Temple of Endless Night (Released!)

Out of context, this is a rather funny sentence.

6 Likes

I have something Iā€™m curious about! When Menkaureā€™s sanity is below 50 and you get to the forceful kissing scene, if you choose to banish him to the room, will that be the last time you see him in the game? Or does that come to effect you later on in the story?

2 Likes

The fact that you banish him will not change the ending of the game. However, I feel like I should point out that right before the kiss Menkaure mentions that your presence alone managed to weaken the seal on the doorā€¦

1 Like

New progress update on Tumblr and Patreon!
Basically, Iā€™m working on Chapter 5. I also released a preview for Chronicles of Sekherion. You can find the link here.

5 Likes

A new update is here!
The new update adds ca. 8500 words to the game and lets you pick your path for the rest of the game. At the moment, only three (out of eight) paths have actual content. The others will take you to the ā€œto be continuedā€ scene.

Finished paths : Freeing Menkaure, Poisoning (Alchemy), Cleansing.

Changelog
8 September 2020

• Added the first part of Chapter 5 (ca. 8500 words, excluding code).
  • Fixed some spelling errors.

The remaining paths will be uploaded probably one per day for the rest of this week.

25 Likes

Yes!! Itā€™s time for my alchemist to shine!!

Donā€™t have time to play atm what with the start of classes :skull: but Iā€™m very excited for the branching and will be devoting time to play the update very soon! I admire that your updates have been so steady; congrats on hitting 100k words!!

2 Likes

@Aerin Thank you! It does feel like a milestone! :blush:

Also! Iā€™d like to run another poll.
Question: What are your three favorite classes?

• Scholar
  • Priest(ess)
  • Alchemist
  • Rogue
  • Singer
  • Spellsword
  • Mercenary
  • Soldier

0 voters

6 Likes

Changelog
9 September 2020

• Added another path - infiltration - to Chapter 5 (ca. 3000 words, excluding code).
  • Changed some commas in Chapters 0-5.
9 Likes

How and when can the MC meet Menkaure? I havenā€™t met him in the demo so far and i donā€™t know if I just missed or if my choices kinda made the MC skip that part out. Also is a poly between Myrine and Persenet allowed?

1 Like

Iā€™ve answered this question on Tumblr. Iā€™ll just copy the answer below, alright? :upside_down_face:

How does one unlock Menkaure?

Menkaure is the secret romance of the game because he canā€™t be romanced or even met by most classes. Your character needs to be very well educated to be able to translate the inscriptions you notice in Chapter 1.

You need 20+ education to be able to notice the inscriptions when you enter the cave for the first time.

A bit later, when you can choose what you want to do before you go to sleep, you need to pick the ā€œI want to study those weird symbols (ā€¦)ā€ option.

If you do both those things, youā€™ll be able to translate the symbols as long as you have these stats: education>=30, knowledge of netjeru>=26, willpower>=40. This should make Menkaure come to you in a dream.

In short, when you consider these stats, you realize that only scholars, priests, singers and alchemists can romance Menkaure.

Unfortunately, there are no polyamorous relationships in Temple of Endless Nights.

Thank you for playing!

6 Likes

Story keeps getting better and better. It has such an intriguing flow I finished it in a what feels like a second. I was also extremely disappointed when demo ended. Really excited about new updates

2 Likes

@EmirAli Thank you! Iā€™m glad youā€™re enjoying the story!

@Dariel It says under the ā€˜Progressā€™ bar that Chapters 7 and 8 will be closed beta only. When the time comes, are you going to ask for beta-testers on the forum? Or where will you post about it? I want to know ahead of time, so I can volunteer when you do! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Thatā€™s a really good question, and I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever talked about this in too much detail before. This may still change, but Iā€™m thinking of doing it in three groups.

1. Iā€™ll ask the people on my Patreon - up to 5 spots (out of 20).
  2. Iā€™ll ask for people on Tumblr to send me a PM - up to 5 spots.
  3. Iā€™ll make a post (probably not a new topic) here - up to 10 spots.

Feel free to join whichever group you want! :blush:

5 Likes

So I got a couple things from chapter 5:

things

When looking into Apepisā€™ room, if you dont pick the third option when it appears you are locked.
When inviting Myrine ā€œI donā€™ like this, Nameā€ missing a t
Same page, the check seems broken, she both accepts and refuses to help.

1 Like

Iā€™m pretty sure I broke somethingā€¦ :see_no_evil: Iā€™m only getting those 3 paths:

• Consider using magic to destroy this place once and for all. [To be done!]
  • Consider infiltrating the underground part of the temple.
  • Try to figure out how to escape this place. [To be done!]

Where is my free Menkaure option ? :sob:

2 Likes

Can we meet Menkeure at all if weā€™re not scholar/priest/singer? Not as romance path but will he show up at some point in other routes?

1 Like

This update is all about emergency fixes .

Changelog:

• Infiltration route - fixed a couple of bugs in code that could have put you in a loop.
  • Fixed a bug that made Z/M both agree and disagree to help you.
  • Fixed some typos in Chapter 5.

Note: Old saves may no longer be working properly because I had to implement a couple of changes to variables. You may have to restart.

If youā€™re romancing Menkaure and you get an option to free him in Chapter 5, then your saves are fine.

You can also meet him as an alchemist.
Menkaure isnā€™t really connected to the main story and will not appear in the game unless you decide to romance him. He will remain imprisoned.

As I wrote above, itā€™s be wonderful is someone could confirm that. Also, did anyone manage to get that option in CH 5? Edit: Confirmed!

7 Likes

I actually got the option to free Menkaure, but i had to restart the game for it to appear.

2 Likes

@Shun Thank you so much for this quick response! In that case, my assumption was correct and old saves no longer work.

2 Likes