The Abyssal (WIP) - 11/23 DEMO Update. Play as death itself!

I miss the discussions and theories. Please people, this is the only way in wich I can fill the void inside me until the next update. So, here is a question and a theory. What do you all think Deaths next move will be? I think the first thing will be to find a location to hide until they recover their full strenght (and fast, considering their escape was anything but quiet). Maybe they will sense Éoin as their last follower and hide by them? Unless little brother has a place already prepared?

11 Likes

I believe our MC will most likely either have a few more flashbacks perhaps. Then as you said our Brother might have set up a place for recovery for us. But I believe we might be given the decision between going to this hideout or as you mentioned we might sense Éoin. But there’s also now the other gods that would have sensed our presence since our escape. So if you’re friends or romantically involved with Sol he might zap to our aid or even even Amorr if they were romantically involved with our MC. But I do hope we get a choice of where we can recuperate till our revenge, especially on those Twins :smiling_imp:
3208d13b9a7f6f7dc7f4ed68c7737bb1190b7eb0b590dd76ddcf2b5e32cf3f33

30 Likes

I cant predict romanced or friend Sol. We really need more information. We still dont know why he betrayed us. And Amorr, I thought she was a romance option but like the normal ones. I mean, not one where we were a couple before the imprisonment. That is how I interpreted it, at least.
YEEEEESSS. REVENGE. Good to see another one who understands that some acctions deserve consequences. I am going to enjoy showing them the monster they created. MUAHAHAHAHA.
Now that I think about it, the posibility that our brother has a hiding place prepared is very high. After all he has to hide too now. And our rescue must have been very well planned in advance (he had millennia for it, after all).
I wonder also, how much time we would need to recover our power?. And how drastic would be the measures that the other gods would take to find us before then? I don’t know what I would prefer: that the gods are terrified of our return or that they are foolish enough to no longer remember that we were the top dog before. I can see the twins falling into the later category. However, considering Helmos is the god of strategy I hope to see some redeeming qualities. I mean, he cant be an imbecile, right? Helga, being the goddes of fighting could rely on instinct, but strategy requires brains, right?

11 Likes

If memory doesn’t fail me, Sol didn’t know the specifics of what they were trying to do until the last moment. And they kept him away while they were imprisoning MC. By the time Sol reached MC, there was nothing to do.

I have doubts regarding the hideout tho. Something tells either brother doesn’t have one at the ready or the others will find it soon enough. I do think it’s more possible to find our last believer first, I bet that having one single believer will be like a lighthouse in a storm, impossible not to notice.

I usually play a ‘‘too kind for this world’’ MC so I’m really curious to play a character who is set on the revenge from a get-go, or at least seems so adamant in the whole ‘‘you made me the villain.’’

19 Likes

sooo, does anyone have any good theory, so we can pass the time until the next one?

2 Likes

not really a theory but eh, what is your Death’s plan for the followers of the other gods, specifically the ones that participated in the purge of your Death’s followers

8 Likes

well, I will do my job, if you catch my meaning

11 Likes

And you say my way is the bad way.

4 Likes

aight, maybe I’m a bit vengeful, I can’t help it the writing of this tale just feels me with emotion

13 Likes

Honestly, after the whole ordeal, I just would like to find a nice corner to lie down on and rest. I mean revenge or not, is a bit of peace and quiet in the deep of a forest too much to ask for? After literal thousands of years of torture? I’d be too physical and emotionally tired to anything else for a while.

11 Likes

True :rofl:, but me personally (or my MC to be precise) I would first want to lay low for maybe a week or a month at most first, from all the mental drama I got to get through(from betrayal or just the torture). Then after that I’d go check on my bro, then my pet. And once that’s sorted I’d go get geared up for revenge first on my nemeses those Twins firstly. But just before that I’d see a beacon of my one true worshiper Éoin, then actually fall hard for their shy cute nature. And forget about revenge for awhile. Till one day the Twins pitch up to do something stupid I don’t know let’s say something like hold Éoin hostage in front of my MC then I go full Jonh Wick on their a**es.:rofl::smiling_imp:

:arrow_up: Never has a truer word been spoken
Just watched Jonh Wick film earlier today (I have No idea why never watched it earlier :sunglasses:) so don’t judge me to badly for the memes :sweat_smile:

21 Likes

I 100% support your plans. Obliterate their asses, and you get Éoin. Win-win.

4 Likes

I would not even do anything to them while alive. I just would go to the center of their religion, make something so they pay attention, tell them: Hi, I’m the god of the dead. Wich means that one of this days I am going to be your god and your soul will belong to me BEFORE going back to the great river. Said shortly, you are fu**ed. Enjoy your life, because you will certainly not enjoy your deaths. Bye. Ah, and before I forget, you could always try and win my forgiveness by slaughtering the followers of the other gods. Who knows? maybe it works. No promises. Just a little hope.

Then I am going to create a holyday where I release the tortured souls for one night, so that the living can acctually see what awaits them.

13 Likes

same, I would take a month or two to get some well deserved rest, chill with my pet, our lil bro, and our wraith workers, then I would put on some armor for the style, take my spectral halberd and become a more proactive death god

8 Likes

I like how you think, I can’t say I will do the same, but I like how you think.

Personally, initially I would do the same as you, go in there and put things straight about which god really matters at the end of the day, but after, I don’t see a reason to personally judge them, they are only fallowing what till now they believed to be the truth, that being said, the actual warriors and soldiers of our little brothers and sisters have chosen their side, and I’m sure there are many warriors that are loyal to us in the other side, all we have to do is ask for help, and offer a hand to our undead hordes

10 Likes

This games seems to be dead since it hasn’t updated at all since the first I read it. Might as well move on to something else

3 Likes

I want to have hope, after FAWR I want keep hopeful

15 Likes

Totally agreed, plus writing is a slow and long process for some authors. :eyes: Either because of life or just not enough creative juices flowing.

17 Likes

Double agreed. Plus this isn’t that long compared to some of WIPs updates I’ve watched for, so not even fazed tbh. The Wight King is a primo example. The content so far makes me think it’d be worth the wait anyway.

23 Likes

its not dead, they are just taking their time is all. there are Ro character sheets and little side stories on patreon that they are uploading all the time

12 Likes