he’s still pissed about that?

2 Likes

@Custodes Exactly!

@Harley_Robin_Evans and @King2 King’s right! However reality wouldn’t just be destroyed immediately, things would slowly dissolve into chaos as the fabric of reality gradually unraveled. The balance is not capable of being maintained without the constant flow of the great river of souls, which currents are directly tied to Death. The same would happen if said everyone would turn into immortals, there would be no souls to feed the great river, things would also start to slowly come apart.

@Frankex_2272 The idea of death taking the blame for something a loved one did is totally plausible, or even trying to protect them from doing something they would ultimately regret. :wink:

@kingzug Anything I say here would be a spoiler soo you guys will have to wait and see haha! :sweat_smile:

18 Likes

great demo can’t wait for more keep up the great work

2 Likes

Will there be more than one game or no

2 Likes

@Harley_Robin_Evans I’m still thinking about that, but at least three books are planned.

11 Likes

Awesome dude can’t wait just be carful you never loose the work and keep it saved and everything

4 Likes

Ohoho, natural? :eyes: maybe my imagination is wilder than them :joy:

So it was necessary to stab Death 7 times in addition to restraining them with the magical chain to keep them in place :thinking: as expected of the oldest God. So powerful.

I bet they all mad at Death for stacking +4 cards in Uno.

21 Likes

I really enjoy games where the mc is a deity. I really want to see this completed :ok_hand: the demo alone surpassed my expectations. Keep it up! I will buy this as soon as it’s complete!

10 Likes

@Harley_Robin_Evans Ohh i’m being careful, currently I have the game saved in four different places! I’m not taking any chances.

@Yasumin Ohh boy, you are in for a treat, they can be pretty Wild… :smirk:
Yep, Death is indeed powerful, however, that’s still one more method they used to keep Death contained… So Death is even more powerful than you initially thought.

@Rahdbaan Thank youu! That really means a lot!

18 Likes