The Abyssal (WIP) - 11/23 DEMO Update. Play as death itself!

I wish for it too, but we probably won’t get one. Also there ARE a lot of ROs already and I wouldn’t like to push author for another RO just to make it seem equal

18 Likes

The author has plenty of ro’s as is. All but 2 are gender flipable so if you choose so there are plenty female ro’s it’s insanely inconsiderate to ask an author that is putting so much work into their story to add another ro when there are plenty as is. It takes a lot of coding and writing, which is an insane amount of work and time.

37 Likes

I love my Death, but I have a question. When on the battle field you can choose how Death takes a soul (of course I went with Death’s kiss after keeping Deaths face hidden under a veil because very poetic )
does Death have control of when they can take a soul or is it a automatic thing where the person they are touching is marked for death? I have headcannon’s that my Death was incredibly worried to kiss Sol at first because they didnt want to accidentally kill him.

10 Likes

What’s going to happen if the MC crushed the soul stone necklace? It says it’ll have far reaching implications.

2 Likes

Not the author nor do I play one on tv, but since you are asking the author to go to the trouble of doing extra work, you might actually consider giving the author a reason to do so.

What difference does it make? What does an RO that stays female no matter what the player wants actually add to the game that the gender flippable ROs do not?

4 Likes

It’s plenty fair having multiple gender flipable and only 2 set genders. If you do not like it then write your own or don’t read it, it’s that simple. It is the authors work not yours. They are choosing to share it with us, which they don’t have to do.

35 Likes

Honestly, the whole gender issue shouldn’t be brought up repeatedly when the author has been patient thus far about it and constantly stating that they aren’t going to be changing anything gender wise. Having so many romances with only 2 being fixed genders is perfectly fine and if the author doesn’t want to change it then they shouldn’t be constantly badgered about it. Making a game with so many romances is already a ton of work and time, they shouldn’t be hounded constantly to add to the work load if they don’t want to change a gender in the first place. It’s kind of rude and even inconsiderate that they’ve repeatedly said they won’t and why they won’t yet some people are asking repeatedly as if that would change the answer.

50 Likes

I’m definitely gunna have too play this game multiple times when it comes out. I always romance sol, cause like the story says it’s very romantic that the gods of life and death are married. Buuuuut, I’m definitely gunna have too romance Éoin since he is our only worshiper. Hopefully I can make him an immortal priest, preaching too gain followers. Lol

6 Likes

Look, i get it. One of the things that makes this wip so great is the angst and the Sol romance is obviously the one with the most angst. That romance seems to change the story almost completely (or at least it makes it feel diferent) and by making it gender locked it blocks those who cant make themselves play a male romance from a diferent experience. I understand it because I am one of them (or us i suppose). However, this has already been discussed and requested. An answer was given. To continue to insist would cause undue pressure on the autor. Just let it be.

9 Likes

It coud be considered unfair because there exist the opinion that gender locked romances are of higher quality (not my opinion really, i prefer it when there is none gender locked). But anyway, since when has live been fair. Its the authors desicion.

4 Likes

my point exactly but it’s the author’s decision so move on

3 Likes

Answering your second question (Deaths race): maybe the reapers? But they didnt seem to have much self awareness. Maybe Sol or Namur made modifications to them? If so, one of them coud be the one to be managing your domain in your absence.
Imagine coming back and seeing that your reapers, wich were like machines, not only have changed, but have been doing your job. And who can gess how they would react to you.

1 Like

I very much enjoyed this demo. There were some grammatical errors, but I did really enjoy the overall setting presented thus far. I’ll be very curious to learn more about the circumstances that led to the MC’s imprisonment. As it stands, I’m sort of playing my MC as being a bit all over the place emotionally. Angry, nostalgic, numb. Sort of feels appropriate when even I’m not really sure what to make of the other gods yet. What they did to the MC is pretty abhorrent, but I definitely don’t see why some of them seemed to agree it. Especially the MC’s brother or Sol if he’s your lover. I’m definitely gonna be interested to find out why.

4 Likes

Little brother didnt seem to know about it. He was tricked into making the chains.

2 Likes

Yeah, I caught that he didn’t know about the pain thing as far as the chains are concerned. Him being tricked into making them would make sense.

2 Likes

It’s good now :grin:

Same, I’ll romance any gender with any gender character so it doesn’t really make a difference to me but the issue’s more so players who are only interested in romancing women possibly getting blindsided. Gamers getting blindsided never goes over well. :grimacing:

10 Likes

Correct me if I’m wrong but is it not stated that Amorr can take either a male or female physical form and/or pronouns to suit the mc’s preferences, I mean surely that the same as having them as gender selectable?

2 Likes

Yes they will, but they are still gender fluid and normally go by they/them until they go by Deaths preference.

3 Likes

sweet, sweet angst. I’m here for it.

2 Likes

@Nephitos There won’t be another RO added, sorry. And about the race that was ‘created’ by Death, you will have to wait and see hahah.

@Starkness Yes, Death has total control of how and/or when they reap a soul, but in some specific situations they can lose control. I love that headcannon btw! :blush:

@Mellie_Fortuna Well… I wouldn’t want to spoil it for you, what I can say is that is going to be angsty, even more so if Death regrets it.

@jefaulmann

Interesting, very interesting.

@Frazer In theory Amorr is gender selectable, but the difference between them and the other gender selectable ROs is that they have the ability of taking the gender and appearance Death likes best, which will open interesting dialogues options, and for that it didn’t seem appropriate to put them in the same category.

36 Likes