Temple of Endless Night (Released!)

I like it so far! Even without physical descriptors as mentioned above, I could get a feel for the characters based on the dialogue.

In the beginning, when trying to choose to be a thief, i get: prologue line 691: Invalid expression at char 17, expected OPERATOR, was: STRING [“Untrained”].

1 Like

@syzygy Thank you for your feedback! I have fixed the bug.

Also, I’d like to run a quick poll. Feel free to vote!
Question: Should your patron deity warn you when you’re about to do something that might end with your death?

• Yes.
  • No.
  • Only if your favor is high enough.

0 voters

2 Likes

Changelog
16 July 2020

• Added the first part of Chapter 1 (ca. 5800 words, excluding code).
  • Fixed a few spelling errors.

The next update will add the second part of the Chronicle of the Kingdom of Egypt and the next portion of Chapter 1.

Please, report any bugs! :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

This is shaping up to be really good. I love the setting and the unique class/specialization choices you give also. Not to mention the character interactions while brief are fun and interesting

2 Likes

My character was a mage, but I chose the ‘Ra will protect me’ option. The text says I am not a mage.

1 Like

I think it probably has to do with a magic skill threshold or something like maybe you know magic but you’re just not a big enough badass :man_shrugging:t2: I’m a spellsword and it said the same thing

1 Like

Changelog
17 July 2020

• Added the second part of Chapter 1 (ca. 2500 words, excluding code).
  • Added new names for all genders (1 per gender).
  • Added a few paragraphs (introduction of a new plotline) to the first part of Ch1.
  • Fixed the “while you are no mage” bug.

The next update will add the third (out of five) part of Chapter 1. Note: The next part will introduce the second Love Interest. He (male) may be a bit tricky to romance (or even meet), and I consider him to be the secret romance. However, he is not the true route or anything like that. There is no such thing in this game.

@Diandra Thank you for reporting these bugs! You’re being incredibly helpful!

@Nick_Miller Thank you for your feedback! I’m glad you like the class system.

Also, I want to thank everyone who voted in the poll! You’re all amazing.

5 Likes

This looks like a very promising start, especially with the magic involved. I hope that we will be able to do amazing magic feats in order to fight off whatever is lurking in there. Also, the system of sanity is intriguing too. However, I wonder to what extent it will affect how ROs and MC operate during situation. Is it something like going insane and starting to hurt other people? Or something less grotesque as in temporarily being unperceptive to the surrounding environment?

2 Likes

Got this trying to train with the mercenary

1 Like

@Mei_Hiroshi I’m truly glad you like it. You will definitely be able to cast interesting spells and perform certain rituals. I don’t want to spoil too much, but I think I can reveal that there will be many different endings to the story. There’ll be some endings available to everyone, and then there’ll be “special” endings with specific requirements. Every class will have a special ending reserved only for that class. Romances also add extra endings.

Your sanity bar can make you go mad. You’ll no longer be able to tell what’s real and what’s not. If you get a relatively “good” ending, but your sanity is very low, bad things can still happen. The same goes for your companions. I’d like to notice that the “thing” that happens during the investigation in Ch1 (when you climb) doesn’t have to be real. At this point, you can’t say anything for sure. Btw, MC’s reactions to certain events (their thoughts - the ones you pick) do affect their sanity bar.

@Nick_Miller Thanks! I’ll fix it right away.

@Nick_Miller I think it should work now. If it doesn’t, please do tell me! :sweat_smile:
Also, only certain reactions lower your sanity bar. You can investigate the scene and stil manage to keep your sanity in tact.

And I love the fact that he’s a “supposed missing worker:joy:

Fun fact: If you play a Scholar, you’ll actually know a bit more about the workers, and you’ll get an extra choice when picking your motivation.

@Konoi I hope you like the update!

2 Likes

Hm. Maybe I’d be better off not trying so hard to find the supposed missing worker :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve experienced that in the previous demo. Man, I hope I’ll have the time to play this update today!

1 Like

I’d like to run another poll.
Question: Would you like me to create a separate page in the Stats Menu with translations of all Egyptian phrases and texts used in the game?

• Yes.
  • No.

0 voters

If you have a different idea, leave a comment below.

Some minor typos below, also just finished the update and it is still looking great and keeping me excited for your progress :grin:

1 Like

Also i just realized I goofed the resolution on these screenshots a bit so it may be a bit tough to pinpoint the scenes they’re from :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Changelog
18 July 2020

• Added a translation page to the Stats Menu.
  • Fixed the spelling errors found by @Nick_Miller.

@Nick_Miller Thank you for pointing them out!

3 Likes

Changelog
18 July 2020

• Added more purity changes (to already existing content).
  • Added one more thing the MC can do before they go to sleep (ca. 1000 words, excluding code). Just be careful, guys. Oh, and you should get a warning if your favor is high enough.

I wanted to add more content today, but the day is just really weird and my energy is very inconsistent.

5 Likes

Thank you for your reply earlier. If I may ask one more question: what is purity stats? How does it work and what it affects? Thanks in advance for your time :blush:

2 Likes

@Mei_Hiroshi Purity is kind of like a magical shield. It grows with your favor (though not always), and it may protect you from outside forces. If someone tried to attack you (with a spell or something), but your purity was very high, you would have most likely escaped unscathed. Favor may give you strength and power. Purity is always about protection.
It’s a bit like the story about your god’s mercy. The gods protect/heal/save you because they know that you’re a “good” person and you don’t want to fight.

@Mei_Hiroshi You’re welcome! :relaxed:

4 Likes

Now I got it. Thank you :blush:

1 Like